2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

An open letter to Mr. Angry Mustang driver in Lewisville Texas…

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/08, 10:18 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm on my forth Mustang and sometimes when I wave at other Mustangs they look at me going "HUH" who's that.

Then, there's the guys that pull up next to you a say "do a burnout". And there's traffic everywhere.
Or they want to race you and your waiting at the light in the middle of downtown. Police station just around the corner.
Old 7/7/08, 11:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

the attention never grows old. whether I'm driving or I'm parked its just a great feeling to get the thumbs up, girls smiling at you, ricers pissed at you, cops coming up to you askin about the car, never grows old.

just a couple months ago I had my mustang at the firehouse and a little kid and his dad pulled into the parking lot of the firehouse and asked if his son could take pictures of my car for his picture collection and for his mini-school project on "cars". I said sure! the kid must have took about 30 pics with his disposable camera. I let him sit in it, turn the steering wheel side to side, hell I even let the kid push the "push start" to fire up the engine, boy was he excited. later on during that week, they both came back and showed me the collage/mini project he made for his 4th grade class and I was speechless. He used about 10 pics of the car all over this project. i chuckled on a few of the words he tried to spell which was cute "fored" when he meant ford. I wanted to keep it, but he loved the the car and the collage so much, I let him have it.

trust me, 3 years, i can keep goin with the attention.
Old 7/7/08, 12:24 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Sounds like another Ford Mustang fan for live you've just made. Great story!

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 7/7/08 at 03:51 PM.
Old 7/7/08, 01:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've gotten waves or thombs up from owners of Mustangs,vettes and so on and I always give a wave back or a thumbs up. As said before if he didn't wave ,then he is truely not a mustang fanatic or fan. just a pozer.
Old 7/7/08, 02:52 PM
GTR Member

The only time I get any wave is when I ride my motorcycle. The punks on the crotch rockets never wave though. I get a ton of people staring at my stang but only teens and young kids say anything
Old 7/7/08, 03:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't really get much attention. I have only had one person come up to me and talk about the car.
Old 7/7/08, 06:05 PM
Cobra Member

It's really cool when people will talk to you about the car. I love the attention It's nice when people wave, give a thumbs up or comment about it.

My recent favorite memory included some kids with their dads coming out of a local restaurant. As they where coming out I was starting up the car. The grins where endless and I could hear them talk about the car. I never do this, but for this occasion, I decided to give them a little rev It was really cool driving away, hearing the sounds of kids cheering.

For some reason I too never get waves from 4.0's or girls with mustangs They never even glance over I always try to give recognition - any car that I find cool for that matter
Old 7/7/08, 06:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

If I have eye contact with another Mustang Driver, I'll wave or give em a Thumbs up.
Usually I'm too busy worrying about the intentions of the Vehicles around me that I don't recognize
a Mustang til it's passing me (That would be coming toward me, very few Pass me ).

I'm sure there are excellent Driver everywhere, I just don't seem to encounter Many.
So I concentrate on keeping all my Fenders wrinkle free.
Old 7/8/08, 06:45 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin
Maybe I will get a vette. At least all vette drivers wave to each other
Not all Vette owners wave at each other. In addition to my two Mustangs, I have a 1977 Corvette that I've owned since 1986. In my experiences over the years, it seems that the owners of the newest Corvettes don't return the wave. When I'm driving mine and a newer 'vette comes along I don't bother waving anymore, unless on the rare occasion they wave first. It's like the ones with the newer 'vettes are either rich snobs or were just never into or are unaware of the significance & history of the 'Corvette Wave'.
Old 7/8/08, 09:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I give the peace wave to other Mustang owners I see. Some wave back, some don't. I think sometimes its not for lack of appreciation of the Mustang and its heritage but rather they are too pre-occupied with their cell phones, pdas, mp3 players etc.

The TIGHTEST automotive community I have ever encountered with respect to waving is the Wrangler community. When I had my Wrangler, LITERALLY, every Wrangler waved, and there are a lot of Wranglers out there. Young, old, male, female, didn't matter.. they all waved. I'm still to this day amazed by it, not one didn't wave!
Old 7/9/08, 11:04 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Some people who own a Mustang just have it as their "car" to get to work in, with no thought of it being a Mustang, or the past history, or they got the newest model as it was the "It Car" for the mid-decade, but don't really care about the "following" the car has. When they see you wave/thumbs up, and don't wave back, or even acknowledge a wave, or thumbs up, then they aren't "Mustang" people, and sadly, don't get it!
I wave to everyone I see, but we happen to have a few of those people around here, and I ticks me off that these people have such nice cars, keep them like crap and dont care about them at all, and the StangMahn is Stangless
Old 7/9/08, 01:16 PM
GT Member

