2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My car draws too much attention to itself!

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/06, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know why, but I hardly ever get challenged by ricers or much anyone else. I was expecting to get revved at all the time, but it's only really happened once in the four months I've owned mine. Some guy in a mid '90's Maxima with a body kit and a 6 inch exhaust was staring me down at a light so I just smiled at him and slowly rolled through the intersection once the light changed. He stayed back a good 3-4 car lengths before doing the ricer fly-by and making a left at the next street.

I usually just get the guys in Chevy Blazers etc., who stomp on the gas next to you at stoplights. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 07:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just keep a box of "Minute Rice" handy in the passenger seat to hold up. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(06GT @ March 11, 2006, 9:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just keep a box of "Minute Rice" handy in the passenger seat to hold up. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

now that is a funny... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] ... i was sitting in a parking lot, dropping the top in Michigan, yes 60's today, and i had an SC'd Thunderbird and a Riced out Subaru do a slow drive by to park----too funny----what HP will an SC Thunderbird pull---I am talking like one from the late 80's early 90's? not the re-design retro?
Old 3/12/06, 03:45 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thunderbird SuperCoupe was a 3.8L Supercharged V6
I don't remember specifically the numbers....

Maybe between 210-230hp?
I could be WAY off on that, its just a guess.
Old 3/13/06, 08:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stoenr @ March 9, 2006, 8:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No offense, I would be on your **** too if you were going 5 under the limit, or pass if acceptable.
I havent had one person rev, or try anything yet. Its been about 5200 miles and Im getting disapointed!
[/b][/quote]

Hey John, no offense, but when I was going 40 during that story, it wasn't on a highway, but a normal road, with really bad potholes. and several steep up and down hills. It's also a street where deer are a common nuissance. They jump out of the fields, and woods that line the road all the time. I don't know about you, but I don't want one jumping out at me and I can't do nothing about it. I can still remember vividly, 6 months ago or so, going up my street, almost home, driving the speed limit (35), not even thinking about a deer, and all of a sudden one stops in its tracks at the side of the road. Had he ran across, my V6 company car I drive for work would have been toast! That night still stays in my mind when its foggy or really dark out. That's why I was driving 5 under in that story. On certain streets, especially that one in my story, I'm always careful! I'm sorry that I was driving that slow (40 in a 45) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06, 08:12 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Jeff...I can vouche for that.

We have very hilly areas around here too... and sometimes depending on the weather and time of day, its not safe to run the speed limit.
I know exactly what you are talking about.

Yet you get some smartdonkey wanting to do twice the speed limit and ride your tail...and he'll poke out 80 times waiting to pass....

Tough luck ... I'm going slower for safety, not to be a jerk.
Old 3/13/06, 08:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Pete, thanks for the support. Don't know what got into that guy with his post about how I drive. My car is my baby, I waited 6 months for it, my 1st car purchase, new or used! On the road I was talking about, I take it easy, especially at night. Thanks again for the backup. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/13/06, 11:36 AM
FR500 Member

I personally don't get challenged much at lights. All these rice rockets around here are too busy staring at my car... wishing they had gotten beans instead of rice... to pay attention to the light or try to race. I do get challenged a lot on the highways and interstate. I guess because they think they can somehow keep up with me at high rpm's. Some souped-up Tiburon with dual fart cans, stickers all over it, and a huge hideous spoiler tried to race me when I had my car over the weekend. This thing was heavily worked on... although mostly exterior stuff. It even had one of those baby nitrous bottles up next to the front windshield. We were on the interstate and I was behind them in the right lane. I get over in the left lane to go around them and a slower car coming up in the right lane when they cut me off to try and keep me from going around them and the other car. I got back in the right lane and we both floored it. Wasn't even close... I pulled in front of them way before the car in the right lane came up, and then was on my way. Let's just say the look on their faces when I flew by them was priceless.
Old 3/13/06, 05:05 PM
GT Member

Had a new GTO challenge me going home the other night. Knowing he has close to 200hp on me, I didn't even bother. I just stayed behind him on the highway and when he got on it, I got on it too, but never raced him because it would have wasted my time. A lot of ricers out here though and get challenged quite frequently. Mostly old civics and accords. Sometimes I give them the time of day but most of the time I let them just take off.
Old 4/14/06, 05:15 PM

Not getting mine until July I find this all very interesting. I get this on my Harley all the time as well. And most Hondas too. So I figured once I get behind the whell of the new car I would get my self a nice laminated poster to flash:

Your not worth the gas!

May seems silly, but waiting 25 years for this moment means I have no desire to loose what has taken so long to earn.

Drive safe!
Old 4/14/06, 11:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hey at least they want to race you. All they want is to see the pwer of the Mustang. But once they hear aftermarket exhaust, theyre too chicken to race.

F.Y.I. You ricers out there, Exhaust only gives you on average 10 more HP.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ March 13, 2006, 1:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I personally don't get challenged much at lights. All these rice rockets around here are too busy staring at my car... wishing they had gotten beans instead of rice... to pay attention to the light or try to race. I do get challenged a lot on the highways and interstate. I guess because they think they can somehow keep up with me at high rpm's. Some souped-up Tiburon with dual fart cans, stickers all over it, and a huge hideous spoiler tried to race me when I had my car over the weekend. This thing was heavily worked on... although mostly exterior stuff. It even had one of those baby nitrous bottles up next to the front windshield. We were on the interstate and I was behind them in the right lane. I get over in the left lane to go around them and a slower car coming up in the right lane when they cut me off to try and keep me from going around them and the other car. I got back in the right lane and we both floored it. Wasn't even close... I pulled in front of them way before the car in the right lane came up, and then was on my way. Let's just say the look on their faces when I flew by them was priceless.
[/b][/quote]
As I said, its all about Mustang power. Has anyone noticed that most ricers own imports. Hey theyre only digging their own car's grave trying to challenge a Mustang.
Old 4/15/06, 07:50 AM

its pretty bad in the mustang, but nowhere near as bad as on my sportbike (gsx-r 1000) i'll get everyone from kia sephia's to porsche 911's coming up along side of me on the highway tossing rev's some idiots telling me to pull wheelies and such. really after thinking about it, it's really not that bad in the mustang in comparison.
Old 4/15/06, 08:03 AM
Cobra Member

man,the likeness of these cars will never end.