2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Need to vent

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/05, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry everyone I just need to get this off my chest.
I took my car into the dealer to get the radio replaced with a new unit. (going from version A to B)
Two hours later I'm leaving the dealer and I'm on my way home. Just glad that it's over, I don't like my car out of my sight because nobody cares about it like I do.(yes I know I'm an **** SOB, I'm getting counseling, JK)
Anyway I get just about home and I need to turn on the defrosters and nothing. No fan no rear window defrost, So I figured ok someone didn't plug everything back in. At this point I don't even care I just figure I will take it home and fix it my self. Get home tare into the center console, it took me about 15 minutes to figure out they left both lower plugs unpluged and the power port in the console. (what was the guy thinking). Then I started putting everything back together I'm getting out of the car and thats when I see two big scratches on the door still dead center(I can't tell you the sick feeling that I had at that moment).

I called the dealer and they asked me to bring the car back in. So now tomorrow I have to take it over to the body shop. I just dont see how they are going to be able to fix this with out me seeing a seem somewhere (plus now I have to leave it with them). It never fails it got to be some place I will see it every time I get into the car.

End rant...

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 4/22/05, 09:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

How do dealers stay in business?
Old 4/22/05, 09:37 PM
Bullitt Member

For me, I drop off my car to the best car audio place in town last Monday. They tell me that they cant take my car as scheduled because they have someone out sick and want me to reschedule for next week. Crushed, I show them the custom box I made for the sub and the mounting plane I made for the amp, and tell them to take the car for a few days and just fit it in when they can. The call me on wednesday to tell me they are having trouble installing my 3-way component setup in the doors, and it should be done in a couple of days. Friday rolls around (today) and the car is still not ready. I have a firm gaurentee that it will be done tomorrow. But in the meantime I am driving my old '98 VW Golf with a full 115hp (at the crank). I'm dying!

Not only am I without my car, I have been waiting MONTHS to get a new sound system and I can dying of anxiety waiting to hear it.
Old 4/22/05, 09:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Think 2 hours out of sight is bad? Try having this happen http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=21962&hl=

Don't feel too bad, they will have mine for a month. Various shop techs will be driving it around and taking it apart. And they are going to have to weld - oh the horror! Good luck with the scratches, hopefully they can buff them out - no way to hide tape marks on the sill...
Old 4/22/05, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

VENT AWAY... sometimes it helps. I know what you mean about "not wanting your car to be out of your sight"...I feel the same way. I almost had a nervous breakdown when the hood on mine had to be repainted due to a factory defect in the paint. Good luck to you. I hope that the body shop does an excellent job in taking care of the scratches that are on the door. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 4/22/05, 09:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I have had both good and bad experiences with dealers and repair shops working on my vehicles. My best advice is to document any physical damage, if any, prior to dropping the vehicle off and going over it with the manager of the shop. Then, before leaving the shop upon retrieval of the vehicle go over the car again with the manager and document anything amiss and get in writing what they are going to do to rectify the situation.

Because these businesses deal with cars day in and day out, they just do not have the perspective that the owner does about their pride and joy. :bang: It is the unusual establishment that is proactive about accidents and servicing their customers.

Remember, in God we trust, in all others bring data!

EK
Old 4/22/05, 09:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by oatmeal@April 22, 2005, 9:40 PM
For me, I drop off my car to the best car audio place in town last Monday. They tell me that they cant take my car as scheduled because they have someone out sick and want me to reschedule for next week. Crushed, I show them the custom box I made for the sub and the mounting plane I made for the amp, and tell them to take the car for a few days and just fit it in when they can. The call me on wednesday to tell me they are having trouble installing my 3-way component setup in the doors, and it should be done in a couple of days. Friday rolls around (today) and the car is still not ready. I have a firm gaurentee that it will be done tomorrow. But in the meantime I am driving my old '98 VW Golf with a full 115hp (at the crank). I'm dying!

Not only am I without my car, I have been waiting MONTHS to get a new sound system and I can dying of anxiety waiting to hear it.
I could not do what you are doing, I would loose all touch with reality.
Hope you get your car back tomorrow.
Old 4/22/05, 09:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by donkey@April 22, 2005, 9:45 PM
hopefully they can buff them out - no way to hide tape marks on the sill...
Cant buff them out the scratches are down to the steel. And the tape marks is exactly what I'm worried about. The body shop manager and I are going to have a long talk tomorrow.
Old 4/22/05, 09:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ekessler507@April 22, 2005, 9:50 PM
I have had both good and bad experiences with dealers and repair shops working on my vehicles. My best advice is to document any physical damage, if any, prior to dropping the vehicle off and going over it with the manager of the shop. Then, before leaving the shop upon retrieval of the vehicle go over the car again with the manager and document anything amiss and get in writing what they are going to do to rectify the situation.

