2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One piece driveshaft: Which one do I buy???

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/16, 02:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by wileycoyote05
Also...watch this video! It saved my behind in the whole process.

And protip! Bag and label all your parts as you remove them. Nothing worse than looking for the little clip for the hydraulic line and Not being able to find it.
NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!

Wiley, you are a lifesaver!!!!

LOL when I first loaded the page and saw the cherry picker I was ...

Your clutch was definitely toast. I'm going to keep you on short call when I tackle mine!! Exedy just arrived today! Need to wrap up my alternator/radio repair and then this is next!

Of course... now that I see your new driveshaft, the wheels are turning... (pun intended!) Hmmmmm...
Old 9/22/16, 07:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
But once installed ... you were giving praise, right?

Best Regards,

TJ
I'm pleased with the steeda mounts. I wish I didn't have to cover them with the ugly old mushroom covers from the OEM mounts though. It's a shame to cover up such a good looking product. I'm glad it came pregreased. I put antisieze on the hardware but that wasn't in the installation procedures. However I feared the possibility of snapping off one of the bolts should I ever want to Remove the engine. As far as performance, Unfortunately they did not mitigate the steering shaft clearance issue with the BBK shorties, however this is BBKs fault, not Steeda. There seems to be a very minute increase in NVH but the overall performance is dually noted. Great products. I'm interested to see how well they hold up past the break in period. Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
tj@steeda (9/23/16)
Old 9/23/16, 08:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
I'm pleased with the steeda mounts. I wish I didn't have to cover them with the ugly old mushroom covers from the OEM mounts though. It's a shame to cover up such a good looking product. I'm glad it came pregreased. I put antisieze on the hardware but that wasn't in the installation procedures. However I feared the possibility of snapping off one of the bolts should I ever want to Remove the engine. As far as performance, Unfortunately they did not mitigate the steering shaft clearance issue with the BBK shorties, however this is BBKs fault, not Steeda. There seems to be a very minute increase in NVH but the overall performance is dually noted. Great products. I'm interested to see how well they hold up past the break in period. Thanks!
Thank you for the feedback!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 11/2/16, 06:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
FWIW, Ford Performance now offers a 10-14 1 pc aluminum drive shaft that is 100% bolt-in. Reasonably priced @ under $700
3-1/2" diameter, which is actually better for lowered cars.
Old 12/28/16, 09:21 PM
GT Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
I just had a one piece aluminum shaft from Driveshaft Shop installed. The Butt Dyno likes it, smoother, less clunky, and noticeably freer revving. It's good to get that stupid, heavy two piece monster outta there.
Old 1/3/17, 06:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,496 Likes on 1,020 Posts
Jack, are you from Wichitaw? (not sure how to spell that . . . )
Old 1/3/17, 08:30 PM
GT Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Bert,
Me, Wichita?.....If I told ya I'd have to k--- ya
Old 1/4/17, 01:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,496 Likes on 1,020 Posts
keep on rollin', my ol' buddy . . .

Last edited by Bert; 1/4/17 at 01:43 PM.
Old 1/5/17, 11:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Anybody have any experience, good bad or indifferent, with carbon fiber driveshafts? I'm looking for ways to lighten my car, and that seems like a relatively easy, if expensive, way to knock a few pounds off.
Old 1/5/17, 11:58 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarge
Anybody have any experience, good bad or indifferent, with carbon fiber driveshafts? I'm looking for ways to lighten my car, and that seems like a relatively easy, if expensive, way to knock a few pounds off.

I have over 17K miles on a CF unit from the Driveshaft Shop. No complaints so far. I installed it at the same time I added the supercharger.
Sarge (1/7/17)
Old 1/13/17, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VERY nice info.,WileyCoyote.... and the driveshaft looks hefty enough,even for a manual shift. don-ohio (:^)

Last edited by don-ohio; 1/13/17 at 01:38 PM.
Old 1/14/17, 09:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Sarge (1/14/17)
Old 12/23/17, 11:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Wiley, it's time! Shaftmasters AL Driveshaft ordered, clutch/throwout/pilot here, transmission jack standing by, 1/2" universal impact sockets ready, car on jackstands, getting ready to take the plunge.

Any other words of wisdom? Should I also get motor mounts? You have inspired me!