Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My saga continues

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/06, 11:53 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My saga continues

Well I had to do something today that stung. I officially cancelled my order for my 07 Stang. The dealer kept giving me the run around with stuff I kept asking for. I continuously tried to get a copy of the DORA receipt and the owner himself told me he couldn't get his hands on it. I ordered my car on Aug 30, 2006 and it is still on material hold.

The salesman today tried very hard to get me to purchase some other one that he did a locate on that didn't have a couple of the options I wanted. I'm too picky and I figured if I'm spending the cash, I want it exactly the way I want it. Here are the specs that I ordered:

-GT Convertible
-Torch red/black top
-IUP
-GT Appearence package
-Comfort group
-Front side airbags
-wheel locking kit
-3.55 slip
-shaker 1000
-sirius
-active anti-theft
-convertible soft boot
-18" polished alum wheels

Anyone see something here that is a problem and would be causing the material hold. I heard there was a hold on the shelby with the shaker 1000 because it wasn't fitting right or something. I also heard a rumor that Ford is only allocating the 18" polished wheels to the GT/CS models. I'm so ****ed off right now.

Luckily my brother (who is in the biz) has another connection that is going to give us the same deal that this guy was. I'm assuming that my car had a low priority and that's why it got tossed aside and put on hold. Hopefully I can get this other dealer to put in a lower numbered priority for me. I want my car, and now it will be at least another 8 weeks before I get it. Oh well, I'd rather wait for the car I want than regret my purchase. Christmas present maybe?

Anyways, what do you guys think about the "package" I'm ordering. Anything you would remove/add? Always up for some new ideas considering I have to order it again. I'm thinking of getting a cloth top too. Aftermarket mods include a short throw shifter (steeda tri ax most likely), exhaust (not sure of what kind), and maybe some stripes.

Pray for me.
Old 11/6/06, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

The 18" rims are hard to get...I ordered on July 26th...I was allocated with out the 18" rims...I could always buy some later...I was told if I wanted the 18" rims I would still be waiting to be allocated...What ever, I am happy it will be here in a few weeks...Good Luck...
Old 11/6/06, 12:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigkbull
Well I had to do something today that stung. I officially cancelled my order for my 07 Stang. The dealer kept giving me the run around with stuff I kept asking for. I continuously tried to get a copy of the DORA receipt and the owner himself told me he couldn't get his hands on it. I ordered my car on Aug 30, 2006 and it is still on material hold.

The salesman today tried very hard to get me to purchase some other one that he did a locate on that didn't have a couple of the options I wanted. I'm too picky and I figured if I'm spending the cash, I want it exactly the way I want it. Here are the specs that I ordered:

-GT Convertible
-Torch red/black top
-IUP
-GT Appearence package
-Comfort group
-Front side airbags
-wheel locking kit
-3.55 slip
-shaker 1000
-sirius
-active anti-theft
-convertible soft boot

Anyone see something here that is a problem and would be causing the material hold. I heard there was a hold on the shelby with the shaker 1000 because it wasn't fitting right or something. I also heard a rumor that Ford is only allocating the 18" polished wheels to the GT/CS models. I'm so ****ed off right now.

Luckily my brother (who is in the biz) has another connection that is going to give us the same deal that this guy was. I'm assuming that my car had a low priority and that's why it got tossed aside and put on hold. Hopefully I can get this other dealer to put in a lower numbered priority for me. I want my car, and now it will be at least another 8 weeks before I get it. Oh well, I'd rather wait for the car I want than regret my purchase. Christmas present maybe?

Anyways, what do you guys think about the "package" I'm ordering. Anything you would remove/add? Always up for some new ideas considering I have to order it again. I'm thinking of getting a cloth top too. Aftermarket mods include a short throw shifter (steeda tri ax most likely), exhaust (not sure of what kind), and maybe some stripes.

Pray for me.
Not sure what the "hold-up" would be...I know that the hood scoops and engine covers were on back order several months but they're up to speed now. I had to actually order mine twice. They screwed up the first order and it still only took about 7 weeks. Regarding your order, IMO the Shaker 500 is fine... the Shaker 1000 is definitely not worth $1,300. It's already November, you'd think that the dealer could find you what you want on a lot somewhere... 07 where hard to come by in August... not now! Good luck, don't give up hope, they're definitely worth it!
Old 11/6/06, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

The boot should come with the vert. I have the cloth top on my Shelby and the vinal on my 06. The cloth top is very nice and it would be my choice.
Old 11/6/06, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bigkbull

-GT Convertible
-Torch red/black top
-IUP
-GT Appearence package
-Comfort group
-Front side airbags
-wheel locking kit
-3.55 slip
-shaker 1000
-sirius
-active anti-theft
-convertible soft boot

Pray for me.
I ordered mine mid-August and I'm scheduled to be built this week. You can see my options in my signature. The day or two after the dealer places the order he can print the DORA. Sounds like you were getting hosed. Possibly they have a small allocation and would rather locate one than order for you?

