2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

NEED HELP ON COLOR!

Search this Thread

Old 1/11/06 | 11:19 PM
V6 Member

Ok...I have ordered a 2006 Tungsten GT with the red leather interior. But after I ordered it I realized that I was having second thoughts about the Tungsten color because of it's purple hue (which I did not originaly notice). So i tried to change the color to black about 2 weeks after I placed the order, but the dealership said that it was too late. So 6 weeks go by and now the dealership tells me that my car is going to arrive next week and that if I still want to change the color then they have a Satin Silver GT on the lot that I can take instead. It has the red leather interior and every other option that I wanted. so now I have to decide on eather Tungsten or Satin Silver. But I like both colors and cant decide which one I like more :whoknows: . Can you guys help me? I know I should decide for myself but I like both colors and just want some honest feedback on them. Please dont be affraid to express your opinion.
-sorry for the long post.
Old 1/12/06 | 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

IMO, I don't like the purple hue, so I'd go with the Satin Silver. It probably won't show the dirt as much as a darker color as well. Plus, you can go pick it up now!
Old 1/12/06 | 09:54 AM
Cobra Member

I'm not a fan of the lavender color in the Tungsten. Having said that, when it's in the correct lighting, it's very cool looking. I'd take the Tungsten over the Satin. Plus it's exactly the car you ordered.
Old 1/12/06 | 11:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

If both colors are available at dealers around you, suggest you check them out during different parts of the day. I know the MG color looks different in the sunshine versus the evening. Good luck on your choice!
Old 1/12/06 | 11:31 AM
I Have Admin Envy

I actually think the purple hue in Tungsten is very minor, I own sonic blue and it is much more pronounced (awaiting a potshot from George)

I say go for the tungsten, it is a great color to me
Old 1/12/06 | 02:01 PM
Cobra Member

Man I gotta say I LOVE Sonic Blue... if it was available on the '06 model I might have gone for it.

Blue isn't really a color that I would pick either (never had a blue car) but maybe it's the purple that gives it that pop... either way it's very cool

As for Tungsten or any other color just go check it out for yourself man. No one can give you advice on the color of your car... it's like asking what should be your favorite color.

There are plenty of Tungstens available on the lots now so I'm sure it will be easy for you to find one.
Old 1/12/06 | 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

My sister has a silver birch Yukon, her husband has a silver birch Sierra. The Yukon looks pretty good,the Sierra looks washed out. Some cars carry a color better than others. Try to look at a Tungsten and Satin Silver together if you can. Does one look more aggressive? Does the other make you think wimp? They should both be easy to keep looking clean.(mine is black!) Are there more of one color than the other where you live? Do you want to be different?(a lot of black down here) Not much to worry about,really-a Mustang looks great in any color! Good luck! I know you'll love your car!
Old 1/12/06 | 05:24 PM
GT Member

The satin silver on the mustangs look somewhat bland- nothing special about it (other than a sweet ride of course.)
I owned a MG convertible and consistently got comments of how good that color looked. There is a touch of blueish/purple/gray in the Tungsten, but it all depends on the lighting. My preference is the tungsten because it looks sharp, lots of metal flake in the paint, and it's just unique enough for that second look that I always got in my MG. Stick with the tungsten, you will not be disappointed.
Old 1/12/06 | 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

My story about color selection....I was wanting a red Stang...but one look at Sonic Blue in the sunlight...WOW. What a difference it made to see it for real. The point is -- look at your choices in sunlight.