2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfft American cars...

Search this Thread

Old 11/26/04, 12:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me just ask you guys, how many times a year do you guys have your car in the repair shop (speaking to Ford owners). Let me rephrase that, how many weeks a year is your car sleeping in the repair shop?

American cars are known to break down, and the name Ford is nothing special. Why don't you just go with the Benz C-Class, for about the same price you can get a Benz, now common I would rather be riding in a European car then an American car any day, and this is coming from a guy that was born in Southern California.

Before you buy your Mustang I recommend you talk to other people (like the wonderful people on this forum) who have owned a Ford for about 3+ years, ask them if they had to ever take it to the shop (for things other then upgrades, oil changes, and tune ups).

Ford is known for being the company with the most recalls for any car EVER. Whether they mess up on there horns, tires, airbags, doors, seatbelts, or just plain tightening of screws, we all know Ford is a piece of you know what when it comes for there care of cars.

European cars are carefully hand made and expected for excellency before each car leaves the factory, they are known for quality The Benz, BMW and Ferrari are just a few of the cars they have.

So again, I have a great sense of care when it comes to my fellow man spending there hard worked money and anyone who wants a Ford should at least consider other cars.

Here are the best types of cars to get in there category:

Asian cars: They will last FOREVER, literally, my mother and father both got a 1986 Camry (NEW) and they ended up selling them without a single problem. And something else to consider is that Asian cars have an EXCELENT resale value.

European cars: The nicest looking cars in the world which also have the best names in the world, no Asian or American car companies name comes close to any European car, not one. The repairs are expensive since few repair shops are needed that specialize in repairing European cars since they almost never break down. You will find European car companies are very generous to give free things standard like leather seats (in fact, ALL European car models have standard leather seats) and you don't have to pay extra for automatic.

American cars: Some models may have *****, but brands of American cars all together show that you have no care for what you drive as long as it's cheap. Dodge may have the viper but there other 8 models are worthless. Ford cars have the worst resale value of any brand in the world, I am sure everyone knows this right?

My recommendation for people looking for an American car is LEASE LEASE LEASE!

I have spent my time writing this review and I hope it will save you some money.

Good luck my hard working brethrens!
Old 11/26/04, 12:31 AM
Cobra R Member

The new Mustang brings back fond memories of 'Cruising Town'...and stopping at the Burger Joint for shakes and a little comraderie. I grew up in the muscle car era.....and no Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, or other is going to re-capture that wonderful '70's feeling for me. You make a valid point on reliabilty/lastability issues with the imports......but that is a long, long, way from the whole picture. And besides, those imports don't make me do this----
Old 11/26/04, 12:41 AM
Banned

Oh sure, I do agree with you, I didn't say you shouldn't get an American car, I am just saying maybe you should consider leasing.

There's no SUV in the world like the HUMMER H2, but when I think about buying it, I know from other people at work that I will end up paying out of my wallet for repairs for the rest of it's life. If you have nothing better to do then wait on your car and pay for repairs then you shouldn't let repairs get in your way.

HUMMER breaks my heart, it's like a super hot blonde with AID's and I was just lucky enough to be told before I was to have intercourse (I read the rules, no bad language) that she is dirty.

Some may still decide to go with the pretty lady, and that’s fine, more power to yah, I am just here as a friend telling, that pretty lady has got AID's.

NOTE: In all seriousness, AID's is a serous disease and should not be look upon lightly.
Leasing is like wearing a condom, it's a good method of protection, so lease American cars if you want to be safe, otherwise, I am just your buddy here telling you to watch out.
Old 11/26/04, 12:56 AM
vld
GT Member

In answer to your first Q my 95 gt's non-regular service related shop time was limited one starter and one control arm and that was it. I never had a moments problem with her.

American cars are known to break down this is true but then so is every other automobile on the road. Name one automobile manufacturer who has not had one of its products break down.

Again, if I were asked about shop time my answer would be none.

European cars are carefully hand made, as far as I know the bulk of the European manufacturers use the very same assembly line method that was pioneered by Ford 1913. Factories where robots do much of the work.
These are links to sites dedicated to some of these EU mass production plants
http://www.bmw-werk-berlin.de/berlin/htdoc...index_home.html
http://www.mbusi.com/ click on the 'plant' link. There is a very nice picture of one of the assembly lines

You use the term 'expected for excellency', I confess I have no idea what that means.

Could you define for me what you consider 'Asian' and 'European' cars.

Also, you keep confusing 'there' with 'their'.
Old 11/26/04, 01:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yea, some imports are nice cars, I'll agree to that. Some aren't. BTW, Honda just announced a large recall on their '04 Accords('03 too, i think). No BS either. And do you know something? Name the one thing that all of these auto makers have in common(other than being imports); Aston Martin, Land Rover, Jaguar, and Mazda. All owned by Ford. Audi and Porshe are part of the VW Group. BMW and M-B have factories here in the states where they build cars using state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques (not hand-built) along with Honda, Toyota and Nissan. And the all-new Ford Mustang is built at the joint Ford-Mazda plant where I work and, yes, we do have Japanese engineers here, but they only work on Mazdas. All of these import plants here in the U.S. use an American workforce that can and does build some of the best vehicles in the world!! Just one last thing, when the imports make a real American Pony Car, let me know, BTW, it's gotta have a V-8, too!!
Old 11/26/04, 01:01 AM
GT Member

This is a Ford website...so like it or not people here are going to buy FORD Mustangs becasue that is what we all L-O-V-E...

If you're European cars are so high and mighty then why are you wasting your time on a Ford website to begin with?

