2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Parking Lot Pests

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/05, 02:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by AJC@May 6, 2005, 2:35 PM

Parking out there hasnt helped avoid those over anxious lookie looes thou... that just have to touch my BLACK stang .... :cry:

UGH!! :bang: I know what you mean, drives me BONKERS!!!
Old 5/6/05, 02:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

In my parking garage at work, on the level that I park on, I'm usually there before other cars arrive. When I leave for the day, I cross my fingers that there aren't any door dings, or worse. Its usually the same three or four cars on either side of me, and their owners seem to be fairly respectable of other's vehicles.

On a different note, I was driving home from work yesterday on the freeway, and was two cars behind a cement truck. Just when I was thinking I hope there aren't any loose rock/cement pieces to fly off of it, a large rock chip came off the truck, over the car in front of me, and straight into the drivers side of my windshield. I now have a rock chip on my windshield. :bang:
Old 5/6/05, 02:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by biggdaddie330@May 6, 2005, 1:07 PM
I have a 05 GT 5 speed manual. I park it away from everything in the parking lot at work. Now here is the kicker some donkey donut comes and parks right beside me 200 yards away from the building. I move the car after this happened twice, the donkey donut follows me where ever I go. Any suggestions??? No damage has been done to the car, but I wonder what people get out of doing this. I have decided to stay in one spot maybe he will get tired of the long walk everyday or make him think it is not irritating. By the way the donkey donut drives a pickup. I have his tag number in case anything damage ever happens
Clearly you need to do everything in your power to get this jerk fired.

I'm very fortunate to have a parking lot that will hold at least 50 or 60 cars, but there are never more than 5 using it at any time!
Old 5/6/05, 02:44 PM
I'm people, and I like.

At school I try to park my sorry piece of crap next to awesome vehicles (i.e. '05 mustangs, 71 stang, 67 stang, 69 chevelle, 69 camaro rs/ss). I park next to them not to hit them (i am always careful), but to admire the heck out of it!
Old 5/6/05, 02:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

One time while out I parked my car and thought I was safe. Safe because the spots are really wide so I wasn't worried about anyone parking next to me. I didn't consider the space in front of mine though. I come out to my car and find some Buick parked across from me with it's front bumper into my front bumper, not just up close and resting, pressed together into it. I hadn't even gotten my plates yet and this happened. Of course I was madder than heck and gave the other car a good swift kick with my steel toed boots. I backed my car up and looked, amazingly no damage. There was no damage to the other car either from my boot as I kicked its bumper and not a door panel but I sure felt better.
Old 5/6/05, 02:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fortunately, I have buds at work that care about their cars. We all park at the far end of the lot and "sheild" each other. Only one person has their car exposed on one side. We're fine when we get there in the morning, but when 2nd shift arrives, the lot fills and someone's car is at risk.

Dunno what to do about the jerk at your work, bigdaddie, other than confront him like adrenalin did.
Old 5/6/05, 02:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

GhostTX Posted Today, 04:56 PM

Dunno what to do about the jerk at your work, bigdaddie, other than confront him like adrenalin did.
What he said.
Old 5/6/05, 02:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by AJC@May 6, 2005, 1:35 PM
I work at a place that has only 1/2 the lot full so I can park all the way in the back far away from the villians who dont care about how they open the doors of their cars.. AND because the lot was so empty ... I parked in two spaces..

two things have happened since parking out near the north pole... One day a bunch of coworkers surrounded my car with their cars at all different angles.. since they found it so amusing I wouldnt park near the door dingers... and I couldnt leave...

Second thing that happened was a bored company security guard gave me a parking ticket for parking in two spaces 100+ ft from the nearest car... in a 1/2 full lot.
My boss found it amusing -since it was sent to him also...I still park out in the far corner.. just not in two spaces.

Parking out there hasnt helped avoid those over anxious lookie looes thou... that just have to touch my BLACK stang .... :cry:
Know what you mean. Hate getting back to my car and finding fingerprints all over it! No other color shows off prints like black!

~Rob
Old 5/6/05, 03:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee+May 6, 2005, 3:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(southern_stang_girlee @ May 6, 2005, 3:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by mustangspeeder@May 6, 2005, 1:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-southern_stang_girlee
@May 6, 2005, 12:32 PM

But at least the parking spots are spacious, so, I dont have worry about door dings. Id hate to have to beat someones **** in the middle of main street.... lol

But you'd still do it if something like that happened, right?

oh yea! LOL Ive said from the first day I got my stang, if ever someone is the cause of any damage to my car, I would be in handcuffs before I would realize what just happened.

I had my daughter with me one day, and she knows how I am about my car. Some old woman parks right next to us after we had pulled in and in a flash she had swung that door open! I gasped!

My daughter said, "MOM! you ok?" I said, "yea, now that I see she didn't hit my car!" She said, "mom, shes old" I said, "Well, she would have been OLD and BLEEDING if she had hit my car!"

I know, Im not going to heaven, I know -- I know

[/b][/quote]

Neither am I Lynell!!! I stopped taking my stang to work because of the idiots. This one woman drives like a nut and has hit two cars already!
Old 5/6/05, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@May 6, 2005, 1:18 PM
Just be glad only 1 person does it. People will be jealous of your car and normally they are the ones that do it. Unfortunately I work with a guy that does that. He parked his clunker next to my car out in the boonies at work. So I asked him why. He said "All you guys think your new cars are just too good to park with the rest of us so I park next to you to say your car is not better than mine".
Is THAT why these morons with junk cars park right next to mine when I park in "no man's land" of public parking areas??? I have noticed this "parking behaviour" and it never really made sense to me, it was always like "hmmm, wonder WHY that person thought that they should park THERE, next to my car whcih is away from other cars in the lot?"... now I know, they are just jealous!
Old 5/6/05, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

1. I always park my 98 Windstar at the end of the lot with the Mustang, Vettes and other nice cars for two reasons I know we won't bump their car and I know they won't bump mine. I thought the end of the lot was for anyone who cares about there car and others cars.

2. I often see the Mustang and Vette owners walking around our Windstar in admiration checking out the plastic hub caps and two tone paint job. They are usually shaking their head saying “someday I'll get one as nice as this”.

Well one out of two is not bad
Old 5/6/05, 09:11 PM
V6 Member

just bring a roll of bright yellow caution tape and wrap your car in it
Old 5/6/05, 09:32 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I usually park my current beaters next to my friends nice cars when we hit the town because that way no one else can park next to them. Try and help them out that way.

You can't keep a car new forever, but it is always frustrating to get dents and dings just because someone doesn't know any better than to whip their door open.
Old 5/6/05, 10:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

I park in between 2 cement columns at work...it's not really a parking space, I've not gotten ticked yet
Old 5/6/05, 10:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Other than just being a jackazz, I always fail to fathom why some people cannot let others enjoy having a new vehicle for awhile before it starts to show wear and tear; they are only "new" for so long. :scratch:

Now that my wife is getting her MG GT Vert tomorrow, I am glad she has an assigned spot in the ramp at work and gets along with those on either side of her. It will also make tracking quite a bit easier. Those parking lots at the store however are another matter entirely. :bang:

Keep the shiney side up everyone!

EK
Old 5/7/05, 12:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by orange04cobra@May 6, 2005, 9:14 PM
just bring a roll of bright yellow caution tape and wrap your car in it
Now that right there is a good idea! Since I get it for free at work, I might just have to try it. My car will be a crime scene wherever I park.

MustangDan--You crack me up. You need to post a pic of your coveted van for us to drool over!
Old 5/7/05, 06:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MustangDan@May 6, 2005, 10:53 PM
2. I often see the Mustang and Vette owners walking around our Windstar in admiration checking out the plastic hub caps and two tone paint job. They are usually shaking their head saying “someday I'll get one as nice as this”.
Old 5/7/05, 06:48 AM
V6 Member

Parking lot at work? I am fearing my daughters, ages 5 and 7! Last year when we got my wifes black 05 Town and Country my daughters somehow got ahold of a coarse sanding block (I live in a new development and they are constanty building so we find all kinds of interesting things left laying around) anyhow she decides to "wash" the van with it! I was cutting the grass and not paying much attention at the time, but it wasn't pretty! Most of them rubbed out. I told my wife the garage is off limits once the 'stang gets here...no touchy, no lookey and no kiddies!
Old 5/7/05, 06:52 AM
V6 Member

Cool

Originally posted by hispony+May 7, 2005, 8:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hispony @ May 7, 2005, 8:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MustangDan@May 6, 2005, 10:53 PM

[/b][/quote]

It's not the "coveted" Northwoods edition is it? I saw one on ebay once demanding a $50.00 premium over the LX model! Had to be the two-tone paint!
Old 5/7/05, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just keep some velvet rope in your trunk!

Quick Reply: Parking Lot Pests