2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My Car=Meguiars Model, Again!

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/06, 01:33 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Error404
woh, man, looks pretty different with foglights down below! Glad Ford didn't do that That's so lame that they have to photoshop the car, it's lame because Ford would probably sue? only in America... :-\ Bummer they had to chop your car up for the final image!

Pretty cool stuff, how did that come to be, did they just contact you, or did you know someone at meguiars?
actually for the box I was just at work and looked outside and saw the guy taking pics of my car, he had a really fancy setup going so I went out to see what was up and low and behold he worked for Meguiars. He said he worked out at the gym in the same parking lot and that he had seen my car all the time and so when he was asked about finding a car he thought of mine. I have an original uncut sheet with Barry Meguiars signature and a small thank you from him. Since he has been in communication with me and is a real nice guy and just recently asked for other cars for this shoot, which I hooked him up with. Mine was to be only used for the close up I first posted about in this thread, but then he had taken a couple pics of my car as whole as well and showed them to Meguiars and they wanted my car in the catalog after they saw it, so he called me back and set the shoot up for this monday.
Old 10/2/06, 07:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Just curious if the "before and after" claybar shots were a chop? Or did they use some sort of lens filter for one half of the hood. I can't imagine you'd let them spread some any **** on your hood to dull it for the before shot. Or is this a trade secret ?
Old 10/2/06, 08:04 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
Just curious if the "before and after" claybar shots were a chop? Or did they use some sort of lens filter for one half of the hood. I can't imagine you'd let them spread some any **** on your hood to dull it for the before shot. Or is this a trade secret ?
are you talking about on the box of the claybar? if so they just ran the pic as is and the before and after is actually the texture of the box, before its rough and bumpy and after its glassy smooth
Old 10/3/06, 01:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by rrobello
are you talking about on the box of the claybar? if so they just ran the pic as is and the before and after is actually the texture of the box, before its rough and bumpy and after its glassy smooth
Yes, I was talking about the pic on the box. I haven't seen it in person so I hadn't thought about the box itself being textured . BTW, congrats on the modeling gig!