2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My experience in 6 moths of ownership (long 1st post, but worth it)

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/07, 05:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrkabc
Did you get rid of that "Miller" sticker on your trunk?
i literally got out of the car at my house and ripped it off
Old 2/1/07, 06:10 PM
GT Member

Great write-up. And I gotta say that Performance White is insanely beautiful on these cars. I was sooooo close to doing white, but the family
talked me out of it. I mean I love the Torch Red, but that Performance White is pretty frickin' sweet.
Old 2/1/07, 07:34 PM
Cobra R Member

thanks,

i love white as well. didnt help that the family has a white boss 302, and a white 66 convertible. if i had seen it before i ordered though, there is a good chance i would be rolling an alloy gray car right now though
Old 2/1/07, 08:57 PM
Cobra Member

im doing shelby gt500 fascia and hood for my black GT...

however at times...i wish i went with white cause that white shelby gt500 look with the blue stripes is HOTNESS!!
Old 2/1/07, 09:15 PM

Nice post!
God I can't wait to get my Stang.
My last one was a 88 GT fox body.
Give thanks to your gas milage on your 3.31 rear end.
2007 is when Ford dropped the 3.55 as standard equipment.
Old 2/1/07, 09:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Is that really going to make much difference? Would be nice to know exactly the effects on acceleration and MPG the two different gears have.

He was getting really great mileage but I don't think that's typical for most people even with 3.31s???

Originally Posted by bootman
Nice post!
Old 2/2/07, 06:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by bootman
Nice post!
i didnt get the 3.55's on purpose, instead of spending 100 bucks at first, i would rather use that 100 bucks for the 3.73's or 4.10's i'll get afterwards. apparently the mileage isnt typical, but i didnt buy the car for the mileage anyway. it just so happens that with my driving style, its what i get.

One thing i kinda left out is the fact that most of the parts that i have put on, i have no idea if they really do anything for the speed of the car. like i had a jet TBS on it, couldnt tell. k&n drop in.. no clue. Granatelli strut tower brace. couldnt say it does anything. apparently i just dont drive it that hard. i just drive.
Old 2/2/07, 08:01 AM
V6 Member

Really a great write up. It's giving me good info about the mod's I'm considering.

The only thing I need now is that my ordered Mustang need to come in. Hopefully within 4 or 5 weeks! Not that I want to mod my Mustang right away. First I want to drive it stock for a couple of months. Once I'm more used to the caracteristics I would like to add some mod's. This way I can make may own desisions if a mod is really adding something.
Old 2/2/07, 08:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by GJvdB
Really a great write up. It's giving me good info about the mod's I'm considering.

The only thing I need now is that my ordered Mustang need to come in. Hopefully within 4 or 5 weeks! Not that I want to mod my Mustang right away. First I want to drive it stock for a couple of months. Once I'm more used to the caracteristics I would like to add some mod's. This way I can make may own desisions if a mod is really adding something.
well the only thing in mine for about 2-3 months was the exhaust

which overall everyone said that the only difference is the sound. so i wasnt worried about it. also the tbs, most say the only thing you'll notice is reduced throttle lag, but i was soo frustrated with the throttle response with it, that i couldnt tell anyway.
Old 2/2/07, 09:49 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Joe nice write up, did you ever put those black rockers on?
Old 2/2/07, 10:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
Joe nice write up, did you ever put those black rockers on?

actually i havent yet, a few other things came up and i havent gotten around to getting the gt/cs bumper yet. i want to do it all in one shot, they are still at my house though
Old 2/2/07, 10:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool writeup. Thanks!

I too wish I was getting your mileage though... 15,000 miles on my car now, and I've never gotten the mileage figures you're getting. Mine has gotten 24-25 on the highway, but that's only when I use the cruise control and set it to 65. I have never gotten 26-28.

In city driving (when there is *no* highway at all involved, average speed maybe 30-35 mph), mine is usually right around 16 mpg. That's not hard driving either - an occasional WOT romp maybe, but most of the time there is no opportunity.

I do have the 3:55 axle though. Maybe that's the difference in the highway figures?

More power to you!
Old 2/2/07, 11:01 AM
Cobra R Member

there are many other factors as well, like the fuel that you use, temp of the air that your in. my mileage figures have gone down in the cold.

one thing i must also stress, i should add this to the first post. if your car is stock, you should only run 87 in it. not only does 89,91, or 93 not give you any more performance, it could also reduce mileage. very improtant.

i have an 87 program in the car right now, and i only run 87 through it.

Originally Posted by wjones14
Cool writeup. Thanks!

I too wish I was getting your mileage though... 15,000 miles on my car now, and I've never gotten the mileage figures you're getting. Mine has gotten 24-25 on the highway, but that's only when I use the cruise control and set it to 65. I have never gotten 26-28.

In city driving (when there is *no* highway at all involved, average speed maybe 30-35 mph), mine is usually right around 16 mpg. That's not hard driving either - an occasional WOT romp maybe, but most of the time there is no opportunity.

I do have the 3:55 axle though. Maybe that's the difference in the highway figures?

More power to you!
Old 2/2/07, 02:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cheese302
all i am saying, is thats its not my thing. much more about cars that are in motion.
I'm totally with you. I figured with work and all, I'd only put maybe 5,000 miles on my car the 1st year. I put 8,500, so for a show car, it was driven alot.
Old 2/2/07, 04:11 PM
Cobra R Member

we must work on different scales then man... i put 11000 on in the first 7 months. and i thought i wasnt driivng it much. cant wait to get it out on the glen, looks like august i'll be making my first trip

i am usually around 35000 a year, on a car. i own it, may as well drive it. i truely belive keeping a car moving lets it last longer. a car that sits. rots
Old 2/2/07, 04:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wjones14

This is about what I get. My 93 Cobra with 4.10's get's about the same with a little less on the highway.
Old 2/2/07, 10:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cheese302
Randy: I just make sure to hit the wheels with some wheel cleaner at least once every week or two weeks, you cant polish the bullitts, but if they never really get dirty, you dont have to polish them anyway.

Mike: i dodnt delete the spoiler myself, i bought it that way, however here is a pick from the day i picked it up.

Heh, thats identical to my fathers car. Clean and mean When the doors open the interior just explodes into view.
Old 2/3/07, 06:04 AM
Cobra Member

Great post and thanks for the tips on the fuel economy.
Old 2/3/07, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

In response to the original post:

Hey Cheese302! That is one of the most inteligent and well written posts I've seen. I came here from another forum because I was tired of seeing posts with idiots moaning about stupid nit picking things like the sound that the turn signal makes or the length of the antenna. Seems like there's a pretty inteligent bunch of people on this forum.
Old 2/3/07, 11:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Joe, that was a really good post, glad I'm not the only one driving my car all of the time (my wife is!!)lol Only thing I disagree with, and only partially, is the car washes, I'd much rather wash her myself, but since winter finally arrived, I've had to use the car washes to get the road grime and salt(yea, salt) off of my baby b/c its kinda hard to wash when its below freezing!!!! I had to try and put some wax on the scratches that someone put on her last week and it froze as soon as it hit the metal!!!
Had to get the wife's blow dryer outside to warm it up and get it off!!! Anyways, how do those Spintech sound, any drone?

Quick Reply: My experience in 6 moths of ownership (long 1st post, but worth it)