Old 2/26/05, 06:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your input James, and welcome to the forum
Old 2/26/05, 07:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Samurai@February 26, 2005, 1:02 AM
...Also I have never wrote window tint or front plate tickets, seems petty in our city...
It is petty in ANY city, IMO, unless the plate or tint is used as an excuse to pull over someone you suspect of something more serious.

Since I used to be a police dispatcher, I will add to the list of reasons:

7) A cop can more quickly identify a car or truck backed into a parking space. This comes in handy when searching shopping malls, apartment complexes, etc. for a suspect vehicle.

Since CA is in such dire straits financially, I think Arnold should repeal the front plate law here. The environmentalists should be on board with this, too. Saves natural resources, state $$$ and improves the look of my new GT (when it gets here)!
Old 2/26/05, 03:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 2005muzzy@February 23, 2005, 10:03 PM
Do you think this gagit would be too bulky if ya bolt it to the car. I would think you would need one of these that retracts forwards then flips up, since the opening on the bottom of the stang is too small

this is a good question if they would or could give you a ticket for using this product. i am not to sure but heck you never know. it might not be a big deal depending on the cop and or the judge you try to fight the ticket with. but i guess time will only tell . i know from a few friends of mine that have hooked up trucks that have got a ticket for the plate being at angles instead of being straight.
Old 2/28/05, 03:27 PM

Well, I read this post a few weeks ago and I have been reading the updates. I live in Westchester Co. NY (about 1 hr above the city) and I just got pulled over this morning by a State Trooper for not having a front license plate on my car. i just had it repainted a few months ago and besides the screws being completely eaten away, I have just been lazy to add the plate to my car. I have been following the thread b/c when I get the GT Vert within the year, I do not want a front plate. Oh well...Looks like I need to get that automatic bracket the pulls the plate in and out when the car is on discussed in another thread!!

BTW, the trooper was cool and let me off telling me to just attach the bracket when I could... The car was repainted in Nov.
Old 2/28/05, 03:31 PM
Cobra Member

Just a thought....am I the only one that thinks it would be worth it just to chance it and pay the $25-$50 fine whenever you happen to get one to keep from drilling holes in the front of the car. You gotta think you probably won't get more than one every 2 months on average, so that is like $150-$300 per year. Not much to keep from defacing a beautiful car.
Old 2/28/05, 03:33 PM
GT Member

I don't think anyone ever found the one in the video. Several others were discovered, but they all just pull it back to a 90 degree angle, not retracting down and in.

http://www.watsons-streetworks.com/license_plate.html

http://www.srbymichael.com/products/access...cessories.shtml

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm/pa...license%20plate

If anyone knows where to find or how to make the retracting kind, post!
Old 2/28/05, 03:35 PM
GT Member

oh no, I'm with you Tim - If I can't find or make the retracting kind, and if the other ones don't work well on the 05, I'll just go without - no cop can make me drill into my baby!
Old 2/28/05, 03:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Cthulhu@February 28, 2005, 4:38 PM
oh no, I'm with you Tim - If I can't find or make the retracting kind, and if the other ones don't work well on the 05, I'll just go without - no cop can make me drill into my baby!
Nice thing about living in KCMO is that since there are so many Johnson and Wyandotte County drivers, cops are not immediately alerted to give you a ticket when they don't see a front license plate. I bet they barely pay attention. I have a friend in Brookside that refuses to put a front plate on his Mercedes. Hasn't gotten a ticket yet in 2 years.
Old 2/28/05, 03:45 PM
GT Member

My town car's plate fell off spring of 2003 (I'm not the best driver) I still haven't replaced the stupid thing, and haven't gotten one ticket. not one. been stopped maybe 5 times since it happened, too. god bless Kansas - their gun laws and drinking laws make me glad i'm a missourian, but their plate laws are right on!

