2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

O5 Owners with Anti-theft

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/04, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was wondering what you get with this alarm.

Is it the same ol' ford remote you get with regular keyless entry.

What does it sound like and what are the options in the alarm?
Old 11/9/04, 12:03 PM

I believe the anti-theft is mainly the computer programmed keys. To be honest, I'm not too sure about an audible alarm-like an aftermarket. No, the alarm doesn't sound when there is a gust of wind or when you get within 5 feet of the car.
Old 11/9/04, 12:12 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It also includes an interior motion sensor.
Old 11/9/04, 12:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

I have the specs on the system from the product information book, to give you an idea what it comes with. The Anti-theft package has several different alarm sensors. The first is a separate, remotely located alarm sounder, in conjunction with the traffic horn. This makes it harder to disable the system. The second part is an "Anti-tow" feature. The inclination sensor records the angle of inclination when the alarm is set. So if the car is raised above the set level, the alarm will sound. If it raised by a tow truck, trying to steal it, the alarm sensor will sense a change in inclination, and go off.
The next sensor is an "Ultrasonic Interior Motion Sensor". This will detect any motion in the passenger cabin. If an intrusion is sensed, the alerm will sound. The best example is "smash and grab". The normal perimeter anti-theft is also on this system. When the system is armed, and a window is left down, if someone reaches in to open the door from the inside the alarm will sound. This also comes with a 60-amp hour battery, for the ability to sound the alarm longer. Plus you get the really trick remote roll down of the window, and roll up window using the key in the door. TVstang, I hope this helps you out some. Just wanted to give a helping hand.
Old 11/9/04, 09:55 PM
Cobra R Member

By the way your dog will set it off if you lock it with them inside. Been there done that. LOL
Old 11/9/04, 10:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@November 9, 2004, 11:58 PM
By the way your dog will set it off if you lock it with them inside. Been there done that. LOL
If you lock the car with the key in the door key cylinder, then the interior motion sensor alarm and incline sensor are disabled.
Old 11/10/04, 12:14 AM

any pics of the remote?

What does it look like
Old 11/10/04, 06:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05fordgt@November 9, 2004, 1:36 PM
I have the specs on the system from the product information book, to give you an idea what it comes with. The Anti-theft package has several different alarm sensors. The first is a separate, remotely located alarm sounder, in conjunction with the traffic horn. This makes it harder to disable the system. The second part is an "Anti-tow" feature. The inclination sensor records the angle of inclination when the alarm is set. So if the car is raised above the set level, the alarm will sound. If it raised by a tow truck, trying to steal it, the alarm sensor will sense a change in inclination, and go off.
The next sensor is an "Ultrasonic Interior Motion Sensor". This will detect any motion in the passenger cabin. If an intrusion is sensed, the alerm will sound. The best example is "smash and grab". The normal perimeter anti-theft is also on this system. When the system is armed, and a window is left down, if someone reaches in to open the door from the inside the alarm will sound. This also comes with a 60-amp hour battery, for the ability to sound the alarm longer. Plus you get the really trick remote roll down of the window, and roll up window using the key in the door. TVstang, I hope this helps you out some. Just wanted to give a helping hand.
just curious, as to what's the point of an "anti-tow" feature? to annoy the tow truck driver so he gets pissed off and is rougher with your car?
Old 11/10/04, 06:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TVstang@November 10, 2004, 1:17 AM
any pics of the remote?

What does it look like
i believe it looks just like the standard remote
Old 11/10/04, 06:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey ace, the point to the "anti-tow" feature is to stop car thiefs who have acces to and use a tow truck to back up to your car and haul it away. Plus, as long as you are there waiting for the tow truck to arrive, it the car is "broken-down", and you don't have the system armed, the alarm won't sound. Also the remote looks just like any normal Ford 4 button remote.
Old 11/10/04, 07:58 AM

Originally posted by 05fordgt@November 9, 2004, 1:36 PM
That was my only fear, a tow thief. I feel somewhat better knowing this now. To be honest, if someone really wants to steal anything bad enough, they'll get it!
Old 11/10/04, 08:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

i meant if you are being towed cause you parked where you were not supposed to park
Old 11/10/04, 01:05 PM
GT Member

oops. maybe I should have left the alarm off my order!
Old 11/10/04, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by 05mustangbear@November 10, 2004, 2:08 PM

oops. maybe I should have left the alarm off my order!
Just don't arm the motion sensor and that won't be a problem.
Old 11/10/04, 01:08 PM
FR500 Member

thanks thats some really cool stuff. i will definitely go with this. anyone know how much it lowers insuracne??
Old 11/10/04, 01:10 PM

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@November 10, 2004, 2:11 PM
thanks thats some really cool stuff. i will definitely go with this. anyone know how much it lowers insuracne??
That depends on your insurance company and how much your premium is to start with, typically the discount is a percentage of your premium.