2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Is this the new Shelby?

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/05, 10:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ran across the Mustang FX website, :shock: Mustang FX
and it seems that they have quite a project going on. I read an article once on a Shelby "Tribute" Mustang, but had never heard anything since. This company seems to have the support of Ford and Shelby American, so are these "Real" Shelbys or not? Is this the "cooperation" we were told to expect from Ford and Carroll? Some prices seem high, like $58, 500 for a supercharged '05 Eleanor, and $50,250 for a S/C "Legend GT 500". Other prices seem too low, like $27,500 for a Stage II GT 350!! :shock: This includes Halibrand wheels, lowering springs, and painted on Le Mans stripes! For $27,500? And it includes the car? There are kits to build your own, and even kits for motorcycles, Crown Vics, and trucks, all certified (supposedly) by the Man himself! There are so many variations, I don't know how Ford could compete! Is this old news and a less than reputable business, or a dream come true? Why haven't I heard of this before?
Old 1/27/05, 10:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you mean that 05 V6 with the photochop sport package?
Old 1/27/05, 10:32 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

These are not the Shelby that has been reported to be built as a "Shelby Mustang" in 2007, this seems as though they are charging to have the car registered as a Shelby Tribute, this can be done to any car. In fact I saw a listing on ebay not too long ago for just this that you can do to the car you already own. It was only $500. When you do this it gets register in the Shelby registry as a Shelby Tribute and not a Shelby, theres a difference but its a cool thing to have if you want it, Shelby America requires that all the badging and decals be placed on the car in the correct places. This company seems to be charging to do this for you and you purchase the car from them, and then they have performance packages that go for the Stage 2 and GT500KR they are doing and the "Eloise" just uses the body kit that Cervinis is making.
Old 1/28/05, 06:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

TikiStang - No, not the photochopped V6. I realize that that is bogus, but like other companies offering goods for the '05, they had to resort to a chop to give the buyer an idea of what they were talking about. And, like other companies, photochopping isn't their primary skill.
rrobello - I can't tell from your post how you feel about what Mustang F/X is doing. I would agree that the sacred name of Shelby isn't something to be toyed around with, but Carroll himself is signing off on these cars. No, they don't measure up to the originals of the '60s, but nothing ever will. These are production cars, modified by someone other than Ford, but available at dealerships. So were the originals. Carroll himself isn't working on these cars, but he didn't actually work on the originals, either. The "kit" version is a cosmetic enhancement only, but the '69 Shelbys were mainly cosmetic modifications as well. They call these "Tribute" cars, because they are a tribute to the man and the original cars. That sounds nice! (although the caricature decal is pushing it) Shelby just turned 82, and if he wants to make a few bucks signing off on a limited number of cars, that's fine by me, and that makes them collectible, IMO. Once he's gone, anything that Ford or anybody else comes out with will technically be a "Tribute" car anyhow, because Carroll didn't sign the registry. I'm not criticizing anyone's opinion, whether they like the "Tribute" cars or not. It's a personal opinion. I am just curious why there is so little interest on these forums for a potentially uncommon and relatively inexpensive package for the new '05. I intend to research things more, but all in all it sounds kinda cool!
Old 1/28/05, 08:19 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by backafter20@January 27, 2005, 11:06 PM
I ran across the Mustang FX website, :shock: Mustang FX
and it seems that they have quite a project going on. I read an article once on a Shelby "Tribute" Mustang, but had never heard anything since. This company seems to have the support of Ford and Shelby American, so are these "Real" Shelbys or not? Is this the "cooperation" we were told to expect from Ford and Carroll? Some prices seem high, like $58, 500 for a supercharged '05 Eleanor, and $50,250 for a S/C "Legend GT 500". Other prices seem too low, like $27,500 for a Stage II GT 350!! :shock: This includes Halibrand wheels, lowering springs, and painted on Le Mans stripes! For $27,500? And it includes the car? There are kits to build your own, and even kits for motorcycles, Crown Vics, and trucks, all certified (supposedly) by the Man himself! There are so many variations, I don't know how Ford could compete! Is this old news and a less than reputable business, or a dream come true? Why haven't I heard of this before?

