2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Sales Manager is a great guy....

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/04, 01:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I placed my order for Satin Silver, he told me that I could only get the interior in Red if I wanted leather. I told him that I had seen other Silvers with all 4 interior colors (in leather), and he was still adamant that his system kicks it out as invalid order option. I then told him that makes no sense on a color such as Silver (neutral) that Red would be the only leather interior available. I wanted and orderd Red anyway, so this wasn't the issue......it was that I wanted him to realize that there are 4 options in leather, so that he isn't telling every customer that comes into the store the same thing, and thus every Silver I see in Longview is Red Interior. The sales gal I bought my car from, also wanted to order a GT. She wanted Legend Lime with IUP, and he told her that she could get leather, but that IUP wasn't available on this color..... Oh well....I guess the bottom line is that I got the car exactly the way I wanted it. I just hope that somebody that comes in and wants Satin Silver with Graphite...or Parchment...or Charcoal isn't told that all they can have is RED.
Old 11/20/04, 02:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Probably building the order with the Interior Color Accent Package in the equipment. When you do this and the try to plug in the interior color code, it will only accept the red leather. If they delete the ICAP from the options, it will let you select the other colors.
Old 11/20/04, 02:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Karpro@November 20, 2004, 1:15 PM
Probably building the order with the Interior Color Accent Package in the equipment. When you do this and the try to plug in the interior color code, it will only accept the red leather. If they delete the ICAP from the options, it will let you select the other colors.
Thanks Paul.....