Edit: the cops around here never care about illegal tints either - at least not mine or any of my friends' - guess they have "real" crime for them to bother with
Old 2/28/05, 03:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Cthulhu@February 28, 2005, 4:48 PM
their gun laws and drinking laws make me glad i'm a missourian
A-freakin'-men........sometimes I wish I was a Missourian just for those two reasons. (oh yeah....and the recent capital punishment law too)
Old 2/28/05, 03:54 PM
GT Member

The concealed carry law here is great - my 23rd b-day present to myself will be a beretta and a permit, (carjackers, beware!) and theres a drive-through liquor store 10 minutes from me in nearby Belton (it's almost a good idea...). If we had a 24-hour pizza place, I'd never leave the state!
Old 2/28/05, 04:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Cthulhu@February 28, 2005, 4:57 PM
The concealed carry law here is great - my 23rd b-day present to myself will be a beretta and a permit, (carjackers, beware!) and theres a drive-through liquor store 10 minutes from me in nearby Belton (it's almost a good idea...). If we had a 24-hour pizza place, I'd never leave the state!
haha.....my graduation present last May from my father was a Colt 1911 .45 caliber pistol. Unfortunately, there will be no carrying it for me, at least until we get stupid Kathleen Sebelius out of office.
Old 2/28/05, 04:05 PM
GT Member

nice. out of my price range for now tho. Maybe I'll see you around the BulletHole in a year - I'll be the guy in the MG GT that no one'll get closer than 2 feet to!
Old 2/28/05, 04:15 PM

I agree the retractable one is awesome....

Someone please post if anyone finds it!!!!
Old 2/28/05, 04:19 PM
GT Member

the last post in the original thread said it was no longer being made
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...l=license+plate
what we need is some engineering type who could tell us how to make one- eggheads! get crackin'!
Old 2/28/05, 11:47 PM

6. If I am heading to a crime and the suspect is leaving in a vehicle and we have a full or partial plate I am more likely to be passing him/her as she is heading the opposite direction, as they leave the scene. I use the front plate for ID'ing stolen cars too...especially at stop lights when we are head to head.
Thanks for the warm welcome...here was the result of me being stopped head to head and ID'ing a car that just hit/skipped an off-duty deputy and hit/skipped a female driver on her way home. A short pursuit (my first pursuit) and the suspect tried to take a 90 degree left turn at about 55 mph just after it started sprinkling. He was drunk too.

[attachmentid=13274]

(If you look close you can see his baseball hat stuck in the windshield.)

[attachmentid=13275]
Old 2/28/05, 11:51 PM
GT Member

hope he died...stupid ... drunk drivers are the stupidest, most dangerous thing in this country - is there anything out there that kills more innocent bystanders? and James, allow me to also welcome you to TMS - we've got a few other resident cops around, but I haven't seen any post footage yet (cool, in a I hope he got messed up without hurting those other ppl sort of way)
Old 3/1/05, 02:55 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. To answer your comments, no he did not die. Nor was he hurt badly. He ended up with 11 charges against him (3 felonies and 180 days in jail, if I remember correctly. He got felony assault on a police officer when he kicked me in the chest as we were loading him in the police van. I held him at gunpoint until backup arrived, which wasn't too long since I was the start of shift and a few units were at the convienent store getting fountain drinks when we passed them during the pursuit, and then he was yanked out the drivers window because he refused to get out (pretty dumb with 4 or 5 cops there).

Once again thanks for the welcome,

James
Old 3/1/05, 05:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Samurai@March 1, 2005, 3:58 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. To answer your comments, no he did not die. Nor was he hurt badly. He ended up with 11 charges against him (3 felonies and 180 days in jail, if I remember correctly. He got felony assault on a police officer when he kicked me in the chest as we were loading him in the police van. I held him at gunpoint until backup arrived, which wasn't too long since I was the start of shift and a few units were at the convienent store getting fountain drinks when we passed them during the pursuit, and then he was yanked out the drivers window because he refused to get out (pretty dumb with 4 or 5 cops there).

Once again thanks for the welcome,

James

Nothing like a little excitement to make your shift pass quickly