2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Is This My DORA? Help Please! :)

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/04, 05:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

What do you Ford salesmen think of this situation: Still no news or scheduling of my car, and my dealer said he would call me when something came up. That was last Saturday. I figured I'd wait for two weeks and then ring him if I didn't get any response. What do you guys think? Should I just wait around or call him?
Oh, and I'm not sure if what I got from these guys when preordered my car was my DORA. It said "Vehicle Order Confirmation" on the top and had my Priority number (10) and the options I asked for, minus the one I came in a week later to add on, the IUP.
Should I ask for a DORA when/if I call him?
Thanks!
Sorry if I seem annoying with all these questions... it's my first new car experience and I'm a bit naive.
Old 9/16/04, 07:45 AM
V6 Member

Nope, you need the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment. It sounds like to me the car has NOT been ordered.

I bet he is going to try and sell you a car he got coming for dealer stock.

I would demand proof of order, or say goodbye.
Old 9/16/04, 08:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Ola! I'm DORA!

Old 9/16/04, 08:24 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by joeuser42@September 16, 2004, 8:26 AM
Ola! I'm DORA!

Old 9/16/04, 08:26 AM
GT Member

Old 9/16/04, 08:44 AM
GT Member

Old 9/16/04, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

dora is Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment. not spainish speaking girl with a magic backpack
Old 9/16/04, 09:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
How long does it take for a dealer to get a DORA for your order? He does not need Ford to give him a VIN # to get a DORA correct? This is supposed to be just an acknowledgement from FORD saying your order has been placed, right? Just making sure what I am thinking is correct.
Old 9/16/04, 10:08 AM
GT Member

This one dealer told me he only places orders on Tuesdays and it will take him 10 days to get the DORA. Is that true or is it BS??
Please Help.
Old 9/16/04, 11:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Kluski@September 16, 2004, 9:38 AM
How long does it take for a dealer to get a DORA for your order? He does not need Ford to give him a VIN # to get a DORA correct? This is supposed to be just an acknowledgement from FORD saying your order has been placed, right? Just making sure what I am thinking is correct.
It is printed with the following day's inventory and status reports. Really doesn't serve much purpose for you though, just shows that the vehicle has been ordered and with what options. Doesn't mean it will get built and doesn't mean it will get sold to you if it does.

The only thing of legal importance for you is a signed and dated buyers order spelling out all agreed terms, including price, options, etc...

Paul
Old 9/16/04, 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nope, you need the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment. It sounds like to me the car has NOT been ordered.

I bet he is going to try and sell you a car he got coming for dealer stock.

I would demand proof of order, or say goodbye.
What do you Ford Salesmen think? Is this guy right? That my order probably hasn't been placed and I'm being BSed? If so, I'll go up there tomorrow afternoon, and ask for my DORA. If he doesn't give it to me or feeds me some line, I'll pull my deposit (although I'd hate to do it this late in the game... means I won't get the car till sometime in late November, but if he hasn't ordered it, then it doens't matter) and go elsewhere.
Old 9/16/04, 12:47 PM
V6 Member

There is allot of GOOD Ford dealers out there. Maybe they are not giving you BS, but it just sounds really fishy.

Are they a small hometown dealer, which could be part of the problem.
Old 9/16/04, 01:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Okay, here's a scan of the sheet they gave me when I ordered on 8/17.
Hopefully a Ford Salesman can tell me whther or not this is my DORA and whether I should be worried.
Old 9/16/04, 02:19 PM
GT Member

OBleedingMe, I have been getting those in faxes from different dealers who I was working with to finalize the pricing. I am pretty sure thats not the DORA.

Kevin, if you get a chance, plzz answer my question, this one dealer is telling me that he orders cars only on a specific day of the week and that it will take 10 days for him to get something back from Ford about my order (which I think, he is talking about DORA). Is that even possible?
Old 9/16/04, 02:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@September 16, 2004, 1:36 PM
Okay, here's a scan of the sheet they gave me when I ordered on 8/17.
Hopefully a Ford Salesman can tell me whther or not this is my DORA and whether I should be worried.
This is NOT a DORA, but if he pressed the F4 button, that would submit the order(see bottom of sheet). I believe the next day, a DORA would get printed with this dealers morning reports showing that the order had been entered. If the order has been placed it will show up on their daily status report, just ask to see it.

Honestly, I don't know why they wouldn't have ordered it. From what I remember about your earlier posts (sorry, didn't search back through them), you hadn't gotten some fantastic price that possibly they would no longer want to honor. Chances are your just dealing with a salesperson that doesn't know whats going on or doesn't understand the order process.
Old 9/16/04, 02:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Red/Black GT@September 16, 2004, 2:22 PM
OBleedingMe, I have been getting those in faxes from different dealers who I was working with to finalize the pricing. I am pretty sure thats not the DORA.

Kevin, if you get a chance, plzz answer my question, this one dealer is telling me that he orders cars only on a specific day of the week and that it will take 10 days for him to get something back from Ford about my order (which I think, he is talking about DORA). Is that even possible?
Dealers can place orders on any day of the week. Ford however only pulls orders once a week, thursdays i believe. If i am not mistaken, fridays status report should show the order and a DORA should also print with the report. Of course the order will just sit in the order bank until the dealer has available allocation to schedule your unit.
Old 9/16/04, 05:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Kevin, Bruce... any chance you guys have an opinion on my situation?
Old 9/23/04, 12:15 PM
GT Member

On the Order Status Confirmation screen shot posted by OBleedingMe, does anyone know what the order type is????
I have seen Order Type 1 and 2. What is the difference????
:worship: to all the salespeople on this site!
Old 9/23/04, 12:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Red/Black GT@September 23, 2004, 12:18 PM
On the Order Status Confirmation screen shot posted by OBleedingMe, does anyone know what the order type is????
I have seen Order Type 1 and 2. What is the difference????
:worship: to all the salespeople on this site!
Order type 1 = Sold order, Order type 2 = Stock unit, Order type A,X, etc = Program type order

Paul
Old 9/23/04, 01:08 PM
GT Member

Thanks a lot Paul, appreciate it!

Quick Reply: Is This My DORA? Help Please! :)