2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Outsourced had to sell

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/05, 06:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everything happens for a reason and in the end something will work out for you. As someone said better to have had it than never have had it. I am in manufacturing and we see this outsourcing daily and it is BS. Saving money for shareholders is all they care about. When we are all saying "welcome to Walmart" and making $8 an hour and cant afford expensive items they will finally wake up. Also we spread more WMD to 3rd world countries by enabling them to be more technologically advanced by outsourcing than Pakistan, North Korea, and others ever will.
Old 3/30/05, 06:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Considering your location---Clinton, MS---you did just fine. You're not going to get over MSRP on a used car in your area.

Hang in there, brighter days lay ahead for you. You'll be fine. Good luck.
Old 3/30/05, 07:01 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There sure are a lot of us IT guys in this forum. Anyway, that stinks you had to sell it. IT is not what it use to be. When I took my W2K MCSE course you needed to have College Diploma or University degree. Now you just need to know your ABC's to get the certification. Schools just want the cash and that p!sses me off. Too bad they didn't do the same thing with Dentists and Doctors.
Old 3/30/05, 07:15 AM
Cobra Member

Good luck in finding a new job! An $1800 loss on a new car, is not bad. It doesn't seem like it, because it still is a lot of money, but you were lucky the car is in ultra high demand, and easy to sell.
Old 3/30/05, 07:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by GOFISCH+March 30, 2005, 5:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GOFISCH @ March 30, 2005, 5:27 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-pittperson@March 30, 2005, 1:37 AM
I'd say you made out pretty well.

I'm in the IT world as well. lucky for me though I am in a customer facing role, therefore being able to speak fluid English is mandatory.
Since when?
[/b][/quote]

Really! I'm in a customer facing role but that isn't stopping my employer from sending our work to Curitiba Brazil!
Old 3/30/05, 07:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Captmojo@March 30, 2005, 7:23 AM
Sorry you had to sell a dream car

Also, sorry to hear that your another victum of buisness greed also called outsourcing.
I also work in the IT industry and the idea of savinga few pennys at the cost of american jobs sent to India or someplace else flat out stinks.

Look at this as an opportunity to start a new career in a field that can't be sent to someone overseas.
man, saving a few pennies?? they went from paying me over 45,000 a year to paying someone in India like 50 bucks a week.
Old 3/30/05, 08:10 AM

Originally posted by kevinb120@March 30, 2005, 12:49 AM
My boss was an Manheim the other day and a Mustang GT sold for the equivilant of $5k over sticker, used.
Are you talking about Manheim Auto Auctions in Dallas?

Back to topic, I used to work for "Large Software" company in the Seattle area and they have been outsourcing to India for a couple of years now so I have definately felt the hit. Good thing I went over there to train them how to do my friend's jobs :bang: . Sorry to hear about the job man, maybe someone will provoke pakistan into nuking india
Old 3/30/05, 08:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Dude that stinks. Hopefully things will turn out for the best! I graduated with an IT degree last year and have taken a database / reporting role but I really, really wanted to do programming.

That being said, I hear pretty often about people in programming getting their jobs outsourced and then I think maybe I should just stay where I am at ?!?

It won't be long before every other country will completely own the US
Old 3/31/05, 03:41 AM
GT Member

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 3/31/05, 05:07 AM
V6 Member

Really stinks you got rid of your ride.

I'm an IT guy myself but, my job is with a Department of Defense contractor. No India outsourcing for us. Plenty of money and contracts. Looks like the IT world, at least with govt contractors like Lockheed Martin, etc., is heading into providing services instead of providing plattforms. Yes, planes will be built, but the money is in the service, maintenance contracts that come along with it. It is sad seeing jobs heading overseas. With all the security worries and issues around the world, you never know who you are talking to on the other side of the phone and giving them access to your computers and information. Go figure.

Best of luck to you,

Luis
Old 3/31/05, 07:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Very sorry to hear about the bad news.

Who knows though, maybe something twice as better will come your way and you might even be able to get the Shelby when it comes out. Good luck. Dont let it get to you. Its just a car and the most important thing is to have good health.

David
Old 3/31/05, 07:33 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by pittperson@March 30, 2005, 12:37 AM
I'd say you made out pretty well.

I'm in the IT world as well. lucky for me though I am in a customer facing role, therefore being able to speak fluid English is mandatory.

speak fluid English ? Don't you mean fluent English?
Old 3/31/05, 12:14 PM
GT Member

Sorry to hear about your job loss. I am an out of work programmer, so I can understand... Bad profession nowadays. I regret becoming a programmer now...

I am practicing saying "Welcome to Walmart" and forcing a smile...
Old 3/31/05, 12:47 PM
GT Member

I wonder what we will all do when we are all real estate agents, because that is the last job left in America, and we just sold the last piece of America to a foreign interest? :scratch:
Old 3/31/05, 01:50 PM

Sorry you had to sell your Stang! My husband's an IT guy (been outsourced more times than I care to remember; currently unemployed but freelancing) so I feel your pain. I can only dream about a Mustang 'til the IT industry evens out again (will it ever?).
Old 3/31/05, 02:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Freelancing is the way to go. Get your skills up and drive on. Make what you are worth to yourself, not to others.

Sorry about your ride. But you will be bragging about all of the cool features in your 06 or 07 Mustang soon.

By the way, I've been told that you left some tissues in the car.
Old 3/31/05, 02:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to hear of your loss. Another IT. guy here that has lost a job to overseas a few years ago. Talk about the market being tough for IT.
Good luck!
Michael
Old 3/31/05, 02:45 PM
FR500 Member

Freelancing is the way to go. Get your skills up and drive on.

Thank you for that balance that was sorely needed in this off-topic pity party.

Freelancing does NOT mean you're unemployed. As someone who has been outsourced, layed-off....etc many times. I look at it as an opportunity to move on to something better. I was layed off right after 9-11 when everyone said "You can't get a job, it's impossible" I freelanced until I found a job I wanted, and beat out 2,500 other applicants to get it.

That's just one example.

I've never been unemployed, or collected unemployment benefits.

Also, for those companies that are just starting to outsource now, well they're WAY behind the power curve. This has been going on for years. The ones who tried this approach years ago learned their lesson. It ended up costing MORE not less to outsource overseas. The jobs that I had been outsourced from, ALL of them have increased their onsite staff as a result of the lessons learned from outsourcing.

Don't believe the "hype" of times are dire. They really never have been.
Old 3/31/05, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi! Sorry to hear about your cituation. I am in IT as well and had experienced being unemployed for a while. I actually trained and managed 3 developers in India who eventually were used to replace me. Nothing personal there, strictly business, but it was still tough. Don't give up - you WILL find a good or even a better job. I can safely say that because all, but one of my friends went through the same experience in the last few years. All of them found new jobs. True it took some a fairly long time, but noneless, all have good jobs now. This is a fact of life, not only in IT, but almost in every industry - people loose jobs, but then they find other jobs. Drop me an PM if you need info on head hunters in NJ. Also contact me if you want info on some free online books on Java. 2006 Stang will be a better car I hear Good luck!
Old 3/31/05, 03:06 PM
FR500 Member

Headhunters! Mankinds best friend

Quick Reply: Outsourced had to sell