2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

P.O'ed

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/07, 04:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P.O'ed

So washed and waxed my car today after work....noticed another rock chip on the hood (now there is 3), noticed a small ding near my gas door. Now to top it off Tuesday night I re-arranged my garage to fit my car and my wifes Pathfinder in it. Backed into some garage junk and put 3 dimples in my rear bumper. One of them took some paint off with it. My car has less then 2500 miles on it and I'm getting the Black car curse.....

The first 2 rock chips I got the day after I got my car...love Texas roads and semi's. The 3rd one a "Stone Supply" semi was merging onto the highway and guess what, about 4 lb's worth of rocks and debris fell off and scattered along all 4 lanes. Sure enough I heard a rock hit my car.

Sorry for the rant, but **** it I'm mad today. I'm going to get a beer!

On a positive note I gradutated from college today with my Associates Degree. Not like it means much in the job world for the degree I got, but hey it was free.
Old 4/27/07, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

I know, it sucks. I remember finding a good size dent followed by several scratches on my rear driver-side quater panel one day after work. This was about one month after I got the car . To top it all off, I was paying to park in the parking lot I was in at the time, so I wouldnt have to leave it in the street (Boston) and of course the parking attendant couldnt help me out, even with just a description of the other car that hit me .
Old 4/27/07, 04:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Speeddmn
Sorry for the rant, but **** it I'm mad today. I'm going to get a beer!

On a positive note I gradutated from college today with my Associates Degree. Not like it means much in the job world for the degree I got, but hey it was free.
I feel your pain. I seem to be picking up one chip a week. The hood seems particularly vulnerable.

I use the Stang about once or twice a week on my 100+ mile round trip commute. On my regular commuter vehicle (Toyota Highlander) I've already replaced the windshield, the bumper, the grille and one of the headlights all due to flying debris. And my hood looks like it was in a gangster movie.

It's just a matter of time before I get a significant blow to the Mustang. But you know what? I won't regret driving it...it's too much fun - if it gets beat up a little, it will be like battle scars. (At least that's what I'm telling myself now. )

As much as chips and dings drive me crazy, if you're going to drive a car in the real world (vs. trailering it to shows) it's just gonna happen.

Congrats with your degree. It DOES mean something to many employers. What area is it in?
Old 4/27/07, 04:44 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah man...congrats on the degree! I should finish mine up this fall.
Old 4/27/07, 04:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Never hurts to ask your dealer. My dealer will fix any chips/scratches for as long as I have the car, provided it can just be "touched up". They do a fantastic job of it, too. Might wanna ask them. It's worth a shot.
Old 4/27/07, 05:41 PM
GT Member

Congrats with your degree. It DOES mean something to many employers. What area is it in?
Avaition Maintence Technology. I am a Crew Chief in the US Air Force on the A-10 Thunderbolt. I love my job, but the CCAF (Community College of the Air Force) Degree means dang near nothing in the civilian side.
Old 4/27/07, 06:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Avaition Maintence Technology. I am a Crew Chief in the US Air Force on the A-10 Thunderbolt. I love my job, but the CCAF (Community College of the Air Force) Degree means dang near nothing in the civilian side.
Man, don't write it off.

Take some advice from an old guy and long-term employer. Be proud of your accomplishments no matter what they are. Employers like a positive attitude and many will appreciate the fact that you completed coursework and got a degree...it may not even matter in what subject! But if you talk it down every chance you get, and don't value your own accomplishments, no one else will.

[/lecture]
Old 4/27/07, 06:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

once on my way to work i was flyin on the BQE and there were these black bags in the lanes. since i was pinned between a tractor trailer and a WALL i had no choice but to hit it. turned out to be fill with rocks and it scratched the bottom lip of the front spoiler pretty good. thankfully its a spot where a CDC chin apoiler would completely cover! but yea, that black car curse is a B!TCH.
Old 4/27/07, 07:08 PM

Speeddmn, are you taking your A&P test soon? I'm also in the aviation mx field. Good luck on the test. As you know you'll need that A&P certificate to work in general aviation.

John
Old 4/27/07, 08:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I have 1 more yaer left(give or take ) for my AA. What are you majoring in? Im majoring in Engineering
Old 4/27/07, 09:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by davisinla
Man, don't write it off.

Take some advice from an old guy and long-term employer. Be proud of your accomplishments no matter what they are. Employers like a positive attitude and many will appreciate the fact that you completed coursework and got a degree...it may not even matter in what subject! But if you talk it down every chance you get, and don't value your own accomplishments, no one else will.

[/lecture]
+1! In all honesty a degree does little more than to prove that you follow through once you start something. THAT is one of the most important qualities an employer looks for. Hang in there with the car...**** happens. There's no sense getting upset about something you have no control over. Just deal with the issues as they pop up...
Old 4/27/07, 10:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

dude i am noticing everything on my car but a friend of mine does touchups and scratch removal so he said for $150 he will remove all the scratches and swirls and pro-touchup all the rock ships, like i said before, ford got cheap with paint job on these cars
Old 4/28/07, 07:27 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GTJohnny
Speeddmn, are you taking your A&P test soon? I'm also in the aviation mx field. Good luck on the test. As you know you'll need that A&P certificate to work in general aviation.

John
I want to get my A&P but would rather spend time with my son. Also I like maintence work, and once I retire I don't want to work on jets/planes anymore.
Old 4/28/07, 08:16 AM
Cobra Member

Don't knock your degree man. Be very proud of yourself. I'm sure your family is. And don't worry about the car. It's just a car. When I got my Mustang last year, I was so **** about it. I would yell at the kids for getting to close. Rag on the wife for pulling too far into the garage. I've relized it's not worth the pain I caused others. I told myself it's just a car and can be fixed if need be. Now a year and a half later, it still looks like the day I brought it home. Sure I have a chip here and a couple light scratches there. Anyway, congrats on the degree.
Old 4/28/07, 09:04 AM
V6 Member

I feel your pain on the "black car curse". My advice is to purchase a paint pen. I've used it to touch up several rock chips where the lighter primer color is showing and it makes a big, positive difference. Do a search for more tips on paint pen use.

Congrats on the degree
Old 4/28/07, 10:20 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I noticed my first ding in the passenger door a week ago, odd thing is I have no clue where I would have been to get the ding. I had it taken out last week as well. Gotta love PDR
Old 4/28/07, 11:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Gotta love PDR
+1

First time I tried it a few years back, a huge pine cone had fallen on the hood of my perfect '87 LX. It was a pretty decent dent. I really didn't want to have the hood painted so I figured I'd give it a try.

I was astounded that I couldn't tell where it had been. Since then, I've used the same guy three of four times and am always amazed at the results.

As far as avoiding door dings, check out this site...

http://www.parkingbydesign.com/
Old 4/28/07, 11:53 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I want to get my A&P but would rather spend time with my son. Also I like maintence work, and once I retire I don't want to work on jets/planes anymore.
My company loves ex-servicemen.
They have a place in Fort Worth that might be right up your alley.
You might have to work on aircraft though.
Seriously, check them out.

http://careers.na.baesystems.com/
Old 4/28/07, 01:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts