2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Not-So-Evil Lady says Locked for Production

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/05, 08:47 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by jwede@April 3, 2005, 8:06 PM
Oddly enough..I have no idea what I will be paying. The dealer and I haven't even talked money. I figure I'll get it around invoice.
This here is a recipe for disaster. Prepare to assume the position. :nono: How could you not get a sales agreement? Fat chance on invoice!!
Old 4/3/05, 08:56 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Click on the link in my sig. I read a LOT of other guys dates and mine follows pretty close except mine never said "your vehicle is produced" like some others did.
Your new "future" date of 4/8 is probably your build date.

Someone else asked about having the "locked in" part dropped. It Probably means you've been bucked.
Old 4/3/05, 08:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Dustin...

Yeah, well, the owner of the dealership is a very good friend of my father-in-law and he does a tremendous bisuness through them. There IS a reason why I stuck with this dealer. It will be all good!!!
Old 4/3/05, 09:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

My buddy's car: scheduled for week of April 4th
Mine: now scheduled for week of April 11th.

Who really knows?
Old 4/3/05, 09:20 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by dustindu4+April 3, 2005, 8:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ April 3, 2005, 8:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jwede@April 3, 2005, 8:06 PM
Oddly enough..I have no idea what I will be paying. The dealer and I haven't even talked money. I figure I'll get it around invoice.
This here is a recipe for disaster. Prepare to assume the position. :nono: How could you not get a sales agreement? Fat chance on invoice!!
[/b][/quote]

I think we're allowed to say "assume the position,"
but "bucked?"...
that could be Ford's way of saying "don't drop the soap!"

Juz kiddin ... but as soon as I get mine I'm checkin the exhaust note/volume.
If it doesn't rock it soon will!! :headbang:
Old 4/3/05, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by StangNut@April 3, 2005, 9:59 PM

I don't completely believe that, some people have said that their cars were built before their "As of" date.
Old 4/4/05, 07:41 PM

anybody call yet?
Old 4/4/05, 08:09 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by StangNut@April 3, 2005, 8:59 PM
Click on the link in my sig. I read a LOT of other guys dates and mine follows pretty close except mine never said "your vehicle is produced" like some others did.

Someone else asked about having the "locked in" part dropped. It Probably means you've been bucked.
Yo Dustin... ERL still saying "locked" with B/W of 4/4, but Stangnet may be right. I called my dealer today (has no clue I call auto-babe) and he said that I've been "pulled for production to be built on 4/8" and to give him a call after 4/8. It's hard for me to say if he's being honest with me or trying to make sure a mad customer doesn't come in saying "you said Tuesday... blah, blah, blah."

Either way I have no reason to doubt my dealer at this time, he's just not as easy (or fun) to call as that evil gal.

We'll see... just glad to see status changes. I know my experience is no comparison to some, but was C/U for 2-3 months, the SERIALIZED for over 3 weeks, I'll just get used to that "locked-in" feeling for now!
Old 4/4/05, 08:16 PM
GT Member

Sorry I typo'd StangNUT (not net!)
Old 4/4/05, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by dustindu4+April 3, 2005, 9:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ April 3, 2005, 9:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-StangNut@April 3, 2005, 9:59 PM

I don't completely believe that, some people have said that their cars were built before their "As of" date.
[/b][/quote]
All the ones I saw, that were detailed enough to tell, worked the same way mine did.
Old 4/4/05, 08:21 PM
GT Member

Cool, thanks for the info StangNut!!
Old 4/4/05, 09:20 PM

eeek she doesn't say locked in for production anymore. I think I read this happening to other people though.
Old 4/5/05, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

I no longer get "locked in" either. Maybe thats because they are IN production!!!! Woo Hoo!
Old 4/5/05, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by jwede@April 3, 2005, 10:01 PM
Hey Dustin...

