2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

An open letter to Mr. Angry Mustang driver in Lewisville Texas…

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/08, 07:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
An open letter to Mr. Angry Mustang driver in Lewisville Texas…

Was there something that bothered you about my car? Did I miss something about yours? Whatever was it that led you to think you were going to “blow my doors off” with your 70 something year old mother in your car? Was it the shaker hood scoop? Was it your being 20 years my senior (I’m 35, not some kid).

I’m thinking you might have thought I was a sixxer posing as a GT, and that angered you for some reason. Had you known anything at all about Mustangs then it would be obvious that I’m driving a de-badged GT. My car happens to have a tune and intake just like yours does, you’re obviously not packing a supercharger or turbo and are certainly not going to “blow my doors off” had I entertained your offer.

Anyway, next time you decide to follow/snarl/be nasty to someone, please save it for a ricer. And what were you thinking trying to drag in a residential area? In fact, why don’t you please trade in that Mustang and go buy a Corvette, maybe your mother will finally be impressed.

Tim

Last edited by tdbrown75; 7/5/08 at 08:41 PM.
Old 7/5/08, 07:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't understand this. Is the person the letter is intended for a member of this site?

Last edited by GRAYPNY; 7/5/08 at 08:33 PM.
Old 7/5/08, 07:28 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think he is just taking a chance he might be on here....
Old 7/5/08, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just venting fellas, and if he happens to see it all the better.

Tim
Old 7/5/08, 07:46 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
I confess.
Old 7/5/08, 07:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL... after all... it's just a vette ;-)

-danny
Old 7/5/08, 11:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
LOL... after all... it's just a vette
What vette?

Anyway, the Mustang community has its fair share of social degenerates, too. When you wave at a passing Mustang driver and they look at you like yer waving from a Prius. I'd chuck something at them if I could do it without risk of hitting the 'Stang. Poor thing's got enough problems just having an idiot for an owner.
Old 7/6/08, 07:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Arrow
What vette?

Anyway, the Mustang community has its fair share of social degenerates, too. When you wave at a passing Mustang driver and they look at you like yer waving from a Prius. I'd chuck something at them if I could do it without risk of hitting the 'Stang. Poor thing's got enough problems just having an idiot for an owner.
Some people who own a Mustang just have it as their "car" to get to work in, with no thought of it being a Mustang, or the past history, or they got the newest model as it was the "It Car" for the mid-decade, but don't really care about the "following" the car has. When they see you wave/thumbs up, and don't wave back, or even acknowledge a wave, or thumbs up, then they aren't "Mustang" people, and sadly, don't get it!
Old 7/6/08, 07:25 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Some people who own a Mustang just have it as their "car" to get to work in, with no thought of it being a Mustang, or the past history, or they got the newest model as it was the "It Car" for the mid-decade, but don't really care about the "following" the car has. When they see you wave/thumbs up, and don't wave back, or even acknowledge a wave, or thumbs up, then they aren't "Mustang" people, and sadly, don't get it!
Well stated Jeff, very true and to the point! Tim we have our share of idiots in Edmonton, Alberta. Also it seems no jurisdiction is spared.

Last edited by poldrv; 7/6/08 at 07:27 AM.
Old 7/6/08, 07:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I am very shocked and pleased to find a serious sense of comradery among Mustang owners here in Kuwait. Here stangers of all nationalities will honk, rev, salute, or give a thumbs up whenever they pass. Makes you appreciate the Mustang and what it stands for even more, its global! Lets go galactic.
Old 7/6/08, 11:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by zaghloul
I am very shocked and pleased to find a serious sense of comradery among Mustang owners here in Kuwait. Here stangers of all nationalities will honk, rev, salute, or give a thumbs up whenever they pass. Makes you appreciate the Mustang and what it stands for even more, its global! Lets go galactic.
Thats awesome...some folks here forget to have fun driving a Stang. When you take fun out of the equation your life becomes more lonely.
Last nights cruize-in up in Golden,Colorado brought out some of nicest V-6 Pony's I had ever seen.There were many Stang owners there having a great time.
Old 7/6/08, 12:45 PM

This is my third red Mustang. I had a red 65 289, manual coupe in the 60's and early 70's. After a series of other cars in the late 70's I got a red 66 289, manual coupe which I sold while in Germany in the mid 80's. I got a good price for it. Now I have a 2007 Shelby GT500 which I love and enjoy a lot. See my avatar

Yep! Mustangs are great and yes I wave back.

Last edited by GT500matchbox; 7/6/08 at 12:54 PM. Reason: it didn't work
Old 7/6/08, 11:07 PM
V6 Member

I think I've seen this guy (the guy with the shaker). I live in Flower Mound.
Was it Grabber?
Old 7/6/08, 11:12 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm usually in a Windstar ,and I wave or give a thumbs up to the 'stangs... lol
Old 7/7/08, 01:20 AM

Here in Ontario l wave to or give the thumbs up to every Mustang l see but have yet to get a wave back
Old 7/7/08, 06:08 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally Posted by The Ziggys
Here in Ontario l wave to or give the thumbs up to every Mustang l see but have yet to get a wave back
About 50% of them wave back to me. I have stopped waving to any ladies that are driving as they are the ones that never wave back. Same goes to guys driving V6 (incl Pony package) and Bullitt's. They never wave. Oh well, life goes on. Maybe I will get a vette. At least all vette drivers wave to each other
Old 7/7/08, 06:13 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin
About 50% of them wave back to me. I have stopped waving to any ladies that are driving as they are the ones that never wave back. Same goes to guys driving V6 (incl Pony package) and Bullitt's. They never wave. Oh well, life goes on. Maybe I will get a vette. At least all vette drivers wave to each other

I wave and acknowledge all mustangs but seldom get an response. Those that wave back have the mustang fever...for the rest that do not the mustang they drive is just another car.
Old 7/7/08, 07:08 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by The Ziggys

That is just the way society in general is. Kids for some time now have been raised with no social manners or respect instilled into them. Unfortunately, it has become so bad that now I don't wave to strangers in other cars unless waved at first.
Old 7/7/08, 08:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

I was heading down to a new auto museum that opened up in Philadelphia with a bunch of my fellow Mustang owners from Bad Mustangs Club. We had 6 cars in tow and while on I-95 N, we got thumbs up from dozens of people. I got one from a family in a SWEET E46 M3 Vert! That was cool, and as always, I gave them one back!

Its totally amazing, that after 2 1/2 years of owning this car, and I still get waves, thumbs up and people talking pictures of my car with their camera phone. And these are people NOT driving a Mustang! I tell you, the attention never gets old!
Old 7/7/08, 09:25 AM

Totally agree with the attention these cars get. It just gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside when someone thinks your car is SO cool they want a picture of it

Quick Reply: An open letter to Mr. Angry Mustang driver in Lewisville Texas…