2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My '07 is so close I can smell it....

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/06, 09:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Tres, Master of the '07 Interior Color Choices, congrats to you! Your vehicle's PTP, with KR and IUP, is A-OK!
Old 8/5/06, 10:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tres Wright

And I love the dealership and everything, but REALLY what is with the stick-on letters? Argh! They'll be coming off right away, but I wanted to take a photo for posterity's sake
I wish that people would just not accept delivery with these things on...tell him you charge $600/month to pimp for him...
Old 8/5/06, 11:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
Congrats! The red and red is awesome. You must be very happy.
Thank you! I'm still a little surprised it's here, as of yesterday morning I figured it was still a few weeks out. I'm still in that wierd state where it doesn't seem like it's my car yet

Originally Posted by 07VistaGT
You guys are so lucky, I ordered mine on 21 Jul and I won't get mine til the end of Oct.
Ouch! Well, getting exactly what you want is worth the wait, right?

Originally Posted by SellFords2
Hey Tres,
I see that you got the pics up right away..awsome looking car! As I told you at the dealership everyone was in a daze looking at it either parked in front or even when I was filling it up with gas.
I want my Stang now! lol
Congrats again and thank you again for your business!
See ya Monday.
Donny
Hey Donny! Thanks again for everything, you treated me great through the whole process, you made it quite painless, heck, even enjoyable Good luck getting your move taken care of, hopefully I'll see a new orange GT prowling the streets soon after

Originally Posted by Dbl E GT
Tres-
Very sweet ride... good luck ! I really like that shifter and trim piece. I wonder what it would cost to change mine when I get my 07'.
Dbl E GT
Thanks! Email Kevin at Clevenger, I'm pretty sure that shift **** and boot/ bezel piece is in his hot sheets. If I remember right, the boot w/ bezel has to be bought together and was a bit pricey at something like 120 bucks.

Originally Posted by 66FastbackGT
Tres,
Congrats on your ride. Enjoy. Great pics. My current ride is 05 Torch Red Vert. 5-speed, dk charcoal interior. Love it, but the 07 with comfort option (for the little lady to see over the day) gave us the opportunity to change the color - goin' with triple black this time. What the h..... . My first 05 was torch red deluxe 5-speed. Had it for two months - orderet the vert.
Wow, you're going through Mustangs like crazy My '05 was black, it looked awesome when it was clean but just like everyone says, it doesn't stay that way for long! Black Mustangs are hot looking though.

Originally Posted by MrLatte
Lookin' mighty sweet!!! Congrats on the new car!! Nice car and nice pics! That is a good shot of the shifter. Just a few questions:

1. Is the e-brake handle stitched as well with the PTP?
2. What type and brand are the tires with the 18" wheels?
3. That looks like just the plate attached with a minimal bracket. Did you find out anything about that other bracket?
4. How different are the WebElectric sequentials for 07 over the 06s? I just read TacoBill's detailed installation thread and would be interested in the differences in 07.
Thank you! On the questions...
1. No, it's the same e-brake handle as the other models. The Shelby comes with a stitched handle and it's reported to be an easy swap though. I may do that. Looks like it would match the other PTP parts really well.
2. Let me look..... Goodrich G-Force T/A 235/50 ZR18
3. There's no bracket at all, it's screwed right to the bumper. I haven't had time to look for the alternate bracket yet.
4. I believe the light sockets are the difference. Apparently these photos show the difference although I can't tell by looking at them:

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...splay/635.html

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Tres, Master of the '07 Interior Color Choices, congrats to you! Your vehicle's PTP, with KR and IUP, is A-OK!
LOL! Thanks, I'm glad it didn't have black seats in this case, it would have looked wierd with a red dash and black seats

Originally Posted by flashfearless
I wish that people would just not accept delivery with these things on...tell him you charge $600/month to pimp for him...
Honestly in this case I don't mind advertising for these guys because they were great to deal with. They gave me a fantastic price (100 bucks under invoice) with no negotiating. They handled the closing very well and Donny was fantastic throughout the entire ordering/ waiting/ buying process. I'll leave the license plate frames on there a while and will certainly tell others about how great the dealership and Donny are. But those stick-on letters had to go, haha!
Old 8/5/06, 11:59 PM
Cobra Member

For "Dbl E GT", I did some digging and found Kevin's threads about the shifter **** and boot:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...7&postcount=11
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=49593

He doesn't like for the prices to be posted on the 'net because they're subject to change so frequently. If you email him and put "hotsheets" in the subject line, you'll get an auto-email with his current pricing.
Old 8/6/06, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Congratulations Tres, the car looks fantastic, glad to see the interior was what you were expecting! Looks great with the Torch Red.
Can't wait to see the spoiler put on. Have you decided upon which spoiler?
Thanks for all your work on the "mysteries of the interiors". I left a question for you in Tony Alonso's thread on his car, once you get a chance, see if you can take a shot at it. No hurry, enjoy the car first. Again congratulations!
Old 8/6/06, 04:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by incomingRPG
Congratulations Tres, the car looks fantastic, glad to see the interior was what you were expecting! Looks great with the Torch Red.
Can't wait to see the spoiler put on. Have you decided upon which spoiler?
Thanks for all your work on the "mysteries of the interiors". I left a question for you in Tony Alonso's thread on his car, once you get a chance, see if you can take a shot at it. No hurry, enjoy the car first. Again congratulations!
Many thanks! I'm thinking about the Street Scenes spoiler although I've read a few posts that concern me about the fitment. It sounds like the CDC version has better fitment, but I don't like that it blocks the 3rd brake light. I've got a 3rd brake light on the light bar, but it's only active when the top is down.

