2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Order Shelby GT500 HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/05, 11:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hehe... this is so funny... this thread reminds me of the exact same things that were happening when the '05 Mustang first came out and dealers were asking 10 grand over.

A lot of people bashed them and others said, "That's not that bad it's a great car!"

And then the whole, "Well if you really want one you'll pay that much and if you don't then I guess you didn't want one that bad."

Heh.... bought mine at under MSRP because I am no fool... but if you check that auction... there are at least 15 that are prepared to pay that much... hoo boy.
Old 10/4/05, 03:09 AM
Closet American

I love Stangs and I love Ford, but I ain't no fool. At the end of the day, it's JUST a Ford and Ford has still got some serious financial, quality and image issues to deal with before they're out of the woods.

The company hits ONE out of the ballpark, and they think they're justified in charging an arm and a leg for every variation of the new Mustang that hits their lots?

Yeah, okay. Wait till all the Mustang hype dies down, then see how haughty these dealers are when they haven't made any money all month, and some buyer is cross-shopping the new Futura with the new Camry - then goes and picks the Camry.

They won't be holding their noses in the air then. :nono:
Old 10/4/05, 12:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arn't dealers privately owned? Being a free market, they can charge what ever they want for a vehicle if we're willing to pay for it. The foolish ones are the ones paying over MSRP, not the dealerships. We all have priorties on where we spend our disposable income. Some might spend theirs on cigarettes, some on bottled water, toys for their kids, toys for ourselves. Heck, the daily Caribou Coffee stops I make are foolish but it's my decision to do so. But that's ok because I enjoy it. So, I'll feed the coffee shop's pocket book with my buck and let's let the ones that can afford the $15,000 over MSRP to feed the dealership their buck. The key word is, theirs. Not ours.
By the way, Fireside is the blend I drink. Mmmmm. Here's $1.76 mam.
Old 10/4/05, 01:20 PM

Seems to me you could take a stock 2006 Mustang GT and do every performance and appearance mod on earth to it and wind up with the same HP and for less in total cost than the $50K+ it is going to take to get one of the 7,500 Shelbys. This is the kind of car Jay Leno is going to add to his collection. Good luck to the comman man who is trying to get on the waiting list.
Old 10/4/05, 02:05 PM
GT Member

Everyone here has brought up some interesting points. The comments about taking a Mustang Gt, to the performance level of a GT 500 is right on. I estimate for about 40 to 50K you could do this if you desired to spend the money. Bottom line there are enough people in this world fools or not, that will pay large amounts over MSRP because they want the car. Waiting lists at SVT dealers are averaging 10 to 12, and most dealers are accepting down payments. No cars and maybe only getting one to 2 cars the dealers know they can make money. I think the Ebay is a great way to sell this car, because the dealer right off the bat, will get an idea of how much he can sell one for over MSRP. Therefore if he gets a second one, he knows what to expect to make. Its not great from a customer service perspective, but its a great way to make money. Mustang Mania is in full effect with the new redesign, and it should be the car has the classic looks that gave it the reputation it has today.
Old 10/4/05, 03:20 PM
Closet American

As I said before, once the hype dies down, I expect prices will come back down to earth. Again, I think dealerships are overestimating demand for this car over the long haul. Seen the price of gas lately?
Old 10/4/05, 03:54 PM
Cobra Member

Yep and after all those hurricanes destroying the offshore oil rigs... it's only going higher.
Old 10/4/05, 04:16 PM
Bullitt Member

If I were the winning bidder I would hold them to the picture of that twin-screw supercharger!
Old 10/4/05, 05:45 PM
FR500 Member

the '05 mustang, the GT, and now this. if people want it bad enough - they'll pay outrageous markups if need be (a fool and his money... and all that). you just gotta accept this kind of crap that comes along with a new car that's been hyped up. in the case of the new 'stang and the GT - they do live up to the hype. i'd expect no less of the Shelby. what makes me laugh is i hear ford is trying to put its foot down concerning this situation by asking dealers to curb their greed - who're they kidding?
it is possible to build up your mustang to match or exceed the performance, but it is not, nor will it ever be a Shelby - you pay for the name and all the history/heritage behind it. there, i said it. someone here paid $286k for the first Ford GT in the state(HI). as far as i know, the other 2 have not been sold yet. i doubt gas prices are a factor in the purchase of these vehicles. let those willing to pay, do so (and take a loss) if they decide to sell when the frenzy dies off - that's when the "common(sense) man" can finally get these cars.
Old 10/4/05, 09:04 PM

