2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Not a 'fishy' story like some have suggested

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/04, 05:29 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you that thought my problems with my 05 GT were a 'little fishy', here is a link to a picture of my car sitting in its car capsule.

Yes, I will drive this car on special occasions, but for now it's stored away for the Winter (Wisconsin Winters stink!) The car will be given to my Son when he turns 16 and he too will only drive it on special occasions. Like I said, we plan on keeping the car in the family forever, or until I die and whoever has it cuts it up into a racecar.

And please, don't try to tell me about the mechanics of this car or any car for that matter. I have worked on everything from exotics to econo-boxes. I know the difference between a normal and abnormal noise. If the trans chatter and diff whine are normal inherint noises... Ford should be ashamed. I expect the noises from my 69, not from a new 05.

For all the people who chose to take pot-shots at me, I am new to this forum and was just looking to see if anyone else had these symptoms with their 05s'.

Don't be so judgemental !!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fixinchryslers/my_photos
Old 11/17/04, 05:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

I thought I had issues.
Just kidding.
Hey if that's what you want then more power to you.
Old 11/17/04, 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

I have both the trans chatter and differential whine, which is cause for concern, but the bubble thing is outright scary Joking aside, how serious do you think the problem is? I assumed this was SOP for a $30k
car?
Old 11/17/04, 05:53 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Mike...I like your idea of a next generation car...that's one of the main reasons I'm getting an 05 V6 because it reminds me so much of my Dads 67 v6 fastback and 70 302 fastback...great memories that come alive in the 05. Good luck with yours and best wishes...Rex
Old 11/17/04, 05:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

"HE'S A BOY....IN A BUBBLE....A BUBBLE BOY" - Jerry Seinfeld
Old 11/17/04, 06:06 PM
Cobra Member

Hey Mike, nice bubble! Seriously, I believe you. As I posted in your previous topic, I heard the exact same noise on the one I test drove. I'd take it in ASAP and let the dealership take care of these issues. I also find these types of problems unacceptable as they aren't normal, and will avoid any car that has them. I have another 05 on order and will refuse delivery if it has gear noise.
Old 11/17/04, 06:11 PM
GT Member

darn wish I had money to blow just to buy a car so it can sit there and never be enjoyed. What a waste of money. Why not just wait until summer if you are going to do that?
Old 11/17/04, 06:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by delt459@November 17, 2004, 7:14 PM
darn wish I had money to blow just to buy a car so it can sit there and never be enjoyed. What a waste of money. Why not just wait until summer if you are going to do that?
I don't 'blow' money. Like I said, the car has sentimental value to me. Actually it's a pretty sad story but I will not bore you with the details. I don't think it's a waste, I will drive it and so will my son. Just not very often.

As far as taking it back asap, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. First I think I'll let Ford figure out what the problem is (and they do have a problem), and decide from there. I'm probably going to fix it myself. I never let anybody work on my cars. Part pride, part knowledge, and part being OCD. :crazy:

Besides, it's a great excuse to change gears and upgrade to a 6-speed. :drive:
Old 11/17/04, 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey retro GT. I missed your first post on the noises. That stinks for that to happen on a new car. I'm picking up my GT in about 3 weeks and I was wondering if you would state again what these noises were coming from and when you heard them. I would like to take mine out for a listen before I put my name on the dotted line. Thanks, Hauss 1.
Old 11/17/04, 06:47 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by delt459@November 17, 2004, 7:14 PM
hey Travis...spend your money the way you want and don't worry about the rest of us....cars can be enjoyed in many ways..Sentifmental attachments are one of lifes great joys.....and besides....what a great car for Barrett Jackson to auction off in 30 years.....Rex
Old 11/17/04, 06:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I too plan on having an 05 forever, but still keep it a daily driver. Won't be hard the 1st 10-15 years
In 60 years from now yours may be the only stock factory one. Cool.
Old 11/17/04, 07:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by hauss1@November 17, 2004, 7:46 PM
Hey retro GT. I missed your first post on the noises. That stinks for that to happen on a new car. I'm picking up my GT in about 3 weeks and I was wondering if you would state again what these noises were coming from and when you heard them. I would like to take mine out for a listen before I put my name on the dotted line. Thanks, Hauss 1.
Hauss...

I have quite a bit of gear chatter on accel out of the transmission. It is very bad in second gear, but is there in all other gears as well.

Then there is a loud gear whine from the rear differential on decel. More noticeable when coming down from higher speeds, but it is always there.

Good luck with yours. I'm a little off with the issues I have, but it still is a very cool car.
Old 11/17/04, 07:08 PM

not a flame but how funny (in a sad way) would it be if when Retro GTs family plans to use this car in 60 years the worlds oil supplies and been stinked up and he can never use it
Old 11/17/04, 07:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HAHAHA Where can I get one of those Bubbles RetroGT???? Talk about a conversation piece!
Old 11/17/04, 07:28 PM
V6 Member

i thought the bubble is suppose to trap all the dust outside. Why not take the car cover off and be able to show off the car while it is not driven.
I know the more protection the better right., but man I would love to walk out in the gargare every day and see my baby.
thanks for the heads up I am picking my car up next week and will test drive it before I fork over the money.
Old 11/17/04, 07:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by BlackRiderX@November 17, 2004, 8:22 PM
HAHAHA Where can I get one of those Bubbles RetroGT???? Talk about a conversation piece!
Many businesses sell them... here's where I got mine from... very cool.

http://www.rumbleroadmotors.com/car_capsule.htm

or you can do a search on the net under 'car capsule'.
Old 11/17/04, 07:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's awesome! Thanks! My Mother always used to make fun of me for babying my cars and would say I should just buy a bubble for them already. I have to get one now.
Old 11/17/04, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

O yea, welcome to the board as well!
Old 11/17/04, 08:16 PM

To Retro GT:

I live in California, but it isn't the only state that produces lemons. There is a law about these lemons too - I'll bet your state has one. Your car may be a lemon from the Ford Grove - it sounds like there are enough '05 lemons coming from Ford to fill a very large crate.

Multiple lemons equals RECALL!

Maybe there is something to this "never purchase the first model year car" when there are dramatic makeovers like this one. But if you are like me, we are too antsy to wait around for year two, which we may not like as much anyway.

I would get your '05 into the dealer, and begin the process of documenting "reasonable" attempts to fix this problem. And if they can't, you are entitled to pick from another tree, hopefully one with no lemons.

Good luck dude!
Old 11/17/04, 08:32 PM

For me, this bubble idea seems alittle impractical. However, I'm not saying that this is true for you. Based on some of the reasons you have given, I applaud you for going to such lengths to preserve your car. If I had this car, and this was my only car, I would drive it everyday. If I had another car with this one, I would probably drive the first one more. I would think this car would have sentimental value to me and I would want to perserve it so I can enjoy it for as long as possible. In short, I think with your reasons that this bubble is a great idea. Good to see people truely take care of their cars.

Quick Reply: Not a 'fishy' story like some have suggested