2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/05, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered a GT VERT Premium w/IUP, ICAP, Active alarm & wheel locks on 3/3. The SM took a deposit and told me it would be 12-16 weeks before it would be in, which I had no problem with. Since then, I have been reading a ton of the messages here on the boards and I got a little worried. I went to the dealership last night & the first thing they told me was that they couldn't guarantee delivery and wanted to me put me in an '06 instead. I asked for the DORA and the manager, not the SM, stated that he had already thrown it away. I left, but it sounds really fishy to me, like they never ordered my car.

If this is the case, I have real bad taste for Ford. First, they screwed up the Pony Drive, and now this.

Any insight about the DORA would be helpful before I call the SM. The only reason I didn't speak with him last night was his wife was having a baby.

Thanks for letting me rant a bit.
Old 3/15/05, 07:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They can still print out your order from Ford's computer. You need to see it anyways to verify your order was correct. They forgot my upgraded wheels so I am glad that I got mine. It will have your order number, dealer number, date received from Ford, etc.
If you have money down on it then insist on it for order verification.
You want the right car. If they are on the up and up it shouldnt be a problem. Only takes a couple minutes to sign into Fords mainframe.

my 3 cents