A day or two after I got my stang a fellow Windveil blue mustang flashed his lights at me from across a stoplight, followed by a wave as we drove by, ever since I've tried to flash or cruise with or wave to fellow mustangs on the road, its disappointing though, most people here dont see or return the wave, many more dont take care of their car, more still are douschrockets who talk much bigger than their britches are, but my faith is restored every event I go to, where those of us who love our cars get together, the Mustang crowd that makes our car more than just another set of wheels

the harley community is the most friendly I've seen though, we all do the wave, and like someone else said, its only a few of the ricer punks that dont return it

reactions to the car? I got ALOT of looks in St louis and the drive up there, ALOT, one couple took some pictures, people downtown I could here saying "now thats a nice stang" some kid just yelled "mustang" all excited, made me feel great

what I didnt like was the crackhead pull up to me and ask me if I wanted to race his broke tin can of a caddy, then the other people that assumed I was rich, bad attention in a bad part of town
Old 7/9/08, 08:08 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Originally Posted by jdslow300
A day or two after I got my stang a fellow Windveil blue mustang flashed his lights at me from across a stoplight, followed by a wave as we drove by, ever since I've tried to flash or cruise with or wave to fellow mustangs on the road, its disappointing though, most people here dont see or return the wave, many more dont take care of their car, more still are douschrockets who talk much bigger than their britches are, but my faith is restored every event I go to, where those of us who love our cars get together, the Mustang crowd that makes our car more than just another set of wheels

the harley community is the most friendly I've seen though, we all do the wave, and like someone else said, its only a few of the ricer punks that dont return it

reactions to the car? I got ALOT of looks in St louis and the drive up there, ALOT, one couple took some pictures, people downtown I could here saying "now thats a nice stang" some kid just yelled "mustang" all excited, made me feel great

what I didnt like was the crackhead pull up to me and ask me if I wanted to race his broke tin can of a caddy, then the other people that assumed I was rich, bad attention in a bad part of town
Some people just don't appreciate what the Mustang experience is really all about, nor are they familiar with the car's status as an American icon. As for myself personally, I've been proud to own every single Mustang, in which I've had the privilege of owning.

Heck even as a youngster back in the mid 60's. I would always wave to somebody that drove by in a Mustang, and still do to this very day.

IMHO it's like a special connection, in which all Mustang enthusiasts are proud to share with one another
Old 7/9/08, 09:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Some people just don't appreciate what the Mustang experience is really all about, nor are they familiar with the car's status as an American icon. As for myself personally, I've been proud to own every single Mustang, in which I've had the privilege of owning.

Heck even as a youngster back in the mid 60's. I would always wave to somebody that drove by in a Mustang, and still do to this very day.

IMHO it's like a special connection, in which all Mustang enthusiasts are proud to share with one another
So very true Rocky. Its a great community and I have made so many friends for life now, all thanks to my Mustang!!!
Old 7/9/08, 09:30 PM

From one Mustang enthusiast to another, I couldn't have said it any better myself, Jeff
Old 7/9/08, 09:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
From one Mustang enthusiast to another, I couldn't have said it any better myself, Jeff
Thanks buddy.
Old 7/9/08, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Thanks buddy.
You've got it, my friend
Old 7/9/08, 09:37 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by blackhat
I

The TIGHTEST automotive community I have ever encountered with respect to waving is the Wrangler community. When I had my Wrangler, LITERALLY, every Wrangler waved, and there are a lot of Wranglers out there. Young, old, male, female, didn't matter.. they all waved. I'm still to this day amazed by it, not one didn't wave!
Yes, Jeep Wrangler owners, CJ, YJ, TJ, all great people w/ mutual respect for one another. My wife's got a Liberty Renegade (flat hood, Wrangler style), and when I'm in that w/ the sunroof and back window open I catch myself forgetting which vehicle I'm in and I'll wave at an oncoming Jeep and they still wave back.
If you want people to 'wave', then get a Jeep or a Harley. If you want people to wave w/ one finger, then go slow in the left lane.
Old 7/9/08, 09:44 PM
V6 Member

Description of the bad guy's car please!

Noticed someone else in this thread lives in Flower Mound... me too.

Last edited by Okiewan; 12/12/14 at 09:43 AM.
Old 7/10/08, 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Was it me? I was cruising. The I-35 on Saturady the 5th. Heading out to Winstar, or maybe the return trip.
I have the shaker, and hey i wave and look at all the stangs. I had a guy in a 4.6 Edge gas up behind me at the Loves in Denton, complimenting my ride, but it was me talking about his and he wanting a supercharger. Some people just dont get it. If you love your car,What else matters. Sorry for all the Jerks that just dont get it!

Quick Reply: An open letter to Mr. Angry Mustang driver in Lewisville Texas…