2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My Pics with Hau Thai-Tang @ Carlisle

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/06 | 05:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

My Pics with Hau Thai-Tang @ Carlisle

What a Saturday it was in central PA. Good weather, all Fords and a TON of Mustangs of all colors and styles. I especially wanted to share 2 special pics from Carlisle. Paul, I don't want to take anything from your thread, but you know I was going to post these, but I knew you would post your pic 1st, as I don't have access to a computer. The way it happened was kinda wierd. I asked a co-worker who I met up there, if he had saw where Hau Thai-Tang was. He was 3 rows over at the older Mustangs. He had a camera crew with thim to document everything for Ford. Within a few minutes he was across from my car, as there was a FR500C race car there. He was getting film of that car. Next thing I know, he's directly infront of me and my car, so I walk up and shake his hand, and thank him for making the car so great! Next thing I know, he's asking me to show him MY CAR!!!

So I walk him around it, showing him all the mods I have done. He really liked the Midwestautogear mirror covers. He asked about them. His fellow Ford guys asked about my engine cover (he liked the way I had it designed), and my ducktail spoiler, and the painted stripes. All the while, a large group surrounded us, watching him and I! Boy was I nervous, since I was getting filmed. Once I was done, I asked for a picture, and he came back over! Just like Maverick stated, I too had to sign a release allowing them to use my car in the video for whatever they wanted. Plus they took a polaroid of each person filmed for the file. I asked them when and where its for. He told me it would be able to bee seen online. From what I understood, its a video for Ford, to show them the continued popularity of the Mustang. They will call me when it will be aired. All my buddies that drove up with me kept saying "that made your trip up here worth it". All in all, a really quiet, down to earth man, who is passonate about cars. What a day. What a 1st trip to Carlisle. Sorry if the story was too long. I was just so excited, thats all.
Attached Images   
Old 6/5/06 | 06:49 PM
GTR Member

That is one time you will never forget. I wish that was me. You have an awesome car too. Like the mods.
Old 6/5/06 | 08:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for sharing that! This kind of interaction is precisely what sets the engineering minds in motion. I would guess you had an impact.

Any more photos of your car?
Old 6/6/06 | 04:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
What a Saturday it was in central PA. Good weather, all Fords and a TON of Mustangs of all colors and styles...
Hey man, I was two cars down from you in the red "Boss", and went through the same interview with the Man. Did you get any followup regarding how they were going to use the film, and timing for it's release??

John
Old 6/6/06 | 06:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have no idea if the Speed Channel programming has anything to do with the filming done at the Ford Nationals (I can only hope!) but I found this:

http://speedtv.com/programs/361/

John
Old 6/7/06 | 06:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey John, didn't know your a member here. It was a pleasure to meet you on Saturday. I'm not sure about the Speed Channel thing, but if we are on that, HOW COOL WILL THAT BE!!! I think they will call us, when the video is available to view on the internet.

BTW, TONY A, I'll have some more shots of my car for you today. Been a little busy @ work, and that is where I keep alot of my photos.
Old 6/7/06 | 06:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

me too!! hehe, couldnt help but post!

Old 6/7/06 | 07:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey John, didn't know your a member here. It was a pleasure to meet you on Saturday. I'm not sure about the Speed Channel thing, but if we are on that, HOW COOL WILL THAT BE!!! I think they will call us, when the video is available to view on the internet.

BTW, TONY A, I'll have some more shots of my car for you today. Been a little busy @ work, and that is where I keep alot of my photos.
Small world, isn't it? I met several people at carlisle that were previously online contacts. I'm starting to feel like the old guy though...you all are young cats!

John
Old 6/7/06 | 08:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jwgroovin
Small world, isn't it? I met several people at carlisle that were previously online contacts. I'm starting to feel like the old guy though...you all are young cats!

John
Hey John, I may look young, but I am a few months from the 30! So I'm not that young.
Old 6/7/06 | 08:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

apparently I was the young one there of the TMS and Bad Mustangs Club group, LOL, I'm 22. Go Me!
Old 6/7/06 | 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
apparently I was the young one there of the TMS and Bad Mustangs Club group, LOL, I'm 22. Go Me!
Hey, when you're a year away from 50, trust me, you're all YOUNG!! I have to thank my oldest son though, at 20, for getting me back into muscle cars. In my youth, I had everything from Roadrunners to Darts to Camaros and what not. After getting married, I spent 20+ years doing the husband/dad thing. My oldest has always had an interest in cars, and I got him an '04 Mustang for high school graduation. While in the sales office, there was a brochure for the upcoming '05, and I knew that instant that it was time to get back to my roots and get one of these things. We now have 3 Mustangs in the family, and I'm looking for yet another Fox body to play with (I figure one for the track, one for cruising/shows, the other as a daily commuter).

For what's it worth, I play a mean blues guitar in rock bands too, and have been since my teens. An older body, but certainly not old at heart!

John
Old 6/7/06 | 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by jwgroovin
Hey, when you're a year away from 50, trust me, you're all YOUNG!! I have to thank my oldest son though, at 20, for getting me back into muscle cars. In my youth, I had everything from Roadrunners to Darts to Camaros and what not. After getting married, I spent 20+ years doing the husband/dad thing. My oldest has always had an interest in cars, and I got him an '04 Mustang for high school graduation. While in the sales office, there was a brochure for the upcoming '05, and I knew that instant that it was time to get back to my roots and get one of these things. We now have 3 Mustangs in the family, and I'm looking for yet another Fox body to play with (I figure one for the track, one for cruising/shows, the other as a daily commuter).

For what's it worth, I play a mean blues guitar in rock bands too, and have been since my teens. An older body, but certainly not old at heart!

John
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger John! I'm 44, pick a mean blues guitar, and haven't owned a muscle car since '79! Loving every minute of it! Kev
Old 6/7/06 | 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Slofoot
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger John! I'm 44, pick a mean blues guitar, and haven't owned a muscle car since '79! Loving every minute of it! Kev
I've heard "40" is the new "20". Or something like that...

John