2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My GT will be sold back to the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/05, 07:21 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep fighting the battle Charles...our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 3/9/05, 10:11 AM

Not for nothing, but I don't look at this site for "Get Wells" to some screen-name in cyberspace. I feel bad for anyone who has a short time to live from the doctor, but come on, to put your sob story up on a car enthusiast web site is just damm odd. And to have 6 pages of "My hearts and prayers are for you"...come on, get a life people, or post stuff like that on Oprah's website.
Old 3/9/05, 01:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Patrick - "Not for nothing, but" I understand the need to share the grief. If this site can help Charles even a bit, I am all for it. You're correct, this is car enthusiast web site, and if we can help our fellow in this difficult time, by expressing our support, we make this site better. If we can spend 23 pages commenting on Job 1, I am sure we can spare 6 virtual pages supporting Charles. If it bothers you, do what I do, when I find a topic of no interest to me, - don't read it. Please don't get offended by my disagreement, but I felt strongly in expressing my point of view.
Eugene
Old 3/9/05, 01:12 PM
FR500 Member

I am so sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers...I just read a section in my science/health book about different types of cancer (including melanoma). You probably already know this, but it says some treatments include surgical removal, radiation, and chemotherapy. I really hope you get well soon.
Old 3/9/05, 01:14 PM
Banned

Patrick.........dont be so harsh man. People get to know others here, and it is nice to have support werever you can get it. Dont like it? Dont post on this topic.

Charles.........man, check in .......we are here for you!!!!

:P
Old 3/9/05, 01:15 PM

Oh Please....

Assuming that the cancer story is true (don't believe everything you read on a web forum) take it to Dr. Phil. If somone actually has CANCER (like I had) find solace from real people, not posts to a Mustang web forum.

Keep an eye out. I will have to post in a month or two about how I lost my leg in a freak fishing accident and I will have to sell my new Mustang Convertible back to the dealer. i will have to check back hourly to seethe pages and pages of posts making me feel better...HA!!!
Old 3/9/05, 01:21 PM
FR500 Member

we're just being polite...unlike someone here (PATRICK)....why would he make up a story that he has cancer and might not live just to get people to say "you're in my thoughts and prayers"....he woudn't.
Old 3/9/05, 01:22 PM

Looks like Charles may have "checked out" PonyGirl....

Checked Out with no forwarding address.....
Old 3/9/05, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

vector1701 - your bitterness is not justified. I am glad that you were able to overcome your cancer. Charles story could be true or not. Important issue is our response to our fellow's problem. If he wants to find solace from us, he is very welcome. If you have nothing nice to say - please say nothing. Politeness and compassion are virtues to be respected, you as a cancer survivor understand this very well. This is all I need to say regarding this topic - it is not my goal to argue with you, but to wish Charles get better and have long life and fun rides in his favorite car.
Eugene
Old 3/9/05, 01:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by vector1701@March 9, 2005, 2:25 PM
Looks like Charles may have "checked out" PonyGirl....

Checked Out with no forwarding address.....
Dude :notnice:

If you have an issue then keep it to yourself.

Say he is telling the truth and he stops in every once and awhile to see peoples nice comments, maybe it helps. Maybe it doesn't but either way, stay quiet if all your going to do is complian.

you sir are a
Old 3/9/05, 01:52 PM
Cobra Member

Out of respect to Charles, I'd really like to see this thread locked. I can't think of any reason a preson would fabricate a story about having something as terrible as a reoccurance of potentially terminal cancer. It has taken many of my relatives lives, and we never know when we may hear the bad news, as our days on this earth are numbered.

It is all to easy to get caught up in material things like cars and other toys, but life doesn't have a price, and Charles may no longer be around.
Old 3/9/05, 01:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

he was just here on the sixth of march.
Old 3/9/05, 01:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Read the very first post - Seems that Charles was letting us know where to find a good Mustang.

The natural question would be, "Why on earth would you get rid of something that we are all trying so hard to get?"

I don't think he was asking for any sympathy... He just answered the question.

The resulting posts are simply people (appropriately) expressing themselves. Is that so wrong?

No different than posting that you lost your job and have to sell your new car or fell on some hard times, whatever the case may be.
Old 3/9/05, 02:05 PM
GT Member

I really doubt someone would start the original topic, tell everyone who at the time was looking for an '05 GT where they could find one, and never respond again as someone looking for sympathy.

I do believe that he is legitimate and I hope and pray he's still with us.
As a few have already stated situations like these do put "trivial things" in perspective.

Vector,
If you had/have cancer yourself as stated I wish you also the best of luck.

To make a statement about "Get Wells" to someone unknown in "cyberspace" seems to ignore the fact that many people on this forum consider other members "friends" ( I'm sure some have eventually met and others may never, so what?)

I myself haven't been a member for long but I've read these pages for many, many months and in my opinion this is the most civil and helpful site on the web with regards to Mustangs.

What leads you to believe that Charles is looking for sympathy?

To all Vet's
Old 3/9/05, 05:41 PM

uncalled for

Warning.
Old 3/9/05, 05:58 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Ok I want this kept civil. I know alot of people that would be offended by some of these comments. If you don't have anything good or helpful to say then don't say anything. This is the only warning I'm gonna issue about this. We don't take this kinda thing lightly.
Old 3/9/05, 06:40 PM
GT Member

Well if Charles never gets to see these posts to help him, he sure helped someone out there trying to find a car that is hard to come by.

I know it put my fight for my car in perspective.

I hope Charles got to take his pony out for one last blast before handing her back over! Don't worry about babying her, she's a stang and loves for someone to ride her hard!
Old 3/9/05, 07:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm sorry Charles. I hope and pray you get better.
Old 3/11/05, 06:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

:notnice: I has been hard to believe some of the uncool comments made recently on this thread.

My Dad currently has and my late Grandad had Melanoma, so I am at a very high risk for it myself. In fact I had my annual head-to-toe "mole patrol" with my dermatologist just yesterday. I urge everyone who hasn't to do the same.

At the very least, Charles was just trying to give us a "heads up" on an available Mustang. At most, his post may have raised someone's awareness of Melanoma to the point it saves his or her life. I will get off my soapbox now.
Old 3/11/05, 07:24 AM
vld
GT Member

Originally posted by ltccarndt@November 24, 2004, 6:22 PM
I have to make a critical decision soon. I've had my GT for about a month. It's a beautiful Black Premium, 500W, Interior Upgrade, Red over Black interior, ATX, anti theft, side air bags, Bullits.

My Melanoma Cancer returned so quickly that I may have months to live.

I'm going to sell it back to the Dealer sometime soon. Sorry, I'm not going to be able to deal with selling myself--I've got too many other things to deal with that are more important than a car now. So please don't make any offers.

So.... for you information there will be a beautiful "used" GT with about 1,500 miles in the next months at BoB Allen Ford in Overland Park Kansas with all the stuff they can't get out of the factory now: Interior upgrade, etc.

I broke it in nice, it had its 1st oil/filter change at 1,000 miles. I baby-ed it really, so keep your eyes open if you want it. My wife agrees it must be sold, she loved it too.

Lt Col C. Arndt USA (ret)
Professional Military Mechanical Engr,
- out
:usa: