2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Performance Mods, wasting money?

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/05, 02:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we have done a pretty good job disproving the exhaust for sure. The pullies are so so as us informing others. But , most posts (if read) will tell you the tune and a CAI seem to be good combos

I agree with you as far as letting others know whats up ... it helps them in the long run. You never know, they may be the next person who mods something you haven't and we can share from those experiences.

-Bryan
Old 1/2/05, 02:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 2005RedGT@January 2, 2005, 4:30 PM
I think we have done a pretty good job disproving the exhaust for sure. The pullies are so so as us informing others. But , most posts (if read) will tell you the tune and a CAI seem to be good combos

I agree with you as far as letting others know whats up ... it helps them in the long run. You never know, they may be the next person who mods something you haven't and we can share from those experiences.

-Bryan
I am so disappointed that it is Winter time and I can do nothing but wait...I did however get a chance to meet with the owner of the new Mustang race shop in town, he has high expectations for the '05! He would not go into detail, but said that he has a few other mods "Up his sleeve" that he would like to try, so I can't wait.

Hopefully I can pass new tid bits along as I begin my modifications in the near future.

I guess for now, since the car is stored in the garage where I can drool, I mean work on it, maybe I will get some of the body modifications started! Might even purchase a spring compressor and attempt the lowering springs myself...(Can you say, Poke Your Eye Out??!!!)

Mike
Old 1/2/05, 03:12 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too love that Bryan and Swingle are really going at it with their GTs.

As far as I am concerned, I'm going to worry about the exterior for the time being (Eibach spring kit, 18 inch wheels and tires, tiniting) and see what comes down the pike next year. Everything is SO new about the car, people are only startingh to scratch the surface with mods. I am sure we'll see some neater stuff by this time next year. I don;t plan on doing any heavy 'racing' so I can wait....