Yeah they do have quite a project.....

click on their 2005 Turn Key Tribute Shelby link then scroll all the way down and click the G at the very very bottom (scroll all the way down) of the page

I don't know bout these guys :nono:
Old 1/28/05, 08:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ne2000@January 29, 2005, 12:22 AM
click on their 2005 Turn Key Tribute Shelby link then scroll all the way down and click the G at the very very bottom (scroll all the way down) of the page

I don't know bout these guys :nono:

Ha haha that's hilarious, they must be legit

I don't think I would buy them but some probably will.
Old 1/28/05, 11:32 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by backafter20@January 28, 2005, 7:19 PM
TikiStang - No, not the photochopped V6. I realize that that is bogus, but like other companies offering goods for the '05, they had to resort to a chop to give the buyer an idea of what they were talking about. And, like other companies, photochopping isn't their primary skill.
rrobello - I can't tell from your post how you feel about what Mustang F/X is doing. I would agree that the sacred name of Shelby isn't something to be toyed around with, but Carroll himself is signing off on these cars. No, they don't measure up to the originals of the '60s, but nothing ever will. These are production cars, modified by someone other than Ford, but available at dealerships. So were the originals. Carroll himself isn't working on these cars, but he didn't actually work on the originals, either. The "kit" version is a cosmetic enhancement only, but the '69 Shelbys were mainly cosmetic modifications as well. They call these "Tribute" cars, because they are a tribute to the man and the original cars. That sounds nice! (although the caricature decal is pushing it) Shelby just turned 82, and if he wants to make a few bucks signing off on a limited number of cars, that's fine by me, and that makes them collectible, IMO. Once he's gone, anything that Ford or anybody else comes out with will technically be a "Tribute" car anyhow, because Carroll didn't sign the registry. I'm not criticizing anyone's opinion, whether they like the "Tribute" cars or not. It's a personal opinion. I am just curious why there is so little interest on these forums for a potentially uncommon and relatively inexpensive package for the new '05. I intend to research things more, but all in all it sounds kinda cool!
I have nothing against them or Shelby Tributes, I was just trying to point out that you can do it yourself directly through Shelby America to your own car that you bought from the dealer. You contact them they send you the info, decals and name plates. you place all of them on in the correct locations take pictures of it and send it back and they add you to the registry as a Shelby Tribute, kind of cool actually. WHat this company is selling is cars they are modifying aftermarket and then went and had them added to the registry before selling it and probably charging way more than it would cost to do it all on your own. Which is fair since they took the time to do it and the person buying it didnt.
Old 1/29/05, 09:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thrust - What made you think to click on the G? You're right, though. It makes you wonder about these guys. Making adult movies on the side makes me leery of doing business with them. Thanks.
rrobello - No kidding? You can get the same package in a kit directly from Shelby American? That would be much preferrable, but I can't find any info on this program at any Shelby American or SAAC site. Can you point me in the right direction?
Old 1/29/05, 11:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't know about this company a $300.00 and up stripe kit
Old 1/29/05, 01:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's stripe kit, fender badges, and under-hood, dash and trunk emblems for $550. And an extra $100 for Carroll Shelbys signature on a certificate with your car's picture on it. Yes, you can get a stripe kit cheaper, but the badges and emblems are kinda cool. Maybe it's not worth it, but they'll install it all for another $100. (That's cheap labor if you're in Talahassee.) I am bothered somewhat by the Girls advertisement stuck in the webpage. Adds a sleazy note to the whole thing. The whole idea would be much better if offered by Shelby American directly. If anyone knows about that opportunity, as mentioned by rrobello, please provide a link. Thanks for the opinions.
Old 1/31/05, 04:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have done a bit of checking up on Mustang F/X. Shelby American Lincensing does recongnize them as a legitimately licensed Shelby dealer. SAAC provides a couple of links from their website to Mustang F/X. Mustang Monthly magazine featured a black/gold (Hertz) 2000 Shelby Tribute Edition in their "40 Years of Mustang" special issue of last fall. So the company has a legitimate track record. I contacted Mr. Hawkins with a dozen or so questions, and he responded in a matter of hours with detailed answers to each and every question. He seems to take a considerable amount of pride in the products he sells. His answers generated a few more questions, which I have sent him, including a question about the "G" spot mentioned earlier.
On another note, I found out from Shelby American that the Tribute Edition decals, badges, and certification are only available through Mustang F/X, not directly from Shelby. Also, kind of a bummer, I don't think the Stage I kit for $550 includes the Le Mans stripes. Rocker stripes and extras only. Not as attractive as I first thought. I have asked for a price on the Stage II package (18" Halibrand wheels, lowering springs, exhaust, painted Le Mans stripes) if a car is supplied by the customer. Will post if I get more info.
Old 1/31/05, 05:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

they look like crap; so do the models :notnice:
Old 1/31/05, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

:barf:
Old 2/1/05, 05:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

I realize this topic has lost interest on the forums. I just wanted to clear up the issue of the "G" on the Mustang F/X website. His answer:

"I fired the guy that I had doing my Web Site and he planted those links. Now I do my own Web Site changes. Please let me know what page that hiden Link is on so I can get rid of it. I have looked hi and low for them all and thought I got them...... LOL. There were 25 of them. "
"Thanks for letting me know about the Link. I think I found the one you told me about. I also found another one. Hopefully that is all of them. He used my Phone Number on that site to and I still get calls, but not like I used to. It has been a huge pain with this guy but I have been working on getting things back in order.
David Hawkins
MUSTANG F/X, Inc. "

The website has been updated.