2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My 2007 GT will be here June 21st!

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/06, 04:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pitpup
LOL. I think if I ordered the car at the spur of the moment three months ago, I prolly wouldn't be this way. But I 've been waiting for my S197 since the fall of 2004. I started a post last year that asked TMS members if they knew the color code for the GT-R. I had visions of getting a Perf White GT and painting it orange. Gave up on that idea, decided last fall to order a Vista Blue GT in March, 2006. Lo and behold (only old farts can say L&B) Ford announced Grabbah, Grabbah in Feb and the opportunity to order in March!!! So out went the VB '06, in came the GO '07.

And the rest, is history. Thank you for the complement saying I sounded 20. I re-read the posts and it sounds more like 16!!! Bless your heart... Oh, and did I mention it's 8 days to go? No?? Funny, thought I just did!
i am glad you took that the right way...i didnt want you to think that i thought you sounded immature
Old 6/13/06, 05:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear ya, Tres... this is my 50th birthday present to myself. Geez. Fifty. Sounds funny just saying it. Hey! I'm on old fart. Who knew?
I still am trying to come to grips with the fact that I'm not in my "early 40's" anymore. Man!! I still feel like I did when I was a teenage kid turning wrenches in the drive, but somewhere along the line someone stacked a bunch of years on my back and threw all this responsibility my way 50 is coming on far too fast and I'll be saying the same thing to myself that you probably are: "I can't be 50! That's the age of old people! That ain't me!" LOL!
Old 6/13/06, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Just remember...we are not "old farts".....

We are "dirty old men....in training"
Old 6/14/06, 07:22 AM
Cobra Member

Not that I'd waste the money for THIS vanity plate, but I wonder if this would fly with DMV:

OLDF RT
Old 6/14/06, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Stan, is that ISELLFORD's GT in your avatar?Did I mention its Grabber range?
Oh "wait", I forgot he has a convertible, but it has been built, stop cleaning out the garage and get the camera ready because it's gonna be close!
Old 6/15/06, 07:11 AM
Cobra Member

Hey, it's not ISELLFORD's either. That's actually a Screaming Yellow GT and I tweaked the hue to come up with what will prove to be the exact shade of Grabbah, Grabbah. (I've seen the 8"x11" sheet. I hit it on the head.)I'm so excited... I bought film for my digital camera. Did mention its Grabber range? Funny... THOUGHT I JUST DID!
Old 6/15/06, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Customer Relations just told me my order status is Bucked with a departure date of June 19. Guess I'll have to hurry and get the garage cleaned out.

Chip in SC
Old 6/15/06, 10:56 AM
Cobra R Member

man cvant wait to see the cars form the new model year
Old 6/15/06, 11:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ipchay61
Customer Relations just told me my order status is Bucked with a departure date of June 19. Guess I'll have to hurry and get the garage cleaned out.

Chip in SC
Called Customer Service. Car will be here 6/22 (Thursday). I hit them up for the 'born on date'. He came back with, and I quote, "January 6th." I said, "Don't you mean June 6th?" He agreed.

See! The bad stuff is happening already and the car isn't even here yet.
Old 6/15/06, 12:26 PM
Cobra Member

And now for the good news!

Just called our order processing center as my GT vert has dropped out of the system since it was built on 6/5 and released from the plant [they lie; happens all the time].
There are 5,000 Mustangs on quality hold, period. They had no additional info. I had an ETA of yesterday but the car is still on hold even though the status says released from the plant.
They told me to call my regional rep so i just sent off an email. i will advise what i find out.
Old 6/15/06, 12:39 PM
Cobra Member

I would be interested to hear what they say. My orig. ETA was 6/15. Was changed to 6/21 before I could exhale. As my earlier post says, the latest ETA is 6/22.

Never thought about the quality hold. My dealership emailed to say it was still 'released from plant', which I understand means it is on a lot awaiting a rail car.

Keep me posted. Also, how negotiable is that $312 advertisement fee I see on the bottom of my copy of the invoice?

Thanks...

Stan
Old 6/15/06, 01:29 PM
Cobra Member

I would be interested to hear what they say. My orig. ETA was 6/15. Was changed to 6/22 before I could exhale. As my earlier post says, current ETA is 6/22.

Never thought about the quality hold. My dealership emailed to say it was still 'released from plant', which I understand means it is on a lot awaiting a rail car.

Keep me posted. Also, how negotiable is that $312 advertisement fee I see on the bottom of my copy of the invoice?

Thanks...

Stan
My status also showed released from plant but it wasn't.
The FDAF advertising fee is stamped in gold from Ford. The ONLY way to get out of it is to be a major fleet buyer or a government agency, sorry.
Old 6/15/06, 02:04 PM
Cobra Member

All righty then. Had to ask. Thank you...
Old 6/15/06, 09:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Ed,

My dealership here in the Chicago burbs called me shortly before 9am this morning to let me know the car had arrived. My car was built on the 8th. I have my fingers crossed that yours comes tomorrow. Mine can't be the only one that was shipped from the plant.
Old 6/16/06, 04:19 AM
Bullitt Member

My status changed overnight (!!!!) and my delivery date moved up too!! It now says: "As of June 15th, 2006, your vehicle has been released by the foreign assembly plant with an estimated time of arrival week of June 25th."

Chip, has your's changed??

Also, anyone know what's up with the "released from the foreign assembly plant"?? Is my stang the first one to be made in Mexico??? I've never heard or seen that message posted before.
Old 6/16/06, 05:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Bob99b5
My status changed overnight (!!!!) and my delivery date moved up too!! It now says: "As of June 15th, 2006, your vehicle has been released by the foreign assembly plant with an estimated time of arrival week of June 25th."

Also, anyone know what's up with the "released from the foreign assembly plant"?? Is my stang the first one to be made in Mexico??? I've never heard or seen that message posted before.
It is not built in Mexico. The plant is a joint venture with mazda, hence "Foreign" as they own the factory.
Old 6/16/06, 05:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ISELLFORD
The plant is a joint venture with mazda, hence "Foreign" as they own the factory.
Funny! I could swear I ordered 'S197' off the FORD menu. S197 off the 'take-out' menu is a Combination Platter...
Old 6/16/06, 06:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bob99b5

As of 6:00am this morning, VOPC still says I'm scheduled to be built wk of June 12 and ETA wk of July 1. I'll probably call Customer Relations around lunchtime and check with VOPC again as well.

Chip
Old 6/16/06, 07:02 AM
Bullitt Member

My cousin, who is the Fleet Manager at a local SVT Dealership and the one who ordered my Mustang, says I'm still scheduled for delivery during the week of June 25. He told me this two weeks ago and confirmed it again this morning.

Chip
Old 6/16/06, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ipchay61
As of 6:00am this morning, VOPC still says I'm scheduled to be built wk of June 12 and ETA wk of July 1. I'll probably call Customer Relations around lunchtime and check with VOPC again as well.

Chip
I just got off the phone with customer service and was told my car was built on 6/15 (the day after my birthday, shoot!). They also confirmed the estimated delivery date is June 25th, but she also said there was a note in there that said:

"June 19th estimated schedule date (to)".

Anyone know what that means? I'm guessing that that means that it's going to get transferred to the convoy or rail carrier on Monday the 19th?? She didn't have any shipping info and she couldn't tell me if it was on the way to me, or if it was still at the plant awaiting shipment.

Quick Reply: My 2007 GT will be here June 21st!