I considered the comfort package but decided against it. I probably won't be driving the car much in winter and the company I work for has a car with heated seats that I don't use. The mirror just didn't do anything for me. Now I kinda wish I would have gotten the anti-theft because it is inexpensive and in the last 2 months two people I know have had their cars stolen (not in my area though).
Old 11/6/06, 02:09 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the responses guys. I appreciate your input. I'm going in on Thursday to re-order my stang elsewhere. You guys think it will be less than 8 weeks considering it's later in the "season". I hope so. My birthday is Dec 18th. I'm hoping the Mustang God will grace me with this present for my bday.
Old 11/6/06, 02:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

From what I hear its the rims, about 8 weeks for rims I'm told other than than you look ok. Good luck and remember that the dealer can always get you aftermarket rims that would be good or better the factory.
Old 11/6/06, 04:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Don't waste your money on the convertible boot. You won't be using it. I know it's only $125 or so, but still... that's money wasted for something that will end up in your garage unused.
Old 11/9/06, 09:10 AM
GT Member

Ok, so I just got back from ordering my mustang (for the second time.) I kept everything the same except I took out the GT Appearance Package and opted for a cloth top instead. So that's the good news...

Bad news is, we went to cash the check from the first dealer and the bank wouldn't accept the check. A huge friggin' company couldn't cash a $1000 deposit refund check. We even went to their bank (just happened to be the same bank I use.) Terrible company.
Old 11/9/06, 10:04 AM
GTR Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
The 18" tires were the cause of the hold. I'm surprised your dealer couldn't see it or access your DORA within 2-3 days after you placed the order.
Old 11/9/06, 12:05 PM
GT Member

If the GT Appearance Package is a hold-up for you, that must be something recent. I ordered my GT in mid August and got it about 4 weeks later. As you can see in my signature, I have the GTAP and my car came very quickly - even the salesman was shocked when it rolled in on the truck.
Old 11/9/06, 12:59 PM
GT Member

Sorry, maybe my post was ambiguous. The GTAP was not the hold up. I just changed my mind on it when I ordered for the second time. The only real reason I wanted it was for the chrome tips and I just bought a Borla/FRPP Stinger Axle-back exhaust so I really don't need them.

The 18" wheels were most likely the hold up (if there was even an order to begin with). The problem was that the dealership is closing it's doors on Dec 1st. We had good reason to believe that my car was never ordered, and that the owner was just stringing me along until the 1st. It just seemed shady that they could never provide me the DORA receipt/order #/VIN #/etc. They actually acted stupid and pretended like there was no such thing as a DORA receipt. I originally didn't ask for it by name, just asked "for some sort of receipt of the order." Then when I kept getting the run around I pretty much said, "Listen, I want my copy of the DORA receipt." The dude's jaw dropped when I came out with that one. When I then called later on (he said he needed some time to research it) he still had nothing for me and that was the final straw that caused me to cancel the order. The idea that I was getting screwed over was further solidified by the fact that they wrote us a bad check today for our deposit return.

So now the dealership we are going through is the dealership that bought out the first one and will be taking over on Dec 1st. It's also the dealership that my dad bought his '77 Cougar, my mom's '88 Tracer, and '99 Grand Marquis. So now everyone is happy that we are now with a trusted company.
Old 11/9/06, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow, I can not believe what you went through...Did you or are you still able to get that cheque cashed? Will this new Owner/Dealership honour the cheque? My salesman also did not know what a DORA was...Several days later I had it and the vehicle order confirmation...That made me feel much better...I knew it was ordered and had everything I wanted...

Good luck, let us know what happens now...
Old 11/10/06, 02:49 PM
GT Member

UPDATE!!!

Check was finally cashed this morning. I officially have no tie to that first dealership. WOO HOOO!!!

Now the wait for the new order. Hopefully it will be around 6-8 weeks. I can deal with that.
Old 11/10/06, 04:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 11/10/06, 04:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kinda late here. but. It's definately the wheels. Happened to me, changed to Fan Blades and that completed the GT Appearance Package. I'm driving mine now.
Old 11/10/06, 05:22 PM
GTR Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
The stock painted 17" wheels look appealing to me and plus they're not high in demand so no one really wants to steal them.