2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Outsourced had to sell

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/05, 03:35 PM
Jim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, don't give up the idea about your new Mustang, that 06 or 07 is something for you to look forward to. I'm in IT about 30 years worth now, been layed off
a number of times and I always end up with something better. Hope that happens for you too.

Jim
Old 4/1/05, 12:33 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@March 31, 2005, 4:09 PM
Headhunters! Mankinds best friend
Funny thing, i would say that about 2/3 of the headhunters that have contacted me have been in India. They seem to think Florida and Ohio are within driving distance of SoCal...
Old 4/2/05, 08:05 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Jim@March 31, 2005, 4:38 PM
Yeah, don't give up the idea about your new Mustang, that 06 or 07 is something for you to look forward to. I'm in IT about 30 years worth now, been layed off
a number of times and I always end up with something better. Hope that happens for you too.

Jim
Thanks, I will be looking to get an 06 vert or 07 GT500 if I can find a conparable job. This company is one of the biggest in Ms. so I will probably have to settle for less. Also, I am right at 50 and the age thing makes me nervous.
Old 4/2/05, 04:14 PM

Originally posted by SixtySix@March 31, 2005, 3:48 PM
Freelancing does NOT mean you're unemployed. As someone who has been outsourced, layed-off....etc many times. I look at it as an opportunity to move on to something better. I was layed off right after 9-11 when everyone said "You can't get a job, it's impossible" I freelanced until I found a job I wanted, and beat out 2,500 other applicants to get it.

That's just one example.

I've never been unemployed, or collected unemployment benefits.

Also, for those companies that are just starting to outsource now, well they're WAY behind the power curve. This has been going on for years. The ones who tried this approach years ago learned their lesson. It ended up costing MORE not less to outsource overseas. The jobs that I had been outsourced from, ALL of them have increased their onsite staff as a result of the lessons learned from outsourcing.

Don't believe the "hype" of times are dire. They really never have been.
Wow -- that's great for you. But I notice you don't live in MI, where we have the 2nd highest UE rate in the nation. Talk to our friends here in IT who have been UE for 3 years. Can't get hired in lower-paying jobs 'cuz those employers believe they'll cut and run as soon as a "real" job comes along. Losing their homes, declaring bankrupcty. That's what I'd call dire.

In my husband's case, freelancing DOES mean unemployed, at least right now. He does it while employed, too, but we don't have to rely on it then as we do now.

Save the sermons, please.