2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

No trunk Release!

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/06, 09:15 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, not really a Ford issue, other than not having a Trunk Release IN THE CAR! BUT, the used 05 GT I took possession of has an aftermarket alarm system. Audiovox/Prestige APS99BT3BCF4 (off the remote). Everything works fine except the Trunk Release?! I figure the installer did not or was unable to sync the “opt” button to the Trunk Release. It is not earth shattering but it is a PITA to have to use the key every time I need access to the trunk. Kinda like having to change the channel on the TV manually, ugh! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? I took it to a Tint/Alarm place and they “do not install Audiovox/Prestige systems and can not help” me. I figured they were all basically the same but it appears NOT! So, my options as I can see them are:

1). Have a manual Trunk Release button installed, like next to the steering wheel or inside the glove box where it should be!

2). Find an Audiovox/Prestige dealer/installer and see if they can fix it.

3). Have a NEW system installed. Notice, not my first choice and not really even an option.

Any ideas????
Old 2/23/06, 10:56 AM

yes....u kind of guessed right....."I figure the installer did not or was unable to sync the “opt” button to the Trunk Release"
it sounds like he didnt install it at all....
u will need a relay for the alram, the wire does not have enough power to send to the truck.
so just get your self a relay and wire it in.

i beilive the wire color on the alarm is Dark Blue.
check out your install manual.

heres a quick help tip...
...TRUNK RELEASE:
White/violet In Black 50-pin plug on Pass. (wich is a negative trigger)
Located in the passenger side kickpanel held with 1 - 10mm screw.
look up how to install the relay.....i think this is how...not sure...

86- triger from alarm
87-ground
85-12v
87a - not used
30- to truck release switch
......good luck
Old 2/23/06, 02:44 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(71fastback @ February 23, 2006, 12:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
yes....u kind of guessed right....."I figure the installer did not or was unable to sync the “opt” button to the Trunk Release"
it sounds like he didnt install it at all....
u will need a relay for the alram, the wire does not have enough power to send to the truck.
so just get your self a relay and wire it in.

i beilive the wire color on the alarm is Dark Blue.
check out your install manual.

heres a quick help tip...
...TRUNK RELEASE:
White/violet In Black 50-pin plug on Pass. (wich is a negative trigger)
Located in the passenger side kickpanel held with 1 - 10mm screw.
look up how to install the relay.....i think this is how...not sure...

86- triger from alarm
87-ground
85-12v
87a - not used
30- to truck release switch
......good luck
[/b][/quote]

Shouldn't there already be a relay? It came with automatic doorlocks and I am assuming (I know, I know, never hiney-u-me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img] ) it had one of those square transponder remotes that all Fords have. Shouldn't I be able to tap into the existing relay? I suck at elictrical stuff, it's nothing for me to cut into a hood or pull a motor but when you start talking white/voilet, 50-pin, trigger, my eyes kinda get all glossed over and I turn into an idiot! like that time I met Cathy Ireland. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 03:40 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check how i did it in my sig
Old 2/23/06, 04:34 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ February 23, 2006, 5:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
check how i did it in my sig
[/b][/quote]

You ROCK! I will be trying it this weekend! I'm sick of reverting back to the stone age when ever I want to get into my trunk. Thanks [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 05:51 PM
GT Member

Especially when you accidently set your keys down in the trunk and shut it. Did I say I did something like that? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 05:53 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whitestang06 @ February 23, 2006, 7:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Especially when you accidently set your keys down in the trunk and shut it. Did I say I did something like that? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I almost did that! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] I stopped at the last minute