2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Once again, street racing turns tragic....

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/07, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Once again, street racing turns tragic....

I was at work last night when they annouced a Lvl1 trama. Now, that's serious business right there. I only heard bits and pieces of what happened cause everything was so chaotic. I was working in the OR and we get a call a 17yr old girl is coming right up who's been ejected from a car. They brought her right up and in to the room and started working on her, like STAT. My shift ended and they were still working on her.....

I'm still up at around 5 this morning, and it made the overnight news. That same girl...dead at 1am...

A mustang (w/ Nitrious btw) and an accord were racing behind this long stretch of road behind a home depot. Most back roads around here get used like that, you can tell by the burnouts. The mustang veered off the road and accord (which she was in) spilt in 1/2.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...fic&id=5505192

Its a shame, another reason to take it to the ******* track.
Old 7/24/07, 11:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by cmplxlgc

Its a shame, another reason to take it to the ******* track.
You can get killed just as easily at the track if you don't know what you are doing. (like these ppl)
Old 7/24/07, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
You can get killed just as easily at the track if you don't know what you are doing. (like these ppl)

That's not my point. - At least a track is controlled environment not some back road that's seldom used (fortunatly last night) - Com'on, these cars were each PACKED (4 and 3) with kids, each driver had lives in their hands on a 35mph road.

Crashes at a track? Yeah, they happen....but there wasn't a reason for this....this was avoidable...
Old 7/24/07, 11:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
well they don't have cars full of unbelted screaming kids at the track, nor underage passengers.
Old 7/24/07, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

I’m glad no innocent bystanders were hurt, then it would be a real tragedy. It might sound kind of cruel, but this is Darwinian natural selection at work.
Old 7/24/07, 11:38 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by zaghloul
I’m glad no innocent bystanders were hurt, then it would be a real tragedy. It might sound kind of cruel, but this is Darwinian natural selection at work.

unfortunately, natural selection took the wrong one. It should have been the drivers of both cars if you ask me. hopefully they lose a LOT of sleep over it.
I'm just as guilty as the next person of street racing... but I never did it with a car full of people. People could say I had it coming if I killed myself... but when you do something like that, and someone else pays for your stupidity.... it ain't right.
Old 7/24/07, 12:52 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Thats just a shame. I have been tempted in the past, but then I always remind myself of these incidents. I mean, yeah, you can crash at the track too, but its less likely, there's no debris to cut a tire, there's safety walls, an standing by ambulance crew and safety members. Besides, you can actally measure your performance at a track. Granted hindsight is 20/20, but I wish more of these stories hit the air. Kids need to realize that street racing is incredibly dangerous.
Old 7/24/07, 12:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 123 Likes on 90 Posts
I'll street race (without lighting the tires) - right up to the speed limit.
Old 7/24/07, 12:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Very sad to see young people messed up after an accident. Sorry about the loss of life for the young girl too.
Old 7/24/07, 01:19 PM
V6 Member

Very Sad indeed. Unfortunate she was an Innocent bystander. Stuck in the rear of the car not able to control the situation. Only the driver could at that time. We will never know if the passengers encouraged it or not.

Makes me think and compare all those young girl's you see on the back of thpse Crotch rocket's with their boyfriend's. I've seen enough accident's and alway's wonder how nut's they are to be back there.
Old 7/24/07, 01:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My son is 20, and my daughter is 18... I can't imagine if either one of them were the one thrown from the car. Yes, they were careless and shouldn't have been doing this on a public street, but remember folks, there are parents and family members who no longer have that young girl in their lives!

Sensativity goes a long way!
-danny
Old 7/24/07, 03:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I got to reading the article and now realise she was not the driver. I guess she is an innocent bystander. A real shame Apologies for the insensitivity...
Old 7/24/07, 03:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at the track, your more likely to only kill yourself,

in public, innocent people can die for no reason
Old 7/24/07, 03:06 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
drag racing with people in the car.
Old 7/24/07, 03:10 PM

here with us in holland we don.t have luckely not these streetraces, it can go wrong,what a waste.
Old 7/24/07, 03:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

It's a horrible incident with needless waste of life.
Just strengthens my argument that children should never be given cars with that kind of power (and nitrous none the less ) at that age.

Recipe for disaster.
Old 7/24/07, 05:09 PM
Cobra Member

What if it wasn't a street race, what if they were just being stupid and chasing each other in their cars. Thats what seems more likely in this case, winding roads don't make very good drag races.

Either way, it's too bad these kids didn't have better sense.

I think atleast some of the reason kids are winding up dead in cars is alot of schools (or all, who knows) don't even offer drivers ed. anymore. When I was in high school I couldn't wait to get into drivers ed. and get my liscense. By the end of that class, after seeing the gruesome car wreck movies and having highway patrol guest speakers, I didn't want to drive at all! I had respect for vehicles and safety was my top priority. Hell my dad had to tell me to step it up when driving his truck, he told me I was driving like an old granny and to give 'er some gas.
Old 7/24/07, 06:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 69erlemonshaker
here with us in holland we don.t have luckely not these streetraces, it can go wrong,what a waste.

Welcome to the boards Mark. It may take me afew times to read your posts in order to figure out exactly what you are saying but that's just because I'm a stupid American that only speaks one language!

Any automobile death is sad regardless of the circumstances IMO~
Old 7/24/07, 06:59 PM

Saw this on the news earlier, THAT Wreck was a STANG??!?!?

All the more reason to "have your kicks" in the proper arenas/strips.
Old 7/24/07, 07:05 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Those kicks are often posted and glorified on these very boards.

Quick Reply: Once again, street racing turns tragic....