2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My verdict on the TSB gas tank

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/05, 12:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I've had my TSB gas tank for about 4 fill-ups now, so I feel comfortable giving it a grade: PERFECT!

My stock tank started to deteriorate (kicking off too early) after the second fill up when new, so I think all is well. With the new vent, when the fuel pump clicks off, it is FULL! Not almost full, not over full, but FULL.

If I try to top it up (pretty much a requirement on the old tank and on every other vehicle I have owned in the past), it will click off again instantly with maybe a few cent's worth of extra gas going in (not even enough to indicate another 1/10 of a gallon...). Right up to the full line every time without any fighting. That is the way it should be.

It stinks they had to redo the gas tank vent, but I am VERY glad they nailed it on the second try.
Old 6/10/05, 01:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since I had mine switched out, I only had a problem once, when I was filling it up, I stopped it, and then started pumping again and it kept stopping on me ( the nozzle)....but only once, now it is great, no problems with the new tank!!
Old 9/13/05, 02:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well after my tank was replaced it now will fill up without shutting off and spitting gas all down the side of the car. Vast improvment over before,
But.....It still has the same problem of not filling to the top of the tank. I can squeeze another 1.4 gallons into the tank after it shuts off. If I don't do this, then the fuel gauge drops below the "F" after about 10 miles and I only have about 14 gallons in the tank. Anybody else experience this?
Old 9/13/05, 04:20 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My only problem after having the tank changed out, was running out of gas at 1/4 tank. It went back to be fixed, but ran out of gas at just under 1/4 tank. It is now back at the dealer again.... Guess we'll see if it works this time. I'm glad I bought a gas can. I'm getting tired of walking. :notnice: But, it fills up nice with no problems.
Old 10/4/05, 05:28 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Ellie JUST now started having issues.
For the last 10 months she has been fine except for Race trac stations which I avoided.

Recently it started making a fool everywhere.

Tomorrow at 8 AM I am taking her in to have it fixed- hopefully this will take care of it all.
Old 10/4/05, 11:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

My car has been having issues w/ the gas tank lately as well. I need to brign it in soon, especially before getin exhaust work done.
Old 10/5/05, 05:17 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@October 4, 2005, 6:31 AM
Ellie JUST now started having issues.
For the last 10 months she has been fine except for Race trac stations which I avoided.

Recently it started making a fool everywhere.

Tomorrow at 8 AM I am taking her in to have it fixed- hopefully this will take care of it all.
Scratch that. Ellie is still in Florida. Can't take her in if she's not here.

What is involved in this TSB?