2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Pics: NMRA Spring Nationals 4/11

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/06, 07:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Had a great time with Burke0011 and a fellow local Stang nut (who just happens to own my previous Stang [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] )

This nice S197 was on I-75 and joined our caravan [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[attachmentid=46690]

Paul Svincki's (sp?) V6 Pony with a GT engine [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
[attachmentid=46691]
[attachmentid=46692]

The Dark Knight II vs. Bullitt (I have a video, but it's HUGE)
[attachmentid=46693]
[attachmentid=46694]

S197 w/Ford Racing-Whipple supachahga [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[attachmentid=46695]

[attachmentid=46696] [attachmentid=46697]

How do you fit 335's under a Fox body notchback? Mini tubs, of course [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[attachmentid=46698]
Old 3/12/06, 07:04 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I've been trying to keep track of some of the racing from the NMRA website, and from second hand people that are down there racing. Looks like, from what I've read/heard/seen that there are some FAST times coming right out the box this year.

Old 3/12/06, 07:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

[attachmentid=46699]

5.0 Magazine's King Of The Street @ 851RWHP [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
[attachmentid=46700]

Just because something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[attachmentid=46701][attachmentid=46702]
Old 3/12/06, 09:03 AM
I lust for a M24

darn Dave, that looks like fun! I'm sure you guys had a good time. Did you get on the drag strip? How'd the DKII do?

Anyways, glad to see you're Back From the Future. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] (see topic title)

I'm sorry you had to see that yellow blob in person. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/puke.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 09:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Dave,
I saw your ride over in the show car zone, your deep-dish Bullits look killer [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
I looked around for you but never found ya. We need to hook-up sometime.
Yea, that yellow thing was something else; S197+SN95+Corvette? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]
See-Ya,
Jeff
Old 3/12/06, 11:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks guys - yeah it was a good time all around. Though this year I was disappointed in the lack of 05 parts at the vendors. I was all ready to buy a Hurst shifter w/chrome stick, but no one had any for sale [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
John, no track time for Norma Jean - she's a dyno queen [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Jeff - man it's been too long! I wish you'd have PM'd me letting me know you would be there we could have met up somewhere and hung out. I'm going to the NMCA event at Bradenton in a few weeks as well. LMK if you plan on going!
Old 3/12/06, 03:18 PM
GT Member

how did that guy have the FR Whipple?
Old 3/13/06, 07:54 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05GT-O.C.D. @ March 12, 2006, 11:06 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
darn Dave, that looks like fun! I'm sure you guys had a good time. Did you get on the drag strip? How'd the DKII do?

Anyways, glad to see you're Back From the Future. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] (see topic title)

I'm sorry you had to see that yellow blob in person. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/puke.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Wow got back late last night and rolled into work late this morning.... (and yet SOMEHOW I am on The Source, right?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] )

Gotta catch up after being out on Friday and get pics together (from Orlando last week too) but I can happily say that I took Runner-Up in STREET FORD in the Saturday bracket competitions. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

More later!
Old 3/13/06, 08:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(svt boost @ March 12, 2006, 5:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
how did that guy have the FR Whipple?
[/b][/quote]

It was on display at the Ford Racing tent/booth. Probably their show/development car they tote around.
Old 3/13/06, 09:24 AM
FR500 Member

Very nice pics. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] And that's neat to see my buddy Burke in action. That's your brother's Bullitt, right? You guys make me wish I lived in Florida. Nothing fun ever happens in Louisiana. Well, nothing legal anyway.
Old 3/13/06, 10:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burke0011 @ March 13, 2006, 9:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Wow got back late last night and rolled into work late this morning.... (and yet SOMEHOW I am on The Source, right?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] )

Gotta catch up after being out on Friday and get pics together (from Orlando last week too) but I can happily say that I took Runner-Up in STREET FORD in the Saturday bracket competitions. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

More later!
[/b][/quote]

Yeah man gotta see them pics [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] And major CONGRATS on the runner-up [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06, 10:16 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burke0011 @ March 13, 2006, 9:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

More later!
[/b][/quote]

I got a bunch of pics of your car, as well as over 500 covering friday, saturday, and sunday. You might have seen me about 50yds from you with the red 05 that belongs to ron (spyder7724)

Tonight i'll try and get all the pictures online. It will take a while, since I am going to do it all with imageshack.us.... i don't have the bandwidth to host all the pictures [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06, 07:40 PM
Big Falken Tires

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(atomic_il @ March 13, 2006, 12:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I got a bunch of pics of your car, as well as over 500 covering friday, saturday, and sunday. You might have seen me about 50yds from you with the red 05 that belongs to ron (spyder7724)

Tonight i'll try and get all the pictures online. It will take a while, since I am going to do it all with imageshack.us.... i don't have the bandwidth to host all the pictures [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

naw..... that wasn't the one with the RK sport ram air hood-scoop hood was it???
I spotted that S197 and wanted to head over to take a look.... except every time I thought about it, I was listening to the darn radio to see what classes were called next...... That is the ONE bad thing about RUNNING when you go to an event like this - you can't just wander around all the time as you don't want to miss your call up the the line when you have to run....

I hope you got the car on Friday or early Sat cause at least it was CLEAN then....... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Did you come by my brother's motorhome at all?
You shoulda introduced yourself - I would have recognized you if you had described your Source avatar! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06, 08:06 PM
Big Falken Tires

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ March 13, 2006, 11:27 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's your brother's Bullitt, right? [/b][/quote]

OH yeah - Bullitt was running in the 8.90s....... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] and hauling @#^%@#^ !!!
Old 3/13/06, 08:29 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burke0011 @ March 13, 2006, 9:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
naw..... that wasn't the one with the RK sport ram air hood-scoop hood was it???
I spotted that S197 and wanted to head over to take a look.... except every time I thought about it, I was listening to the darn radio to see what classes were called next...... That is the ONE bad thing about RUNNING when you go to an event like this - you can't just wander around all the time as you don't want to miss your call up the the line when you have to run....

I hope you got the car on Friday or early Sat cause at least it was CLEAN then....... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Did you come by my brother's motorhome at all?
You shoulda introduced yourself - I would have recognized you if you had described your Source avatar! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I think i got some pics from saturday... but yes the one with the RK Ram air hood that was red with the black hood latches with drag slicks is the one.

The funny thing is that i saw the car and was thinking 'that looks just like that one dark knight car i seen on the internets!!1!one' so I only took pics of it.

They are all being uploaded now, each picture is about 1.2mb each so it takes about 25 seconds to upload each one, and there are 317 pictures. there are 101 pics from friday and as of right now it is halfway through those.

It was great to see your car though... i remember the first pic i saw of it a long time ago i was like WHOA