Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/05, 09:18 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm new here...

I ordered on 9/21 - I have a dealer receipt and what appears to be an order confirmation with an order#, priority of 10, and what got ordered listed on it. Looks like a screen print from a really old computer.

What's a DORA? I've looked around but haven't seen it spelled out. I'm assuming it is a Delivery Order something something, which may or may not be the screen print I have...

From what I've been reading, I may never actually get this car?
Is there anything I can do besides quietly have a fit?
I've read about an 800#?
What does that do for me?
How do I get the dates listed in my sig?

Thanks, appreciate any info I can get!!
Old 10/8/05, 09:40 PM
V6 Member

Just PM'ed you the number, hope it will pass unfiltered.

DORA is official receipt acknowedgement between Ford an Dealer.
VOC is between you and Dealer: sounds like it is what you have.

If VOC has dealer code and order number on it, then that's all you need to check with ERL whether your order has been placed with Ford or not.
Old 10/9/05, 01:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
I dont think the dealer code is on the VOC, ask a salesmen for it if its not. And if he is stubborn to give just go out to the lot and look in the lower left hand corner of window sticker, and its listed there under Dealer No. 5 numbers with a letter, you drop the letter when using the 800#

Yes, seems the systems must be pretty old they use for printing the VOC and DORA, I thought the same thing myself.
Priority 10 is the best the dealer can give, depending on thier allocation and how many orders ahead of you is what determines when you might get your car.

also check PM
Old 10/9/05, 02:55 AM
Bullitt Member

DORA- dealer order receipt acknowledgment.
Make sure you request for it. That shows that Ford got your order and
confirms what you ordered! You don't want your car to be built incorrect!
It's always good to have.
Happy Trails!!!
Old 10/9/05, 04:38 AM
GT Member

Just sit back and enjoy the wait! You'll get your car. People seem to be getting their cars in 8-12 weeks. I ordered mine on 8/23, priority 10, and it'll hopefully be here the week of 10/23. That's 2 months, not bad.

After it's serialized you can get the VIN from your dealer. Once you have the VIN you can have Kzinti over at blue oval forums track it for you, he's great. That's where people are getting the dates in their signatures.

Good luck, you'll feel like a kid waiting for christmas..
Old 10/9/05, 04:47 AM
GT Member

BTW, my order confirmation has the dealer code on it, up in the top right corner under the date. But do ask for a copy of your DORA to make sure the order went in right, your dealer sould have got it a day or two after you placed the order. They were reluctant to give me mine (it shows invoice prices).
Old 10/9/05, 08:17 AM
GT Member

WOW - thanks for all the help everyone, between the replies and PMs I think I am setup for success.

First bit of news to report: I called EVL and after a very repetitious conversation she concluded I have a build date of the week of Oct 31st. I'm assuming she'll have more to say as it gets closer?
Old 10/9/05, 11:31 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Starminder@October 9, 2005, 10:20 AM
WOW - thanks for all the help everyone, between the replies and PMs I think I am setup for success.

First bit of news to report: I called EVL and after a very repetitious conversation she concluded I have a build date of the week of Oct 31st. I'm assuming she'll have more to say as it gets closer?
That's great. You didn't even have to hear the dreaded words "clean and unscheduled" from her. When it gets closer she'll give you a "locked in for production" date, but I'll warn you that automated thing seems to go a little nutty with weird dates when your build date gets close. I'm ignoring it and asking Kzinti for updates at this point. He can even get you a PDF of your window sticker after the "blend" date!

Now you have to buy all kinds of stuff for the car before you get it.
Old 10/9/05, 01:36 PM

I am also a newbie. I am looking for the ERL's phone number. I would appreciate any information about it. Thank You :bang:

I got the number. thanks for all the help.
should be made the week of 10/17
Old 10/9/05, 02:43 PM
GT Member

I'd also like her number, if it isn't too much trouble for someone to pass it my way.
Thanks!
Old 10/9/05, 03:32 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by NHstang@October 9, 2005, 1:34 PM
That's great. You didn't even have to hear the dreaded words "clean and unscheduled" from her. When it gets closer she'll give you a "locked in for production" date, but I'll warn you that automated thing seems to go a little nutty with weird dates when your build date gets close. I'm ignoring it and asking Kzinti for updates at this point. He can even get you a PDF of your window sticker after the "blend" date!

Now you have to buy all kinds of stuff for the car before you get it.
LOL no kidding - I have already accumulated a very long list of links and prices, but one thing at a time. My wife will divorce me if I start buying parts for a car I don't have
Old 10/9/05, 07:23 PM
GT Member

Go here for the ERL#:
http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19342

It's in the first post
Old 10/14/05, 07:22 AM
GT Member

Dang Evil Robot Lady...I called today hoping she had more to say, but the only news is that I am now scheduled for the week of Nov 7th :/
Old 10/14/05, 02:29 PM
GT Member

She hasn't much to say, that evil boring robot lady. She keeps changing her mind too. Women...
Old 10/19/05, 09:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts
BTW, once you know the routine, you don't have to wait for her to finish her spiel every time. You can just say your information right over top of her. ERL will stop talking and listen to your information. Speeds up the call.

And since she's a robot, no flashbacks to your Mom telling you not to interrupt people!
Old 10/21/05, 09:17 AM
GT Member

Odd - called today and the build date reverted back to week of Oct 31st - cool.