Originally posted by rlhjr34@October 3, 2005, 1:49 PM
Don't know if this has been posted or not yet. But Guess we can put the kabosh on any ideas of these being remotely available for Sticker! They've actually given a bid of 15,000 over MSRP already with 4 days to go! YIKES! :scratch: :nono:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-FORD-M...1QQcmdZViewItem
It's coming up as an invalid item now... :nono: "Bad dealer, sit!" :nono:
Jennifer
Old 10/4/05, 09:48 PM
Closet American

Originally posted by NCMustangMan@October 4, 2005, 12:23 PM
Seems to me you could take a stock 2006 Mustang GT and do every performance and appearance mod on earth to it and wind up with the same HP and for less in total cost than the $50K+ it is going to take to get one of the 7,500 Shelbys. This is the kind of car Jay Leno is going to add to his collection. Good luck to the comman man who is trying to get on the waiting list.
'Cept for three problems:

1) You won't get forged internals or a car where every component has been tuned to work with every other component
2) You'll instantly void your warranty
3) Any semblence of resale value your GT might have had will plummet into the ground

So you better be a good mechanic and plan to keep the car for a long, long time if you're going to go that route.
Old 10/5/05, 08:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by BC_Shelby@October 4, 2005, 5:23 PM
As I said before, once the hype dies down, I expect prices will come back down to earth. Again, I think dealerships are overestimating demand for this car over the long haul. Seen the price of gas lately?
In regards to the rising price of gasoline, any person willing to pay $15,000 or more over MSRP for this Shelby or any limited vehicle is not going to flinch over $5 a gallon for gasoline guys. He will actually be glad there are less public vehicles and patrols vehicles on the roads. Its the people purchasing average cars and trucks that will back off buying them.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Amen!
Old 10/5/05, 10:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

auction was pulled
Old 10/6/05, 02:14 AM
Closet American

Originally posted by 94tbird@October 5, 2005, 9:06 PM
auction was pulled
Gee, what a surprise.

I wonder if it had anything to do with that one guy who bid about 15 times against himself to drive up the price artificially?

Serves them right for trying to rip off the public.
Old 10/6/05, 11:45 AM
FR500 Member

ill wait till 09 when they come home from leases....either that or im gonna put a procharger in my GT
Old 10/6/05, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I started out wanting one of these, BUT---------after reading all this stuff and talking to the dealers and knowing the past history of Ford promising this and delivering that(decontented big time). I decided I don't need the aggrevation associated with the whole process so-------------I went out and got a ZO6 and I am very happy with it. The cars got it goin on and does everything you'd want from a car. So my wait is over. Hope you guys get what you want!
Old 10/6/05, 05:04 PM
Closet American

Originally posted by jwenger@October 6, 2005, 11:48 AM
I started out wanting one of these, BUT---------after reading all this stuff and talking to the dealers and knowing the past history of Ford promising this and delivering that(decontented big time). I decided I don't need the aggrevation associated with the whole process so-------------I went out and got a ZO6 and I am very happy with it. The cars got it goin on and does everything you'd want from a car. So my wait is over. Hope you guys get what you want!
A NEW Z06...?

Pictures, pictures...we wanna see pictures!
Old 10/6/05, 05:33 PM
FR500 Member

:shock: ZO6! you can get them already? i hope people at Ford are checking out sites like this... i wonder how many more people considering the mustang gt or Shelby may decide to jump ship if this kind of silliness continues? so much for performance value. i too, would like to see pics - burnouts or rice burning pics would be nice.
Old 10/6/05, 06:16 PM
Cobra Member

I follow Corvette Z06 forums pretty closely. Not many have been delivered as of yet, but some have. It could be possible that this person purchased a Z06, but my radar says doubt it. The cheapest over MSRP I've seen has been $12,000. That means you would've paid over $80,000 for the car. So, I'm gonna say pictures before I belive...
Old 10/7/05, 12:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think he was referring to the last Z06, the 2005 model. From what I heard, the car really isn't out as of yet. I know the local Chevy dealer (who is MASSIVE) doesn't have one yet. Maybe this guy can add some pics for us. If it is a 2006, I REALLY want to see it.

Quick Reply: Order Shelby GT500 HERE!