I answered your question in the other thread, it shouldn't be a problem getting the IUP and SAP together. That should look really cool in fact
Old 8/6/06, 07:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Many thanks! I'm thinking about the Street Scenes spoiler although I've read a few posts that concern me about the fitment. It sounds like the CDC version has better fitment, but I don't like that it blocks the 3rd brake light. I've got a 3rd brake light on the light bar, but it's only active when the top is down.
I've got the Street Scenes ducktail being painted tomorrow, so it should be on the car by Tuesday. I did a test fit and the main thing I see is that you have to carefully line up the pieces.

I'll have some pictures hopefully by Tuesday night or Wednesday morning to share.
Old 8/6/06, 07:48 PM
Cobra Member

Great, let me know how it goes. Did you have to do any modifications to the pieces during test fitting?
Old 8/6/06, 08:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Great, let me know how it goes. Did you have to do any modifications to the pieces during test fitting?
None at all...just looks you have to be careful when you line them up, otherwise the gaps between each piece of the spoiler might not be the same measurement.
Old 8/8/06, 08:27 AM
GT Member

For "Dbl E GT", I did some digging and found Kevin's threads about the shifter **** and boot:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...7&postcount=11
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=49593

He doesn't like for the prices to be posted on the 'net because they're subject to change so frequently. If you email him and put "hotsheets" in the subject line, you'll get an auto-email with his current pricing.

Tres-
Thank you for your efforts. You've definitely got to be the hardest working thread member here !
Anyway, I just sent him an email to get the pricing .. we'll see how expensive ??

thanks again !
Old 8/8/06, 12:55 PM
Cobra Member

Tony, thanks for the info! I'll watch for your pics. I'm on the fence between this one and the 3DCarbon 3 piece spoiler.

Dbl E, no problem! I think those parts are a bit pricey. If I remember, the boot & bezel was around 120 bucks. I saw the shifter **** go on eBay for around 60. Ain't cheap!
Old 8/8/06, 01:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

TW - Looking good! Congrats!
Old 8/8/06, 09:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tony, thanks for the info! I'll watch for your pics. I'm on the fence between this one and the 3DCarbon 3 piece spoiler.
Teaser photos here...I'll get better ones during the day.
Old 8/12/06, 11:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
TW - Looking good! Congrats!
Thanks! I finally got it back from the dealer yesterday after having a dash rattle fixed and a paint imperfection touched up. The paint imperfection ended up being some seam sealer that the factory missed before spraying the paint on. The dash rattle was due to a bad door latch that was allowing the door to vibrate. I picked it up last Saturday and took it back in on Monday, didn't get it back until yesterday (Friday). First stop was the car wash, it was filthy! It's looking new again now though

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Teaser photos here...I'll get better ones during the day.
Looks very nice, I'm going to order one from Kevin on Monday along with the leather Shelby emergency brake lever I've also got the sequential turn signals due any day. I've got a trunk blackout to install and black taillight trim. Borla exhaust will probably follow next.
Old 8/12/06, 06:44 PM
Cobra Member

Pictures of first batch of mod's here:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...822#post717822
Old 8/12/06, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a B-E-A-U-T-Y!!!
Old 8/12/06, 06:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

duplicate
Old 8/12/06, 06:57 PM
GT Member

Pictures of first batch of mod's here:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...822#post717822
Tres-
Might be a stupid question, but is the CDC Light Bar an actual roll bar, which is intended to protect oocupants in the event of a rollover? Or is this just cosmetic?
Old 8/12/06, 07:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Alloy 07 RN
What a B-E-A-U-T-Y!!!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Alloy 07 RN
duplicate
Tell me twice, I love hearing it

Originally Posted by Dbl E GT
Tres-
Might be a stupid question, but is the CDC Light Bar an actual roll bar, which is intended to protect oocupants in the event of a rollover? Or is this just cosmetic?
CDC goes out of their way to tell everyone that it is not intended for rollover protection. The mounting system is VERY solid, but unfortunately no two point roll bar stands much of a chance with the kinds of forces involved in a rollover. I imagine there is some small benefit over stock to having it in there, but really I just did it for looks.
Old 8/12/06, 10:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Tres,
I'm a little late but wanted to say that is a great looking car. The color combo is very nice. I noticed in the other thread that you are gonna do the SS Ducktail, Can't wait to see pics of that. Congrats !!!

nanner time and one more ...

Quick Reply: My '07 is so close I can smell it....