2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Now I'll never forget my anniversary...

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/05, 12:50 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got a call from my dealership today saying my car has been built and he gave me my VIN number. He said, "if you have a VIN, that means your car has been built". After the initial excitement wore down, I thought it didn't really add up. I've been doing my homework on this site and I knew I needed a build date. So I called Ford customer service... very helpful once you have your VIN. I found out that my car is scheduled for a build date of January 17th... my anniversary! My wife should be happy... now I will never forget that date!

Goes to show most sales people don't know the order process much better than those of us on this site (thanks to people like Karpro). Also seems to show that IUP orders are still getting scheduled for January.
Old 1/7/05, 12:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats!!

Wow I ordered the same day as you so I wonder if I'll hear something. What dealership did you go to?
Old 1/7/05, 12:53 PM
Cobra Member

Hey buys did you check out this site yet??? www.perfectionperformance.com .... Let me know if I can be off assistance.

Roger
Old 1/7/05, 02:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Stangfriik@January 7, 2005, 1:54 PM
Congrats!!

Wow I ordered the same day as you so I wonder if I'll hear something. What dealership did you go to?
I ordered from Autoway Ford in Brooksville. I couldn't find anything below MSRP in Orlando. I wanted to order from Courtesy in Sanford since I have bought two cars from them before and had a good experience... but they said "no way" and didn't want to talk when I told them I wanted to deal over invoice. (on a side note, they had an awesome yellow Ford GT on the showroom floor when I was there) Anyways, my family has bought many cars from the dealership in Brooksville since I was a little kid. For long time customers, they were willing to deal over invoice prices, so I made the two hour trek over. Funny thing is that they are both Courtesy dealerships. One could deal and the other couldn't. Hmmmm....

Allocation may have something to do with mine getting pulled. I was the first Mustang order at Autoway... and only they second order for any car they made in 2004. They almost only deal off the lot or trade with other dealerships.

What's encouraging for your order too is the fact they are apparently still scheduling IUP orders for this month. I was sure I was going to be a February build.

Will check you guys out when my car comes in! B)