2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

No more rebates for 07 manual GT?

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/07, 05:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
No more rebates for 07 manual GT?

Is it just me or did anyone else see that Ford no longer lists rebates for the 07 GT with the manual trans?
Old 3/2/07, 06:13 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's what it looks like. That realy s*cks. Because I can pick up my Mustang GT today after it was re-ordered 6 weeks ago. Six weeks ago when my mis-ordered Mustang came Ford had a $1,000 rebate. And look what I will get now. Hopefully the dealer can offer me something nice to compensate me for this.
Old 3/2/07, 07:41 AM
Bullitt Member

that blows my car is supposed to be in next week. now that i just waited 7 weeks for it there is no rebate.
Old 3/2/07, 08:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
Is it just me or did anyone else see that Ford no longer lists rebates for the 07 GT with the manual trans?
I got one last week. I thought it ran through April 1.
Old 3/2/07, 08:12 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by davisinla
I got one last week. I thought it ran through April 1.
You're right. But there was also a note on it that they can cancel it before 4/1/07.
Old 3/2/07, 08:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am assuing your all looking on the Fordvehicles.com page. That page IS NOT CORRECT. I just ran a VINCENT last evening before I left work, and I just checked it again from home, to make sure, and the $1,000 rebate or the 4.9% is still listed. And I used the 5-speed GT I have in stock as the VIN to check. What happened is that site reverted back to a generic page, as some of the programs did end (lease deals on Explorer, Fusion). I'd give them a few days to get the correct programs back on the site.
Old 3/2/07, 09:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ah, so it's just a glitch in the Matrix?
Old 3/2/07, 09:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ah, so it's just a glitch in the Matrix?
That is what it looks like. I'll check it again when I get to work, but pretty much they rates and rebate are the same, and end 4/1.
Old 3/2/07, 04:24 PM

Unhappy

I saw the same thing last night. I looked at my dealer's page and it did not list a $1,000 cash back on Mustang GTs (only $645 for Autos). I then looked at FordPartner.com and it still listed the $1,000 cash back.

My car is on rail transport as we speak and I am hoping to take delivery next week. Missing the $1,000 cash back offer by a week would have been somewhat dissappointing to say the least.

Old 3/3/07, 06:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

It looks like no more rebates for the GT period. There's a 1000 rebate for the V6. I'm not sure if this is true, but it's possible Ford changed their minds after the February sales figures came out.
Old 3/3/07, 08:23 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

It looks like no more rebates for the GT period. There's a 1000 rebate for the V6. I'm not sure if this is true, but it's possible Ford changed their minds after the February sales figures came out.

See post #6 of this thread. The rebates are still there.
Old 3/3/07, 11:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
See post #6 of this thread. The rebates are still there.
As far as I can tell, fordvehicles.com, an authorized Ford Motor Company website, has not let me down in the past. Forddirect.com, also a trusted FMC website which lists the correct invoice (accounts for advertising fees) price, also does not list any rebates for the GT. Using my X-Plan login, no incentives are available for the 2007 Mustang GT (the rebates for the Focus do show up). So far I haven't seen anything that would indicate there is a current rebate for the 07 GT. Maybe there is a super secret squirrel rebate in the Vincentes login system?
Old 3/3/07, 11:47 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

You could just call a local dealer and ask.
I trust Jeff on this and I would be very surprised if they are no longer there.

If they are gone, then I would anticipate even better rebates on 2007s this summer so that they can clear out the lots for the 2008s (why pay the same for a 2007 when you can get a 2008 with 1 year less depreciation)
Old 3/3/07, 12:11 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

According to my local dealer the $1000 on the GT is still good until 02 April 07.
Old 3/3/07, 02:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

As far as I can tell, fordvehicles.com, an authorized Ford Motor Company website, has not let me down in the past. Forddirect.com, also a trusted FMC website which lists the correct invoice (accounts for advertising fees) price, also does not list any rebates for the GT. Using my X-Plan login, no incentives are available for the 2007 Mustang GT (the rebates for the Focus do show up). So far I haven't seen anything that would indicate there is a current rebate for the 07 GT. Maybe there is a super secret squirrel rebate in the Vincentes login system?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Forddirect.com is wrong! The rebate and the APR are still there till 4/2. Like I said, 3rd party sites like X-Plan partners sites don't get the most updated info right away. If you don't believe me, just call a Ford dealer, give them your ZIP Code, and they will tell you themselves.
Old 3/3/07, 04:31 PM

Cool

Jeff and AFBLUE,

Thanks for verifying that the $1,000 cash back is still intact. I was getting bummed out since I am supposed to take delivery of my car this week.

Anything can happen I understand...but I am looking forward to using the $1,000 to spend on mods/ins/etc.

I am going to assume that when I walk into the dealer this week that the same cash back offer is still valid...

...however, if they wanted to increase the cash back amount or offer 0% like they did on trucks a couple weeks ago - that would be just fine, too.
Old 3/3/07, 06:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I used the Ford Motor Company X-Plan login site (myplan.ford.com) and still do not see the rebate. I'm not using any wacky 3rd party sites like edmunds or MSN autos. I checked 3 Ford.com sources online and they did not list any rebates.

PS: I'm not too worried because I already got my GT
Old 3/3/07, 06:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally, I would believe a dealer's computer system over Ford's website. The dealers computer makes a mistake, it costs them big money. Website makes a mistake...well, that NEVER happens...
Old 3/3/07, 07:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I am assuing your all looking on the Fordvehicles.com page. That page IS NOT CORRECT. I just ran a VINCENT last evening before I left work, and I just checked it again from home, to make sure, and the $1,000 rebate or the 4.9% is still listed. And I used the 5-speed GT I have in stock as the VIN to check. What happened is that site reverted back to a generic page, as some of the programs did end (lease deals on Explorer, Fusion). I'd give them a few days to get the correct programs back on the site.
VINCENT is the last word.
Old 3/3/07, 08:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

It seems like Ford should get their act together and keep an eye on the rebate pages. Not everyone has access to VINCENT. My local dealership told me "no rebates for Manual 07 Mustang GTs" at the time. I pulled out the print outs I got from fordvehicles.com, forddirect.com, and the myplan.ford.com linked forddirect.com webpage with dealer inventory, X-Plan pricing, and updated incentives.

Quick Reply: No more rebates for 07 manual GT?