2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Not a 'fishy' story like some have suggested

Search this Thread

Old 11/18/04, 05:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 66Satellite@November 18, 2004, 5:50 PM
I've been following the development of the new Mustang on various boards for the last two years and have noticed that whenever a knowledgeable new user posts new information or something somewhat out of the ordinary they get attacked by a bunch of idiots who otherwise spend most of their time discussing pricing and stupid aftermarket crap. I guess this is somewhat true of message boards in general but it seems especially bad on Mustang boards.
???I assume you are talking about some of us that gave him a hard time when he first posted. We were doubting him because he was bashing Ford, not because of any new information. We made our peace with him. I don't see how that makes us idiots. But, thanks for trying to form an opinion.
Old 11/18/04, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by crazyhorse+November 18, 2004, 6:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazyhorse @ November 18, 2004, 6:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-66Satellite@November 18, 2004, 5:50 PM
I've been following the development of the new Mustang on various boards for the last two years and have noticed that whenever a knowledgeable new user posts new information or something somewhat out of the ordinary they get attacked by a bunch of idiots who otherwise spend most of their time discussing pricing and stupid aftermarket crap. I guess this is somewhat true of message boards in general but it seems especially bad on Mustang boards.
???I assume you are talking about some of us that gave him a hard time when he first posted. We were doubting him because he was bashing Ford, not because of any new information. We made our peace with him. I don't see how that makes us idiots. But, thanks for trying to form an opinion. [/b][/quote]
Exactly. New knowledgeable guy comes on and says something negative and people freak out, even if they don't know what they're talking about.
Old 11/19/04, 05:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse+November 18, 2004, 3:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazyhorse @ November 18, 2004, 3:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2MustangJohn@November 18, 2004, 4:16 PM
Hey Mike, Not a flame job, but my wife does find your bubble very humorous!!! Its sad that you got stuck with these problems, I thought that they had resolved the rearend issues but.....I guess not. For your info, Visteon builds the rearend and they somehow didn't remember to add the friction modifier to the diff oil. They actually came into our factory and added it a few weeks ago and I thought that was it, done. Guess not. As part of the AAI team, I really feel like I need to apologize to you, but as I am just a line worker, please realize that I don't have the ability to change anything, even things that affect myself at work.
It's great to hear that you feel somewhat personally responsible for the car. If all line workers feel that way, it will be a good car. [/b][/quote]
Are you saying then that the problem has been rectified? Or that there are cars out there that still have this problem with the whine, etc.? Are you also saying there is a quick fix for anyone whose car is noisy?

Thanks
Old 11/19/04, 07:08 AM
Cobra Member

I not sure how missing friction modifier will cause the gear whine. I thought it was just for the clutch packs in the limited slip. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 11/19/04, 07:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey Retro, you might want to check out some of the new battery tenders. They have some electronic circuitry that keeps a float on the battery so its not contantly charging. Deltran makes a good one I've been using for about two years and really like.