2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My car draws too much attention to itself!

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/06, 06:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ March 9, 2006, 3:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
...I'm doing 40, the limit is 45 on this road, and he is ON MY A^% for 10 miles. I can't even see his 1 headlight, he's thatclose! ......[/b][/quote]

No offense, I would be on your **** too if you were going 5 under the limit, or pass if acceptable.

I havent had one person rev, or try anything yet. Its been about 5200 miles and Im getting disapointed!
Old 3/9/06, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just gonna keep a small sign in my car and hold it up for the ricers to read.. Hmmmm What should the sign read. " I laugh at ricers" U think the fart can exhaust gives you 400 hp?" "I don't waste gas on POS ricers" someone help me out here.
Old 3/9/06, 07:57 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ March 9, 2006, 6:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm just gonna keep a small sign in my car and hold it up for the ricers to read.. Hmmmm What should the sign read. " I laugh at ricers" U think the fart can exhaust gives you 400 hp?" "I don't waste gas on POS ricers" someone help me out here.
[/b][/quote]

Got rice? No dice!

Tony
Old 3/9/06, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony407 @ March 9, 2006, 10:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Got rice? No dice!

Tony
[/b][/quote]
Good one !!good one!! keep em comin .
Wait a minute I just noticed something Your name is Tony_ so is mine. You ordered a Black 2006 Gt coupe- So did I. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 08:18 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ March 9, 2006, 7:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Good one !!good one!! keep em comin .
Wait a minute I just noticed something Your name is Tony_ so is mine. You ordered a Black 2006 Gt coupe- So did I. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Very cool, Tony!

I don't suppose you also have a Merlot 2001 Nissan Maxima SE/AE and a White 2001 Chevy S10 ZR2?

Tony
Old 3/9/06, 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony407 @ March 9, 2006, 10:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Very cool, Tony!

I don't suppose you also have a Merlot 2001 Nissan Maxima SE/AE and a White 2001 Chevy S10 ZR2?

Tony
[/b][/quote]
Funny that you say that. I just bought a Chevy S10 with a blown motor> I 'm taking the 350 out of my suburban ond dropping it in the S10. New 350 motor and transmission. Gonna be a tight squeeze but I have some great gear head friends. It's gonna be my new winter car!!!
Old 3/9/06, 11:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ March 9, 2006, 12:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My car must be too intimidating. I have yet to be challenged.
[/b][/quote]
+1/2 ... ?

I've only had one "Challenge" and it was last summer by a Celica GT [wing & exhaust included] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] I do notice a lot more idiots driving around my car though. Its like people see these cars and lose IQ points... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

And the off-road pipe attracts attention, but no one has revved on me since then... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 11:54 PM
FR500 Member

well here in stupid new jersey, the land of rice and garbage imports...i cant wait to see what gets next to me today. usually its the ugly hondas with fart cans and all that garbage.

story: last week i stop at a light that just turned red. of course me with my windows down, i lower the volume on my radio because i knew there was a rice next to me. i hear him revv!! soo i look over and laugh and he does it again....soo im like ok!! i revv right back at him and i pumped the gas like 3 times. now with the offroads on my car, its loud and he just stopped and kinda looked away and grabbed his wheel. soo i got on it alittle at the light and put him in his place then got in front of him, he gets in the left and passes me...yea, he sure showed me
Old 3/10/06, 08:01 AM
Cobra R Member

as a member of the thin blue line club. I have had several "Offers" to show what I got under the hood. Most of the time, I smile and wave and ignore the idiots (unless I am in my zone of control....in that case, I call one of my associates and it is handled). I was out of town and had a 01 cobra who went out of his way to show his butt. I finally had to wave some metal at him (the kind that pins on a blue shirt) and he disappeard really really fast.

