2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

No more $500 over invoice!

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/05, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krista - I can't believe they are trying to jerk you around like this!

Hopefully they will rethink this, and stick to their word - the salesman needs to go to bat for you!
Old 1/31/05, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Find the salesmanager and ask him for a minute of his time to sign an affidavid explaining the terms of the verbal agreement that was exchanged by the two of you on X date. Bring a copy of that to the owner of the dealership. Explain the agreement and give him the copy of the affidavid. If he fails to comply, then take it to court.

(Not a lawyer, not sure how difficult/expensive it would be to obtain the affidavid...all else fails, take it to Judge Judy. Even if you lose, you get $100 for being on the show.)
Old 1/31/05, 08:51 PM

Also, I can vouch that they were giving you 500 over invoice, since I referred you to them, and the salesman, who is still there, told me you were getting the same deal.

I just talked to him Saturday to make sure he was honoring my deal, which is in writing, and he said he was. He was talking about your car during the same conversation.

Remind them that in 8 months, they will be gladly selling these at 500 over invoice.

But I wouldn't give them a penny more than the 500 over - a deal is a deal!!!
Old 1/31/05, 10:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just made sure that I had the Ford Customer Service number handy when I went in. I had mine in writing, but I was nervous, so I was just prepared to say, OK, that's fine, I'll just call up Ford Customer Service right now and let them know how I was treated.

After I bought my car and I had to fill out a bunch of surveys for them, the salesman told me that if they got even 4 out of 5 on something it was a ding against them. From what I understand, customer service is tied to the allotment of cars the dealer will get in the future, so if he doesn't play nice, he doesn't get nice toys to sell.

Good luck!
Old 1/31/05, 10:13 PM
Bullitt Member

First threatening them with a law suit will get you no where. I know you are mad, but that simply will not work because they could sell the car to some one else and you would still have to wait for another one assuming that you won your case... ( It should come up in about a year ) All the Judge could do is make them order you a new one and force them to accept the +$500 over invoice agreement.

YOUR BEST BET IS TO CALL FORD....

They will have far more pull that any lawyer with the dealership...

If nothing else, a FORD rep might find you a GT thru another more reputable dealer.

I bought mine for MSPR at a local dealer here in Atlanta...

Sorry, but you really do have to get these things in writing....
Old 1/31/05, 11:40 PM
V6 Member

67, why don't you work with steve to make this worth 2 sales to them. Maybe steve would chime in on the problem...if he has the deal in writing, he's probably not at risk of actually losing the deal.