Don't get me wrong, european cars are great (workmanship/quality/re-sale) but there's just something about a good ol' american V-8 under the hood of a Mustang.
Old 11/26/04, 01:03 AM

I finally sold my 01 mercedes s500 that had a sticker price over a100k because it had so many problems with it. Mercedes quality is going down and bmws cars are too ugly to drive not to mention all their crazy electronics. i'm supporting the american economy and driving my ford mustang which feels more european than my 01 c4 porsche
Old 11/26/04, 01:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

BTW, I think that you're confusing paying for the HUMMER and paying for the reapirs of the HUMMER. Unless you make a whole lot of money!! BTW, anything w/ a GMC badge anywhere will most likely break down well before a Ford will!!!IMHO!!!
Old 11/26/04, 01:12 AM
Banned

In reply to VLD:

Ford doesn't even assemble there cars in America, nor does GMC, Dodge, or any car company for that matter. The last car factory in America was in Flintwood, Michigan, they shut it down over 30 years ago (Michael Moore made a documentary about it called "Roger and Me" check it out it will clear up all your questions). All American cars are now assembled in third world countries. At least I know my European car was made in Europe not in Mexico.

That is in response to your comments on how great American cars are assembled.

European cars were once assembled by the victims of the Holocaust by hand and to this day they are still hand made. Your pictures of those machines are in every factor, there meant to carry the 1200 pound frames of the car from one place to the other buddy, you don't think that they actually manually carry the parts do you?

Hand made means that each part is manual connected to each other meaning the a machine that could very easily slip or not know if something is tight enough (because they don't have brains there simply programs to turn a certain number of times and move on) where as a human connecting things together can use there common sense.

Please don't compare American cars to German cars or European cars, it is a insult to the German car companies who don't put together something that will cost them the cheapest (like Americans) but will spend more money to give them a better name.

Here's a test for you:

Say Ford... let it sink in... now say Porches
Say Dodge... let it sink in... now say BMW
Say HUMMER... let it sink in... now say Ferrari
Say Cadillac... let it sink in... now say Lamborghini
Say GMC... let it sink in... now say Mercedes

If you love your American car, then after you say this, hopefully you won't feel to bad.
Old 11/26/04, 01:18 AM
Banned

I totally agree, this is a Ford website, I am simply here telling you it's nice and all but you should probably lease it if you like it so much.

And I know some of you will defend you Fords tell the end, but get in the real world people, not many people are into American cars, they don't really turn heads (except for the HUMMER).

HUMMER is a find peace of hiney, just wish BMW made it, then I would buy every model and make. :)
Old 11/26/04, 01:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well my uncle's last Merc-Benz has undergone about 10,000 dollars of repair, mostly trans work. How do I know? I work for him, and his car is a company car, so I am the one who takes it in to the dealer for work. There are MANY european cars who do not come standard with leather. Not only cloth, but vinyl are base on several makes and models. In addition to this you are being very generalized in your statements. You compared BMW, MB and Ferrari to Ford. Different markets, different products, majorly different prices. Why are there more recalls? You need a certain amount of cars to issue a recall. Ford makes A LOT more cars than most Euporean brands combined. As far as reliablity, how many Ford vehicles are abused via fleet services (rent a car, fire, police, ems, and taxi) and rack up hundreds of thousands of miles. As far as beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder.

On a more personal note, it is pretty obvious that you don't like American cars, let alone the Mustang. And it's offensive to our intelligence to mask your obvious distaste in the car this enthusiast site was built for, by feigning to be concerned with our monetary well being. So please, go pick afight somewhere else.
Old 11/26/04, 01:23 AM
Banned

Oh, and also, don't make fun of BMW, you can point out errors (like I am doing with Ford) but if your just going to say it's ugly, then don't, because that is your opinion, I can easily say that your Mustang is ugly (and that is my opinion) but it might now be yours so try to stear free of opinions.
Old 11/26/04, 01:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Man, I guess you come from some real good schools, huh? Most (not all) American cars are assembled here in the US, and those that aren't are built either in Canada or Mexico. And if thats your definition of hand-built, then they are all hand-built. We attach all of the parts except the glass and some bodypanels all by hand and use tools(air guns and wrenches) to tighten them, except for the ones that are torque-critical, then the computers shoot them while we just guide them on. Maybe you should leave your sheltered life and get a real job at an auto factory and learn something!!! B)BTW, don't try and give us financial advice on things that you don't know anything about!! Have a nice day!!
Old 11/26/04, 01:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Oh by the way, Ford still makes MANY of their cars in America. Michael Moore is a fact twisting donkey doughnut, and for the record, Ford's Mondeo is one of the best selling cars in Europe.
Old 11/26/04, 01:28 AM
Banned

In reply to bigred0383:

I was comparing the brands not models, it just so happens that your American brands all happen to stick with one model which is based around Fords Pinto, then again, that’s my opinion, Google image search "Pinto" then "Mustang" they seem to look alike to me.

And yes, I am bias to European cars, but I assure you I am an American.

You are also bias to American cars, it isn't my opinion it is a fact, your the dictionary definition of bias (as am I) you defend your views alone (as do I) so don't try to pull a red card on me if you kicked the goalie too.
Old 11/26/04, 01:31 AM
Banned

Originally posted by bigred0383@November 26, 2004, 2:29 AM
Michael Moore is a fact twisting donkey doughnut
Hmmm... that shows me how old you are... I will get a picture of a Ford Pinto and a Ford Mustang... Just for laughs... there shockingly similar.

One sec...
Old 11/26/04, 01:32 AM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Old 11/26/04, 01:33 AM
Banned

Old 11/26/04, 01:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

This idiot is a TROLL!!! :bang: Can't even distinguish a Pinto from a late model Mustang or any year Mustang for that matter!! BTW, cool looking Pinto!!
Old 11/26/04, 01:34 AM
Banned

If Ford still made pintos, they would look exactly like your mustang ;)

Quick Reply: Pfft American cars...