2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

please need help

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/17, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please need help

Hello my name is Renee, I have a 2007 GT my battery just died on me as I was driving head lights went out the whole car security reset car wouldnt run right. So went and put a new battery in but now i have no radio. Want to check my fuses but cant not figure out how to open the box where the fuses are. I removed the cover by the foot kick panel. Just cant figure out how to open the fuse lid itself. Thanks hope to hear back
Old 6/27/17, 12:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
Renee, you have a couple of possible culprits. Do you have the manual for the car? That should help you with the location of the fuse(s) you want to check.

When you pulled the kick panel, was it wet in that area? Signs of wetness in the past, like rust? That is a problem with some of these S197's - if the secondary junction box in that area (SJB) gets wet, all kinds of unhappy electrical things begin to happen.

And if you aren't feeling too confident about messing with it, perhaps you could have a mechanic you trust give you "the tour" so to speak. Then you could be more confident about things the next time.
Old 6/27/17, 01:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
Hi Puddin