Guess you never know who is in the car next to you.
Old 3/10/06, 10:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ March 9, 2006, 9:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

How about "your not worth it" or a simple thumbs down ususlly works for me. Don't know if GT's get treated any different, but I get reved on a lot. The two best ones was one guy mid 60's in a riced out late 80's chevy truck, the thing had "pops Toy" written on the front bug sheild it was kind of sad....., the other was a Camaro not sure of the year, one of the newer ones though. Poor kid though he reved and then when the light went green he stepped on it and stalled, the car sounded absolutly horrible and as I pulled away (normal speed of course) I felt really sorry for him. Still the reving has gone down to near nothing sine I put on the louvers and racing stripes.
Old 3/10/06, 01:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For your sign, why not get the 'Calvin peeing on Ford/Chevy' sticker and put "Ricers" there instead? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/10/06, 01:20 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blk05stang @ March 9, 2006, 8:44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
In the wild the prey will put on a show to try and make the predator think it's more powerful than it looks. Funny how it also applies to the streets with some insecure and jealous human beings. Those lesser vehicles are threatened by your 300 horses and thus feel the need to put on a show. We all know who is predator and who is prey. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

btw, the less your car looks like stock the less of that crap you will have to deal with in my experience. It seems the jealousy of others turns to admiration. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I have noticed that "Blower Whine" really takes the wind out of their sail's... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/10/06, 01:42 PM
FR500 Member

i actually just got a thumbs up from a 98 GT vert a few minutes ago [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/10/06, 08:55 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RaGsHoCkEy88 @ March 10, 2006, 2:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
i actually just got a thumbs up from a 98 GT vert a few minutes ago [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Hey Rags,

How loud are those Flowmasters on your GT?
Old 3/10/06, 10:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Hey guys, I got revved at by a guy in a 2000 or so GT today as I was passing him by.

Now, I'm not sure how to interpret that. Is it a greeting or a challenge? Happened last week also with a fox body GT.
Old 3/10/06, 11:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

I never get messed with even though I'm practically asking for it with FRPP/Borlas, aftermarket rims and fairly beefy tires.

Sucks, I kinda wanna have some fun...[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 02:50 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 9, 2006, 3:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
And that warrior would be General Sun Tzu.
[/b][/quote]

i like General Tso better

makes some crazy chicken [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 07:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

I seemed to get reved on usually by ricers sometimes by other mustangs or camaro's. I followed a LS1 Corvette last night I think he thought i wanted to race as i had followed him down several roads. I just happened to be trying to get to the highway the same back way he was. Once we got on it we both took off he had to turn off I put my window down and waved and he gave a honk. His license plate read "LS1 KID"

Then this morning on my way home, a 90s SVT mustang with a cowl induction hood and when he reved on me I could hear a blower, I knew he had more under the hood then I did that thing sounded MEAN. Made me JEALOUS, but we didnt race just saying Hello.
Old 3/11/06, 07:59 AM
Cobra Member

Edmonton, Alberta is like a theme from "The Twilight Zone" when it comes to bad drivers ( Ray thinks he is driving in Edmonton but actually he is in the twilight zone!) Especially nutbars in pickup trucks that want to race you at every light. I typically punch it off the white line but as soon as I get to the speed limit I back off. This drives truck owners nuts as 95% of the trucks do not have the same initial pickup. Then you have the group that drive Asian products, thats another story altogether!
Old 3/11/06, 11:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

2 quick idiot related stories. On monday i'm driving home from work casually and I pass this riced out cobalt. No sooner do I get a few car lengths on him, do I see him shoot over 2 lanes to get behind me and then gun it to ride my bumper (i'm doing about 70 so not going slow at all). He was like an annoying mosquito so I gun it and leave him way back there and then go on my way. 2 minutes later, what do I see ridign my bumper agaun, the same little dip!@#$. This went on the whole 20 min ride home.

Then last night i'm waiting for ym brother tog et out of work and am sitting in the mall parking lot mindign ym own business when this POS 70's car(no idea what it was) oulls up near me and tried doing a burn out, but successfully scrapes his rear bumper on the pavement and no burnout. He circles around me, and tried it again, and again. This went on for 10 min and I sat there laughing. He finally managed one(I think it would qualify) and drove off.

Some people...

Quick Reply: My car draws too much attention to itself!