2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now I'm really a wannabe Mustang owner

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/06, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I'm really a wannabe Mustang owner

Drove past a local Ford dealer and saw in person finally an Alloy GT. Sweet! This one was loaded up with stuff like heated seats 18" wheels and Sirus radio, so sticker was already 30K+, so that one is off of my list, but I think I really will be looking to get one now after seeing that color. I'm thinking Alloy Premium GT/IUP/auto and that's it, then put some of the GT500 wheels on it afterwards, and that thing will look awesome! I get X plan through my work so that should pare down the price some fairly easy. Anyway, this would-be Mustang owner is checking in here, cant wait until some more dealers get some more 07's for a better selection and I should be pulling the trigger soon.
Old 7/22/06, 10:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Drop the auto trans and add the leather seat upgrade. Driving a GT with a stick is so much more fun and the leather seats look awesome.
Old 7/23/06, 02:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Ditto , leather seats and manual transmission. I always thought I would never want leather seats, too hot, they crack with age. Mine dont seam to be all that hot, A/C takes care of that, and no sigins of cracks with leather conditioner yet on my 05.
My son asked me to teach him how to drive stick so I let him learn a bit behind the wheel on my Mustang. Afterwards he asked me why I would want a stick? I told him in most cars I wouldnt unless you want to be more involved in the driving proccess. Driving my 05 GT is so much fun. the stick just lets me have more!!!
Old 7/23/06, 06:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4
Drove past a local Ford dealer and saw in person finally an Alloy GT. Sweet! This one was loaded up with stuff like heated seats 18" wheels and Sirus radio, so sticker was already 30K+, so that one is off of my list, but I think I really will be looking to get one now after seeing that color. I'm thinking Alloy Premium GT/IUP/auto and that's it, then put some of the GT500 wheels on it afterwards, and that thing will look awesome! I get X plan through my work so that should pare down the price some fairly easy. Anyway, this would-be Mustang owner is checking in here, cant wait until some more dealers get some more 07's for a better selection and I should be pulling the trigger soon.
Why wait till more shows up on the lot, if you know what you want, order that now.
Old 7/23/06, 07:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1200custom
Drop the auto trans and add the leather seat upgrade. Driving a GT with a stick is so much more fun and the leather seats look awesome.
Don't listen to these manual snobs. Get the auto.
Old 7/23/06, 07:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
Don't listen to these manual snobs. Get the auto.
LOL- I do like the auto. It shifts very smooth and quiet. A little nudge on the gas gets a quick downshift the engine roars to life and look, going 70! I would be to tempted to chirp the tires with a manual.
Old 7/23/06, 07:59 AM

Yep, will be doing leather with the premium version, and getting an auto as well.

While we're talking automatics, anyone notice some heavy torque management with the Ford auto tranny in shifts? If there is, can you program it away? Reason I ask is with my Monte SS with the 5.3L V-8 combined with the generic V-6 tranny GM uses there is some obnoxious torque management that is very noticable. I programmed away enough of that to cure it while not letting the tranny slip in shifts, but still, seems kinda hoaky. Does Ford do something like this with the Mustang to keep it alive?
Old 7/23/06, 07:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

The cloth seats are great!
Old 7/23/06, 09:57 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MustangDan
The cloth seats are great!
But stain easily.........
Old 7/23/06, 10:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Sideways, You can't go wrong with an auto. Just get a good tune. If you had a passenger and they had their eyes closed while you were driving, they would think they were riding in a manual because of the quick shifts. I have Lidio's tune and love it, and from what I hear the Bamachips tune is great too. I got an auto because my wife didn't want a stick. I thought I was gonna be disappointed, but quite the opposite was true. These are unlike any auto I've ever had experience with.