2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

my good news

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/05, 06:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone! After waiting since Oct. 16th, calling the dealership once every month, being told that the car is delayed 2 times, and making a few phone calls today to the dealership and customer service, I was told that my mustang was finaly built yesterday and is supposed to be here around the 17th of march. This is so awesome! I ordered a black gt, IUP, red leather, shaker 500, bullit wheels, and a manual trans. Thanks to Outdoorstom for your info.
Old 3/3/05, 06:47 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! It's almost here!
Old 3/3/05, 06:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Alright!! It won't be long and the nanners will be dancing for ya!!
Old 3/3/05, 07:46 PM
GT Member

Congrats man! Great color choice.
Old 3/3/05, 07:51 PM
Bullitt Member

That was well overdue, I don't know how you stood the wait. Looks like we ordered the same, I hope I don't have to wait as long as you, I go crazy. congrats
pixs pixs when you get it.
Old 3/3/05, 10:25 PM

Congrats Seth i hope it gets here even sooner for you. As you can tell by my sig i have been waiting it out myself. Thank God for the people here on the mustang source for the therapy
Old 3/3/05, 11:12 PM
Cobra R Member

I am not going to say congrats just yet, but I do hope it is here for you soon. My car was built on the week of the 7th of february and still waiting, it supposedly sat on a rail car in detroit for two weeks, and left monday, supposedly should be here this friday at latest. well I have heard so many things from dealer and ford cust svc, I am not holding my breath. I am glad yours is built and hopefully wont be sitting somewhere like mine.
Old 3/3/05, 11:15 PM
FR500 Member

hey u got good taste...i ordered the same. hopefully mine will come sooner. but congrats on making in thru the wait!!
Old 3/20/05, 03:08 PM
V6 Member

Hi guys. This really bites. On thursday, the dealership called and said the car came in. My mom went and looked at the car while I was at school. She got there and found out that Ford messed up badly and sent the dealership the wrong car. It had everything we ordered EXCEPT the red leather,IUP, and Mycolor. It was a black 05 GT, bullit wheels, dark charcoal leather seats, 5 spd manual, shaker 500. My mom took me down to the dealership after picking me up from school, and I wanted to take it then because I thought it was a beautiful car and I am sick of waiting. When my dad got home from work, we told him that the car was in, but there was a problem. We told him about the interior and he said that he didn't want the car. But we went back to look at it, test drove it, smoked a honda civic (full of rice). The dealership said they would pay to have the seats recovered red and put a wheel and tire package at cost on the car. They wouldn't even come down on the price. My dad said we would think about it over night. The next morning, after getting very little sleep and after my dad went to work, the dealership called and said that Ford is in on this now and MY car will be built in april and we will get it in May. My dad said this is the last chance he is giving to the dealership. He has given enough chances for them to do right (four at least).
Question for the red interior guys: where the interior is not red is it black or charcoal gray? The dealership, who knows nothing about the car, said it was charcoal gray. Way back in October when we seen a red v6 with the red interior at the same dealership, we didn't take much notice to the trim. In the handout it looks black. My dad wants to be correct to rub the managers nose in it. The manager claims to know alot about cars and doesn't think the mustang we ordered will be worth anything in the future. We know he is just trying to get us out of his hair.
Like I said this before, this really bites. My dad was saying that we got baseball players standing in front of congress when we should have car companys and dealerships there to explain themselves. :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 3/20/05, 03:13 PM
FR500 Member

wow now im alittle freaked and hope they dont mess up on my car
Old 3/20/05, 03:18 PM
GT Member

The ICAP is dark charcoal with crimson red seats and accents
Old 3/20/05, 04:06 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

I bet Ford didn't screw it up...I'd say it was the dealer....
Old 3/20/05, 04:14 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry about the bad news. Are you sure your dealer didn't change your order? If they changed the IUP to get it quicker, then you would've automatically lost the MyColor and ICAP. Did you ever get a DORA? Either way, I'd have your dad call someone at Ford to make sure you're getting the full story.
Old 3/20/05, 05:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I bet the dealer just canned the IUP to get the car in knowing full well if you didn't take it, someone else would very quickly.
Old 3/20/05, 06:37 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Man I am so sorry to hear about your car ..you have been waiting a long time .

So now this time make sure you get dealer "vehicle order confirmation "form for the order ,this will show all the options that you had requested to be on the car and the dealer should have this in 2 days of placeing the order.
Next get the D.O.R.A. for the new order this will show ford has received the order and if you wait about 3 or 4 weeks it should show a serial number by then .An honest dealer will give you all of this with no problem ...thursday evening or friday morning the dealer gets an update on the car after it is serialized .
Make sure you get a high priority number (10 or less) 9 to 1 is for replacement orders reserved for the factory...push them for the 1 to 9 they will have to make some calls but this should help get your car sooner.
I hope this helps ya good luck
Old 3/20/05, 06:45 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats!!!!
Old 4/18/05, 04:20 PM
V6 Member

OMG! I just found out about 30 minutes ago, after my dad called, he said he saw the guy that works at the dealership, and then he told me that the guy told him that my mustang would be there around may 7th. We called customer service, they said they had nothing on the car. We called the dealership and they told us the vin #. Then we called customer service back to make sure this is true and they told us that it was true and the car would be built on the 25th and be delivered to the dealership between the 5th to the 12th. Now, this time I hope the car is the right color, options etc. Now my heart is beating a little quicker each day. This is the coolest thing in my life!!!
And before anyone asks, believe me, I WILL POST MANY PICTURES!!!
Old 4/18/05, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Grats. stinks you had to wait this long. But least welcome to the April 25th group.