2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Need to find a dealer

Search this Thread

Old 1/15/05, 05:16 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to my dealer today, finally got to test drive a 2005 Mustang Gt really no
comparison with my '94, but that is a different issue. Anyway when we went to
talk about placing my order they told me that they weren't accepting X-Plan on
Gt mustangs. So I am Looking for a dealer in Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland,
or West Virginia that will accept X-Plan on a 2005 mustang Gt. Was hoping
someone here could help me out.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 1/15/05, 05:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

i bet if you order one they will give you x-plan right away on it. just a thought. thats what i had to do and now with what seems to be all the compatability errors and material holds vanishing off the IUP andall, it might actually come pretty quickly. just do your reasearch find out the dealers allocationsand if they have any avalible n get yourself a high priority number
Old 1/15/05, 07:31 PM
GT Member

Yeah, I was sitting at the dealers desk ready to place my order on
the spot. Had my printout from the ford direct web site with the
options I wanted sitting on his desk. When I mentioned X-Plan he
responded that they didn't honor X-Plan on 2005 mustang Gt's, I
said that I would go elsewhere, he said that I wouldn't find a dealer
who would give me X-Plan on the Gt so I walked. Now just looking
to see if anyone knew of a dealer in my area that would allow the
use of an X-Plan on a Mustang Gt. I know there are some salesmen
from Northern Virginia who visit this site, and was hoping they would
offer their input.

Thanks again,
Chris
Old 1/15/05, 07:43 PM
Cobra Member

If you want to come to Virginia, try Beach Ford- Virginia Beach. Freedom Ford-Norfolk. Beach Ford would probably be better. If your ordering they will accept xplan.
Old 1/15/05, 08:15 PM
V6 Member

it might be to far from you - and its a tad different than x-plan....Van Bortel Ford in Victor, NY sells every Ford at $200 below invoice..."the no dicker sticker".

Not sure how that compares to x-plan. Van Bortel also has a Subaru dealership and they do $300 OVER invoice (I think???).

Just my .02 - thought it might help.
Old 1/15/05, 08:18 PM

I ordered a car through Ourisman Ford (near Rockville - 495 & Democracy Blvd) and they very reluctantly agreed to give me X-Plan. At the time (11/27) they were asking MSRP+2K for walk-ins or MSRP+1K for those that called/emailed their internet sales dept.

They said they would prioritize my order below a batch of MSRP orders, but either they screwed up or they lucked out with a generous allocation -- 'cause my car will be here on the 19th (IUP and all)!!! It's almost... time!

BTW, first post on this board...
Old 1/15/05, 09:46 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the input, still hoping for somewhere a little closer, but I
can be in Rockville & Va-Beach in less than 5 hours so I may have
to give them a call, I really don't mind making a road trip to pick
up a car, the only down side will be the return trip since I won't be
trading in my '94 we'll have two cars to get home. Not sure exactly
where Victor NY is, but I can be to Syracuse in ~8 hours so that wouldn't
be terriable, espically for $200 under Invoice (F.Y.I X-Plan is somewhere
around 2% above invoice, or on the mustang about $2000 off MSRP).

Anyway thanks again for the input,
Chris
Old 1/15/05, 10:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey CP94GT,

I live in MD and I'm also X-plan eligible. I was not able to find a dealer to sell me an in-stock GT on the plan, but many were willing to order it for me. I got impatient and sent out requests on www.cars.com and had a Silver GT in my driveway 3 hours later. I contacted 30 dealers that were less than 100 miles from here and all of them responded, some within minutes, and the first one that called had my GT. I gladly paid MSRP which is just $2K over x-plan price. I would rather have saved the $2K, but I just didn't feel like waiting. I'm having a ball in this thing and have no regrets. Many of the dealers that called told me of unspoken for GT's that they would be recieving soon and seemed eager to put me in one. Two weeks later they are still calling. You may not get your X-plan price on an in-stock car, but MSRP or slightly less ain't so bad.

SoLucky,

I almost ordered in December from Ourisman Ford as well. Haywood was the guy I dealt with. Nice enough fellow. He offered me the same deal - order @ X-plan, but get stuck behind the MSRP orders. At least he was honest about it. If your comes in in 8 weeks, you'll be one of the lucky few. I hope it happens for you. Prepare to have a blast. I took another long pointless road trip today and people were going out of there way just to get a look. I hope you like attention! There aren't many in our area.
Old 1/16/05, 06:00 AM

Clem,

Nice color combo... silver over red is an instant classic!

Mine will be Redfire w/ Dark Charcoal -- my wife's first choice. A compromise I am happy to make to add this car to the stable!

I've only seen one '05 on the road around here & it is a silver GT -- could it be you? Do you drive River Rd & Piney Meetinghouse during the evening commute? If so, a few nights a week I go home that way (but heading opposite you) to avoid the beltway. Whenever I see those 4 lights coming my way I roll down the window and listen for the exhaust note! Hope it's you...
Old 1/16/05, 06:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SoLucky@January 16, 2005, 7:03 AM

I've only seen one '05 on the road around here & it is a silver GT -- could it be you?
Hey SoLucky,

No, that wasn't me. I have had only a few opportunities to drive it and haven't been down that route. I was in Harpers Ferry yesterday and passed a Sreaming Yellow GT going the other way. I have seen one other GT - Silver also - on I-95. I think he was just passing through.

The red interior was not my first choice, but now I love it. This Silver/Black combo needs some color. It might be a shocker at first glance, but it quickly grows on you.
Old 1/16/05, 07:19 AM
Bullitt Member

I got mine from Cavalier Ford in Chesapeake, VA... They will honor X-plan but only if you order the vehicle.. They will not honor X-plan for Mustangs (GTs) on hand/in stock (as if they had any).... call 757 424 1111 and ask for weiner Keller.... He's the guy I ordered my car from (x-plan)...
Old 1/16/05, 07:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks like the built in profanity prevention software changed D ick's name to weiner... ha-ha... that's kinda a funny....
Old 1/16/05, 10:46 AM
V6 Member

So if you call and ask to talk to weiner, will you get D ick on the phone?
Old 1/17/05, 10:19 AM
GT Member

Just wanted to say thanks for the input, I'm going to send
out a few e-mail's today and see what these dealers have
to say.

Thanks again,
Chris
Old 1/17/05, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

Use forddirect and find all the local dealers, give them a call. Say "I want to order a 2005 Mustang on Xplan, is this do able?" If yes go down there if no, go to the next one on the list. It really is simple. If none of them give it to you find your local newspaper that lists all the dealers in the immediate area and do the same. By this time all places should offer X plan.

No need to sign your name we can look to the left.

Name:
Old 1/17/05, 10:43 AM
GT Member

i feel stupid....wats a xplan? or a plan? i heard those 2 around here
Old 1/17/05, 10:45 AM
Cobra Member

I hear a lot of talk about A/Z/D/X Plans for Ford Pricing. What are these?
A plan is for current Ford(not dealerships) employees.
Z plan is for retired Ford employees.
Also these plans can be used by immediate family members of the employees.

D plan is for Ford dealership employees of Blue Oval Certified dealerships, that have been employeed more than 6 months.

X plan is for family and friends of Ford employees and if a person works for a company that is a supplier in someway of Ford. There is a long list that qualifies for this.

The pricing goes this way. A plan is determined by Ford and can be found on the dealers order sheet/invoice in a box labeled A plan. This price is the same for Z and D plan as well. It is typically 4% under invoice, although it might vary a few dollars either way.

X plan is figured this way: A plan price + 4% + $150.
The advantage to using X plan instead of buying at invoice is that the dealer cannot charge dealership fees on a plan purchase, whereas they do charge it if you buy at invoice and not on a plan. Usually the dealership fees end up bringing the price up above X plan.

The dealership is paid a set amount by Ford when they sell a vehicle on anyone of the plans. So, if a dealer sells a car on X plan instead of selling at invoice without a plan, they make more money. Therefore the dealer is better off selling on plan unless they get someone to pay more than invoice, or even MSRP!

See more FAQ here
Old 1/17/05, 02:39 PM
V6 Member

I went through the Ford Dealer website already mentioned and checked dealer stock for several states. Once I located what I wanted in stock (GT go fast and the inventory listing isn't always the most recent information) I called the dealer to ask about buying on the X-plan. It took 2 weekends and numerous phone calls, but I finally got lucky and found one in stock and a dealer who sell at the X plan.

I am on the west coast, so I don't have a dealer to recommend close to you, but you may get lucky like I did with persistence.

Good Luck!

Beckie
Old 1/17/05, 07:15 PM
GT Member

I've searched just about every dealer in the state of VA, and haven't had
much luck finding a Screaming yellow Gt with 5sp Manual and cloth interior
seems the combo isn't too popular, I would possibly be interested in leather
but only if the car had every other option I wanted.

I find it kind of funny that every screaming yellow Gt I have found is an
automatic, not to nock automatics just not my preference.
Old 1/17/05, 07:22 PM
Cobra Member

I just did a search for what you are looking for and I saw a Yellow GT deluxe with leather and upgraded wheels. That's all it had on it. A dealer in Hampton, Va. zip 23666 in the forddirect.com site. I think it was Bowditch Ford or something.

Quick Reply: Need to find a dealer