Because these businesses deal with cars day in and day out, they just do not have the perspective that the owner does about their pride and joy. :bang: It is the unusual establishment that is proactive about accidents and servicing their customers.

Remember, in God we trust, in all others bring data!

EK

I agree; luckly they are willing to fix the problem, now the question is how well can they.
I was thinking about having this body shop put stripes on my car I even went so far as to get a quote from them, That will get mentioned tomorrow. and from now on I will not accept deliverly untill I have had a chance to give it a once over.
Old 4/22/05, 10:18 PM
Cobra Member

I have a 1/2" gouge on driverside sill, from before purchase. I will repair myself in a few weeks. We have upto 10"s of Snow coming Saturday night. It was 84 on Tuesday. Without picture I can not say for sure. But sounds like scratches can be filled or sanded out and just a blend of paint in that area should be just fine.

I just repaired myself on GT's engine bay, miss layed seam chaulk around and under the battery. And an inch and 1/4 spatter of spot weld on the passenger side strut tower. Looked like bird dropping. Everything was covered, just like surgery. And I did not leave any tools behind. LOL

If I can do myself on my Mustangs, I know something else will not be made a mess of. I will take all precautions. ****, is my middle name.

If not the car does not go anywhere with out me period. It is the only way to know for sure.
Old 4/23/05, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

No problem venting. We all need moral support sometimes. Personally, I think buying/maintaining a car like this is one of the most stressful experiences I'll ever go through.

I bought a condo sight-unseen from 5000 miles away and felt more relaxed through the whole experience than I feel waiting for my 05.

Hang in there. Take it one day at a time. And check eveything when you get it back...
Old 4/23/05, 03:57 PM
Cobra R Member

I know it's a pain.....but at least it's on the sill area, and not on an exterior exposed area where everybody sees it all the time.
Old 4/23/05, 09:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

I still have my 1/4" nick/scratch on my drivers door right by the handle. I see it EVERY tiem I open my door. I'm gonna take pics soon so maybe I can get some ideas on the best way to fix it.
Old 4/23/05, 10:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Roy, I have the same size scratch in the same place. My wife parked to close to a gas pump and the wind caught the door It is a small mark, but it looks like the freakin Grand Canyon on a black GT. Is there something about this paint that makes it easily chipped? There are several other nicks/chips in the paint on the hood and roof. I have a black Toyota 4WD that is 11 years old and it has fewer blemishes than this car does after 6 weeks.
Old 4/23/05, 11:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

yeah, instead of a gas pump, I hit my friends mailbox since it was never a problem when I had my Taurus with the smaller door...
Old 4/24/05, 01:01 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by FordRacing@April 23, 2005, 6:33 AM
Sorry everyone I just need to get this off my chest.
I took my car into the dealer to get the radio replaced with a new unit. (going from version A to B)
Two hours later I'm leaving the dealer and I'm on my way home. Just glad that it's over, I don't like my car out of my sight because nobody cares about it like I do.(yes I know I'm an **** SOB, I'm getting counseling, JK)
Anyway I get just about home and I need to turn on the defrosters and nothing. No fan no rear window defrost, So I figured ok someone didn't plug everything back in. At this point I don't even care I just figure I will take it home and fix it my self. Get home tare into the center console, it took me about 15 minutes to figure out they left both lower plugs unpluged and the power port in the console. (what was the guy thinking). Then I started putting everything back together I'm getting out of the car and thats when I see two big scratches on the door still dead center(I can't tell you the sick feeling that I had at that moment).

I called the dealer and they asked me to bring the car back in. So now tomorrow I have to take it over to the body shop. I just dont see how they are going to be able to fix this with out me seeing a seem somewhere (plus now I have to leave it with them). It never fails it got to be some place I will see it every time I get into the car.

End rant...

Thanks for letting me vent.
Like the man said..document everything. Then tell them what you expect. Then report their butt to the BBB. Worst case, get a lawyer buddy to write a letter.

The joker working on your car was probably on drugs. Not unusual. Tell the dealer they should do random drug tests.

Look for another shop. Tell them what happened. :scratch: