2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Parking Lot Pests

Old 5/6/05, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 05 GT 5 speed manual. I park it away from everything in the parking lot at work. Now here is the kicker some donkey donut comes and parks right beside me 200 yards away from the building. I move the car after this happened twice, the donkey donut follows me where ever I go. Any suggestions??? No damage has been done to the car, but I wonder what people get out of doing this. I have decided to stay in one spot maybe he will get tired of the long walk everyday or make him think it is not irritating. By the way the donkey donut drives a pickup. I have his tag number in case anything damage ever happens
Old 5/6/05, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Try putting on note on his window. Tell him you have a nice truck. I have a nice car. How about we give each other some S P A C E. Please.

Then shove a banana up his exhaust pipe(s). Just kidding!
Old 5/6/05, 01:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05stangster@May 6, 2005, 1:09 PM
Try putting on note on his window. Tell him you have a nice truck. I have a nice car. How about we give each other some S P A C E. Please.

Then shove a banana up his exhaust pipe(s). Just kidding!

Old 5/6/05, 01:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Get to work later than he does.
Old 5/6/05, 01:15 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just be glad only 1 person does it. People will be jealous of your car and normally they are the ones that do it. Unfortunately I work with a guy that does that. He parked his clunker next to my car out in the boonies at work. So I asked him why. He said "All you guys think your new cars are just too good to park with the rest of us so I park next to you to say your car is not better than mine". I told him, "I park my car out in the boonies because morons like you open your clunker car doors into other cars because you don't care about your car. I care about my car and would ring the neck of a donkey donut like you if you ever put a dent in it. Come to think of it, you are the only donkey donut that parks next to me at work so if something should ever happen to my car while at work it makes it real easy for me to figure out who I'll be waiting for after work."

He gave me an interesting look but needless to say he has never parked next to my car since

By the way, I didn't call him donkey donut. I used a different term that the forum censors will not allow.
Old 5/6/05, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Unfortunately at my office parking is so limited (they have about 100 spaces for 400+ people that work at this location) that I have to usually park my truck on the street. I'm going to be waaay paranoid once I get my Mustang.
Old 5/6/05, 01:28 PM
FR500 Member

I'm very lucky! I get to park next to 2 car guys, one with a Cobra and the other a Vette. We all talked one day and agreed we're NEVER going to upgrade to a closer spot.
Old 5/6/05, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mustangspeeder@May 6, 2005, 1:26 PM
Unfortunately at my office parking is so limited (they have about 100 spaces for 400+ people that work at this location) that I have to usually park my truck on the street. I'm going to be waaay paranoid once I get my Mustang.

I work on MAIN STREET in my town, and it is the MAIN street. Every little shop is on this street. Parking is on the left and right of the street. Cars zoom past, so backing out is dangerous (when you're in a low car like my mustang) and even worse, the 18 wheelers go as fast as the cars!!

But at least the parking spots are spacious, so, I dont have worry about door dings. Id hate to have to beat someones **** in the middle of main street.... lol

Old 5/6/05, 01:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@May 6, 2005, 12:32 PM

But at least the parking spots are spacious, so, I dont have worry about door dings. Id hate to have to beat someones **** in the middle of main street.... lol

But you'd still do it if something like that happened, right?
Old 5/6/05, 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mustangspeeder+May 6, 2005, 1:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustangspeeder @ May 6, 2005, 1:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-southern_stang_girlee@May 6, 2005, 12:32 PM

But you'd still do it if something like that happened, right?
[/b][/quote]

oh yea! LOL Ive said from the first day I got my stang, if ever someone is the cause of any damage to my car, I would be in handcuffs before I would realize what just happened.

I had my daughter with me one day, and she knows how I am about my car. Some old woman parks right next to us after we had pulled in and in a flash she had swung that door open! I gasped!

My daughter said, "MOM! you ok?" I said, "yea, now that I see she didn't hit my car!" She said, "mom, shes old" I said, "Well, she would have been OLD and BLEEDING if she had hit my car!"

I know, Im not going to heaven, I know -- I know
Old 5/6/05, 01:41 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I got the best work parking spot in the world In my horse house...

Working from home has its advantages.
Old 5/6/05, 01:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

LOL Do they have Mustangs in the anti-heaven? Actually probably not, it'll all be filled with imports.
Old 5/6/05, 01:43 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by mustangspeeder@May 6, 2005, 1:45 PM
LOL Do they have Mustangs in the anti-heaven? Actually probably not, it'll all be filled with imports.
Just wait'll I get down there
Old 5/6/05, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mustangspeeder@May 6, 2005, 1:45 PM
LOL Do they have Mustangs in heck? Actually probably not, it'll all be filled with imports.

LOL Blasted censors! :bang:

I changed it --- Censoring is only good for the forum, b/c everytime I see my post , I curse like crazy--- LOL
:bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 5/6/05, 01:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@May 6, 2005, 12:31 PM
I'm very lucky! I get to park next to 2 car guys, one with a Cobra and the other a Vette. We all talked one day and agreed we're NEVER going to upgrade to a closer spot.
You are lucky, the car probably feels quite safe by those two
Old 5/6/05, 01:53 PM
Cobra Member

Wow. Someone clearly has to be mentally disturbed to state that they park next to you "because you think your car is better than mine". Seriously, that is mental insitution talk. This guy must have been a total ignorant redneck.

Thankfully, at home, I have no problems, and at work, I find those sweet corner spots that are slanted away from the others. Structural column on one side, six feet of open space on the other.
Old 5/6/05, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm lucky too. Where I work, there are ten floors of parking. I have my spot on the fifth floor. Everyone that parks on the floor had to hear me for 2 months while I waited for my Stang. When the Torch Red Stang arrived, everyone was scared to death to park anywhere near it! Now they create a buffer for me. I'm on the end of a row, then one of the other people always takes up two spots by mine so no one can park next to me. It's good to have friends!
Old 5/6/05, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you have that many available spots, park angled across two spots. Of course he may do the same, but maybe not.
Old 5/6/05, 02:07 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Know whats done the trick for me?
Park next to another mustang, mustangs are not hard to find down here, you park next to 1-2- of em and you got it covered.
Old 5/6/05, 02:32 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I work at a place that has only 1/2 the lot full so I can park all the way in the back far away from the villians who dont care about how they open the doors of their cars.. AND because the lot was so empty ... I parked in two spaces..

two things have happened since parking out near the north pole... One day a bunch of coworkers surrounded my car with their cars at all different angles.. since they found it so amusing I wouldnt park near the door dingers... and I couldnt leave...

Second thing that happened was a bored company security guard gave me a parking ticket for parking in two spaces 100+ ft from the nearest car... in a 1/2 full lot.
My boss found it amusing -since it was sent to him also...I still park out in the far corner.. just not in two spaces.

Parking out there hasnt helped avoid those over anxious lookie looes thou... that just have to touch my BLACK stang .... :cry:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parking Lot Pests