2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

No 05 for me

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/05, 08:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Draftin'@April 25, 2005, 5:10 PM
well, its unfortunate that ford does not build oredered vehicles first before filling quotas, they have lost alot of sales, but heck, they can afford it right, they are making money hand over fist, and trust me, i am a diehard FORD guy from a DIEHARD FORD FAMILY---oh well---this whole experience from order to, well wish i could say delivery but it has been unacceptable---i'll get an 05' G35 and get on the waiting list for a SHELBY at a dealership that can actually deliver more then just BS---and an automotive company that is not customer-centric
I wouldnt Blame Ford for not building preproduction orders...thats all on the dealer and if they got the order in correctly for their customers. Most Autodealerships leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 4/25/05, 08:48 PM
Bullitt Member

The general consensus is that dealership salespeople stink :notnice: , while the service staff at the same site is pretty good, even considerate. If you can get past the order/sale and keep your wits about you, it should be smooth sailing from then on out.

EK
Old 4/25/05, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by KBONSIG+April 25, 2005, 10:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBONSIG @ April 25, 2005, 10:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Grond the Hammer@April 25, 2005, 9:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mangler
@April 25, 2005, 8:02 PM
Sorry to hear that you won't be getting an 05. My dealer told me when I picked up my car that they were only allocated 2 more cars and were going to sell them for more than MSRP since everyone in Northern Jersey is doing it.

What dealership did you order from? I'm waiting in North Jersey too...Thursday will be about 10 weeks...

Verner-Cadby Ford, Fairfield NJ

Where did you order from?
[/b][/quote]

I hate our state. I haven't found a bunch of more snobby, selfish, pompous people than in NJ. If you want a couple suggestions for some good dealerships that will take care of you, KBONSIG, here are two names:

Nassau/Conover Ford-Lincoln-Mercury
Princeton, NJ Rt 206 08540
Ask for Bobby Gruel. I bought my '05 GT from them. Tell them Charlie from Six Flags sent you, they should take of you.

Capital City Ford
Lawerenceville, NJ Rt. 1
Ask for Walter. Didn't buy from them, but they seem like a good second choice.

Good luck, KBONSIG. PM me if you want more details or have any questions.
Old 4/25/05, 09:03 PM
FR500 Member

six flags....sorry its off topic but i love that place. i have a season pass and thats gonna be my 1st road trip with my car. where do u park urs man??
Old 4/26/05, 08:38 AM
V6 Member

This thread has wandered a bit, but given the title, I have to post my story (see my forum name). I promise this is the last time I'll bore everyone..... I'll only post again if I'm ready for the bananas to dance.

I started my quest for an 05 GT last December through a local guy with, as it turns out, almost no allocation for Mustangs. I got the call last February that I wasn't gonna get a Mustang from him (so I feel your pain) . Would have been nice to know it was a lost cause - I felt pretty stupid waiting for a car that wasn't coming.

Anyway - I went to 'The Largest Volume Ford Dealer in the Midwest' and ordered again in early March. They took X-plan and were just a few 100 dollars more than the 'no allocation' dealer. I'm being told that I'm 4th in line and that I will get an '05 before they stop making them (maybe early June, they tell me). I'm skeptical, but still hoping they come through. We'll see.

Brad
Old 4/26/05, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by No05ForMe@April 26, 2005, 9:41 AM
This thread has wandered a bit, but given the title, I have to post my story (see my forum name). I promise this is the last time I'll bore everyone..... I'll only post again if I'm ready for the bananas to dance.

I started my quest for an 05 GT last December through a local guy with, as it turns out, almost no allocation for Mustangs. I got the call last February that I wasn't gonna get a Mustang from him (so I feel your pain) . Would have been nice to know it was a lost cause - I felt pretty stupid waiting for a car that wasn't coming.

Anyway - I went to 'The Largest Volume Ford Dealer in the Midwest' and ordered again in early March. They took X-plan and were just a few 100 dollars more than the 'no allocation' dealer. I'm being told that I'm 4th in line and that I will get an '05 before they stop making them (maybe early June, they tell me). I'm skeptical, but still hoping they come through. We'll see.

Brad
I hear ya - I checked a few dealers and they too have no more allocations left. Even if they did I'm sure that I would not see the car until late July. At that point I should just wait for a 06.

To be honest, I thought this would happen to me. I ordered my 05 and said if it is still C/U by Mid May, I would just put a order in for a 06. Well, here I am - at least I will get the first 06 at my dealer, and they still have to honor my x-plan.

I'm going to have a talk with the sales manager this Friday to insure that.
Old 4/26/05, 09:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@April 25, 2005, 11:06 PM
six flags....sorry its off topic but i love that place. i have a season pass and thats gonna be my 1st road trip with my car. where do u park urs man??
Six Flags is a real sore topic for me. I was almost killed in a riot there on Halloween last year. I do stuntwork there seasonally for Fright Fest, although I won't be going back next year.

I went into more detail in this thread: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=22419

Anyway, i wouldn't park my '05 or any car worth more than 5k in SFGA's parking lot. If you bring a car like an '05 Mustang to SFGA, you might as well put a huge "PLEASE DEFACE/STEAL ME" sign on your car.

Luckily, since I do stuntwork, if I go back (and I won't) I'd get to park in corporate parking which is located in the park behind a coaster, behind a locked iron gate.
Old 4/26/05, 04:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Six Flags is $%&#ing poohole. I live in the same town as its in and all you get there are "undesirable" people from Philly and NYC.