2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New 05 Mustang news "soon"

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/04, 08:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last time Ford started airing the 05 Stang GT on T.V.( early spring ), a ton of people started to flood the lots wanting to buy them.
I think they should start airing them now!!
Old 9/1/04, 08:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont get the big wait. It took too long to release, the information and advertising is getting into out-of-season time frame. They are trying as hard as possilble to NOT sell hybrids with poor production schedule/availability/advertising as well. WTF, do they want to sell cars or what?? If they put half the effort into it as Chevy does with its Aveo suzucky thing I'd be happy. What the heck is going on in dearborn. Run 500/Freestyle/Hybrid/Mustang ads NON STOP and MAKE THE darn CARS AVAILABLE. :bang:
Old 9/1/04, 08:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

I would personally FIRE every single person in Fords advertising department and start new. Ford ads stink. Just run EXCITING ads NOW wether the cars are available or not. Use the shelbys, the GT's the Mustangs, EVERYTHING. I would say Ford advertising hurts sales dramatically simply with the big turds they use to represent the company to the public. Ford needs to hire Scion's advertising agency NOW. Their ads have not only convinced lemmings that Scions are COOL(duh), but that they should pay over sticker and line up from them. 105hp bbx has a line waiting, Mustang, Freestyle, 500, Hybrid, nothing but the sound of crickets chirping.

I have caught several of the latest Ford ads and would have to say that they make me LESS interested in the product. They by far have the WORST advertising of any automaker. They have no clue on how to sell excitement. The Japanese and European(and Even GM and Dodge) totally kick Ford's hiney on telivision. Its rather pathetic. It is such a blatent oversite that they can not figure this out. The friggin Ionic Breeze commercial works better then any Ford ad.
Old 9/1/04, 09:10 AM
GT Member

My money is on an advertising rush after the Labor Day weekend. I'm tired of the 'register to win a new 2005 Mustang GT' commercial. I already did that, and I'm anticipating a call from Phil Mickelson in the months to come. (I forgot which month, because I would just have to sell the one I win)
Old 9/1/04, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

It seems they run lots of truck ads though!! That's where it seems they put most of their $$$ in advertising.
Old 9/1/04, 09:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by dallasw77@September 1, 2004, 10:14 AM
It seems they run lots of truck ads though!! That's where it seems they put most of their $$$ in advertising.
They could at least make a decent one. Its crapola. Look how horney people are for (kina-sorta-but-not-quite-but-who-cares-it-sound-cool) HEMI. The name all but disappeared for 20 years and now I hear that word at least 50 times a day. "Explorer is #1 selling suv".......BFD. Make a commercial with it jumping over a 4 runner or something. Cripes what a drag. Thier only point in the add is how many thousands they are willing to flat out chop off of the price. Way to sell. :notnice:

Put a mustang parked in front of every main 'sport 2 door' in its price class, like an eclipse, a celica, a solara, an accord coupe, whatever, and just do a brake stand burnout untill they all dissapear in the smoke. No dialect, nothing. Fade to black.
Old 9/1/04, 09:46 AM

"Put a mustang parked in front of every main 'sport 2 door' in its price class, like an eclipse, a celica, a solara, an accord coupe, whatever, and just do a brake stand burnout untill they all dissapear in the smoke. No dialect, nothing. Fade to black. "

Love it.

"You're hired".

- Ray
Guessing all this (no info) means that today is NOT release day . . .
Old 9/1/04, 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Put a mustang parked in front of every main 'sport 2 door' in its price class, like an eclipse, a celica, a solara, an accord coupe, whatever, and just do a brake stand burnout untill they all dissapear in the smoke. No dialect, nothing. Fade to black. "

Old 9/1/04, 10:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Maybe have it let off the gas, bump a rev, and slowly 'gurgle' off the screen trailing smoke and fading to the Ford logo.
Old 9/1/04, 10:01 AM
Cobra Member

Yep, Ford is all about TRUCKS!! And they wonder why their cars aren't selling as well as they would like?!

The commerical with the Stang GT chasing the Ford GT was great! Ford needs another Mustang commerical that shows the cars performance & handling!
Old 9/1/04, 10:58 AM
Bullitt Member

regardless of when the info does make its way into our hands... i'm pretty confident i will see it only on the best site in the world... this'n
Old 9/1/04, 03:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by stangman@August 31, 2004, 4:47 PM
In my H/R magthat i just gotOCT 2004.Under (Project Garage) page 42 is a story on Bonspeed mustang 05. The company says they got a 05 from ford ,and they are working on it . Calling it Black Rose.Will try to post it soon.
Please post I saw the blurb but didn't have a scanner
Old 9/1/04, 07:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
The friggin Ionic Breeze commercial works better then any Ford ad.

Hey that thing looks awesome!!
But only if you get the one that moves side to side. Oh yeah that's right.
Old 9/1/04, 07:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

I CANT BELIEVE THIS. Ford changed almost every order guide today around 3pm. JUST PUT THE PRICE LIST UP!!!!!! :bang: IM LOOSING MY MIND-AND I DONT EVEN REALLY CARE WHAT THE PRICES ARE-JUST WANT THE FULL SCOOP ON THE darn CAR..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 9/1/04, 07:16 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Kev I think they are teasing all of us
Old 9/1/04, 07:48 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120+September 1, 2004, 9:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ September 1, 2004, 9:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dallasw77@September 1, 2004, 10:14 AM
They could at least make a decent one. Its crapola. Look how horney people are for (kina-sorta-but-not-quite-but-who-cares-it-sound-cool) HEMI. The name all but disappeared for 20 years and now I hear that word at least 50 times a day. "Explorer is #1 selling suv".......BFD. Make a commercial with it jumping over a 4 runner or something. Cripes what a drag. Thier only point in the add is how many thousands they are willing to flat out chop off of the price. Way to sell. :notnice:

Put a mustang parked in front of every main 'sport 2 door' in its price class, like an eclipse, a celica, a solara, an accord coupe, whatever, and just do a brake stand burnout untill they all dissapear in the smoke. No dialect, nothing. Fade to black. [/b][/quote]
You won't get any arguement from me on this. Ford marketing and advertising stinkS!
Old 9/1/04, 09:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@September 2, 2004, 3:11 AM
I CANT BELIEVE THIS. Ford changed almost every order guide today around 3pm. JUST PUT THE PRICE LIST UP!!!!!! :bang: IM LOOSING MY MIND-AND I DONT EVEN REALLY CARE WHAT THE PRICES ARE-JUST WANT THE FULL SCOOP ON THE darn CAR..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
poor kevin, he's losing his mind I bet you need a new F5 key next week (at the latest)
Old 9/1/04, 09:13 PM
GT Member

Just run EXCITING ads NOW wether the cars are available or not.
I'm with Kevin on this. So what if the car is not available right now? Maybe they catch someone considering another car right now and this person sees the Mustang ad and decides to wait. The worst (that I can see) is that people get excited about a car that's not available quite yet.

I don't see a down side.

Clint
Old 9/1/04, 11:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

heh, another midnight, another FMCDealer screen that looks like this....Only one part left in the Ford 05 puzzle too. :bang:
Old 9/2/04, 01:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Pricing, pricing, pricing...I'm having nightmares. Thanks a lot Bill, and after my Grandpa dedicated his life to selling your vehicles...

Quick Reply: New 05 Mustang news "soon"