2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My car draws too much attention to itself!

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/06, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only had my car for about a week now and it seems like every idiot on the road seems to think they have something to prove whenever they get next to me. I can just be minding my own business doing 30 mph down a city street and some donkey doughnut in a Honda will do a fly-by. The other night some guy in an Expedition floored it at a stop light just because I got on it a LITTLE, which I do pretty much at every light.

Anyone else get this much crap? It's gonna get old, let me tell you.

Tony
Old 3/9/06, 04:48 AM
Bullitt Member

yea, i get a bunch of kids in 5 liters peelin out next to me and stuff like that, every once in a while i'll show em whose boss though [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/burnout.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 05:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ahhh the joys of owning an s197, gotta love it. I don't get too much of that where I live... unfortunately, I'd like to redline it up to 50 once in a while. When I do get it, it's usually an M3 or a Z, boring.
Old 3/9/06, 07:55 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Loud Exhausts turn that magnet up to 11....
Old 3/9/06, 09:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

I know what your talking about. It seems people try to prove something when your next to them or passing them.
Old 3/9/06, 09:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My car must be too intimidating. I have yet to be challenged.
Old 3/9/06, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boomer @ March 9, 2006, 9:58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Loud Exhausts turn that magnet up to 11....
[/b][/quote]

I noticed that. Put my flowmasters on about a week ago, it's like an idiot magnet. I love the ricers that sit at a light and rev. I guess they are trying to impress me with thier fartcans.
Old 3/9/06, 09:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

This happens with any sporty car...my friend had G35 Coupe and complained about the same thing. He even gets it in his TL at times now too! I just ignore them for the most part [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 09:41 AM
GT Member

In the wild the prey will put on a show to try and make the predator think it's more powerful than it looks. Funny how it also applies to the streets with some insecure and jealous human beings. Those lesser vehicles are threatened by your 300 horses and thus feel the need to put on a show. We all know who is predator and who is prey. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

btw, the less your car looks like stock the less of that crap you will have to deal with in my experience. It seems the jealousy of others turns to admiration. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 09:58 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1200custom @ March 9, 2006, 11:25 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I noticed that. Put my flowmasters on about a week ago, it's like an idiot magnet. I love the ricers that sit at a light and rev. I guess they are trying to impress me with thier fartcans.
[/b][/quote]

lol gotta say, i love the flowmasters. i also have the offroad x and when people revv, ill revv back and they will shut right up
Old 3/9/06, 11:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
I've been challenged one time - by a shirtless unibrow in a nearly 20 year old Taurus SHO. He went nuts on the accelerator at a light and nearly lost control of the car - twice - before he had gone 200 yards.

Then I watched as the marked cruiser I had seen - but he obviously had not - pulled out and pulled him over for a visit. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 12:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1200custom @ March 9, 2006, 8:25 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] Good one, Mark!

Guess the same thing will happen to me when I get the FRPP/Borla's installed; looking forward to it!
Old 3/9/06, 01:37 PM
Cobra R Member

I gotta tell ya, since I put my H-pipe on, I get alot LESS challenges. It sounds so much more intimidating, like the car has 400+ hp.

As a wise warrior once said, the greatest victories are won without fighting.....a deep V8 rumble strikes fear into the hearts of most ricers [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 01:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rebel73 @ March 9, 2006, 12:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I gotta tell ya, since I put my H-pipe on, I get alot LESS challenges. It sounds so much more intimidating, like the car has 400+ hp.

As a wise warrior once said, the greatest victories are won without fighting.....a deep V8 rumble strikes fear into the hearts of most ricers [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
And that warrior would be General Sun Tzu.
Old 3/9/06, 01:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tony, I know exactly how you feel. Around 8 pm on Sunday night, I had some idiot punk kid in a P-O-S Accord, with 1 headlight out, and a fart-can exhaust pull up next to me at a light, and he revved it. I sat there quietly. When the light turned green and all the cars ahead of me started moving, I gave it a decent amount of gas, and let out the clutch, and drove away normally. fast forward 5 minutes. I'm now driving down the road that takes me to my street, and what do I see in my rearview? YES, that punk in his Accord, flying to catch me. I'm doing 40, the limit is 45 on this road, and he is ON MY A^% for 10 miles. I can't even see his 1 headlight, he's thatclose! I give him some flashes of my sequentials, but he still won't back off. When the road turns into 2 lanes, near the supermarket, he does the stupid fly-by, turns @ the light on red (without stopping) into the shopping center, speeds around the edge of the parking lot, and leaves out the back entrance. I'm sitting in my car, wondering, WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] . I guess he wanted to pass a GT, and tell his friends he ran with me. I have 2 points on my licence till April, and then they'll be gone. I may get on it from a stop, but I'm not running with ANYONE!! My car is a magnet for idiot rice burners and street racers. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] , but I can handle this, since I got a better sounding car, than their silly 4-cylinders. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 03:52 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 9, 2006, 12:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
And that warrior would be General Sun Tzu.
[/b][/quote]
Ahhh, very good [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

The Art of War [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/starwars.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 05:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I had a semi tractor try me on the freeway....it was hilarious. I was passing him, minding my own business with the cruise control on, suddenly he takes off...well as much as he could, even without a trailer in tow. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 05:53 PM
Cobra Member

I used to always get challenged, seems to have died off considerably since I put the loud mouths on. I still get SUV's and pick ups wanting some quite often but the F-body guys and imports don't bother me much.
Old 3/9/06, 05:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It seems no matter how fast I'm going some people just have to pass me. I figure it's just to get a look at the front end too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 05:57 PM
V6 Member

I got rev'd by a 98-2000 civic with full primer paint. He had so many bright blue gauges in his car, I was wondering how he was able to see.

Funny thing is, he rev'd me on a red in a 2 lane street with 7 cars in front of us. D'uh!

Quick Reply: My car draws too much attention to itself!