Yeah, well, the owner of the dealership is a very good friend of my father-in-law and he does a tremendous bisuness through them. There IS a reason why I stuck with this dealer. It will be all good!!!
Hope it works out for you - what's stoping them from selling you the car at fair market value? 2K over MSRP.
I would NEVER trust a car dealer - they will sell a GT 5K over to their mother!
Old 4/5/05, 09:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by KBONSIG+April 5, 2005, 9:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBONSIG @ April 5, 2005, 9:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jwede@April 3, 2005, 10:01 PM
Hey Dustin...

Hope it works out for you - what's stoping them from selling you the car at fair market value? 2K over MSRP.
I would NEVER trust a car dealer - they will sell a GT 5K over to their mother!
[/b][/quote]
Whats stopping them? The knowledge that they would loose the business of my wifes entire extended family. I'm not sure if you are from a small town but things work a tad differently then in the larger cities.
Old 4/5/05, 09:48 AM

There's four kinds of people in this world I don't trust

Lawyers, Democrats, Journalists, and CAR SALESMEN!!!
Old 4/5/05, 09:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Whats stopping them? The knowledge that they would loose the business of my wifes entire extended family. I'm not sure if you are from a small town but things work a tad differently then in the larger cities.
[/quote]

Unless being 15min from NYC is small, I'd say I live in the biggest (and Best) psrt of the country! Hey, I hope it works out for you and I hope you get BETTER then Invoice. But you just can't trust dealerships at all. They are in the business to make money like everyone else.

They could have a fair point and drop fair market value on you. MSRP or higher. I'd go down to the dealership and find out what the price is ASAP - this is just something you must have a up front contract on with them.

I got x-plan and I STILL wanted the final price in writing.
Old 4/5/05, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by KBONSIG@April 5, 2005, 10:01 AM

They could have a fair point and drop fair market value on you. MSRP or higher. I'd go down to the dealership and find out what the price is ASAP - this is just something you must have a up front contract on with them.

I got x-plan and I STILL wanted the final price in writing.
If they do, I walk. I'll pay MSRP if they ask but I refuse to pay over MSRP. They told my wife (yes, she ordered the car - for my 30th B-Day) when she ordered that it would be under MSRP and I have never had any reason to doubt them. My Father-in-law leases a new vehicle with them every year (alternates between the Limited Expedition and the F-350 lariat Power Stroke crew cab every other year) so I doubt they would risk that business relationship on 3 or 4K one-time profit.

There are honest people out there, and a couple might actually be car salesman. I'm interested in what the final cost will be but I'm not worried about it. If they were truly worried about the profit on this one unit, they wouldn't have given up their one vert allocation to get my coupe. They are good people.....hopefully
Old 4/5/05, 10:27 AM
Bullitt Member

If they do, I walk. I'll pay MSRP if they ask but I refuse to pay over MSRP. They told my wife (yes, she ordered the car - for my 30th B-Day) when she ordered that it would be under MSRP and I have never had any reason to doubt them. My Father-in-law leases a new vehicle with them every year (alternates between the Limited Expedition and the F-350 lariat Power Stroke crew cab every other year) so I doubt they would risk that business relationship on 3 or 4K one-time profit.

There are honest people out there, and a couple might actually be car salesman. I'm interested in what the final cost will be but I'm not worried about it. If they were truly worried about the profit on this one unit, they wouldn't have given up their one vert allocation to get my coupe. They are good people.....hopefully
[/quote]

Cool - Hey I'm getting this as a 30th B-day present too! My wife didn't order the car..... but she didn't stop me

It sounds like it will all work out for you - I just hate dealerships. I would not be surprised if I don't get a 05' and end up with a 06' MY. At least you got pulled and will have it for the summer.
Old 4/5/05, 11:00 AM

Originally posted by dustindu4@April 4, 2005, 9:23 PM
eeek she doesn't say locked in for production anymore. I think I read this happening to other people though.
uuhhh. Yes. Read some of the post above yours.

Quick Reply: Not-So-Evil Lady says Locked for Production