2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My '07 is so close I can smell it....

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/06, 01:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My '07 is so close I can smell it....

Just got an email from the dealership, my '07 GT vert is here!!! It's in the railyard, so it still needs to make the trip from there to the dealership. They think it will by in hand on Monday. I asked them to let me know as soon as it is there even if it's not prepped yet. I ordered it 06-09, so it took just under 2 months to arrive. Not too bad Here's what I ordered:

2007 GT premium vert
Torch red
Premium Trim Package/ KR (crimson red) interior/ IUP (satin)
5 speed
Cloth top
Comfort group
GT appearance package
64W wheels
3:55 ratio

Close to nanner time
Old 8/4/06, 01:33 PM
GT Member

Tres-
Wish you all the best in picking up your new baby ! I just started this wait and ordered my GT/CS vert on 8/2/06. So I guess late Sept. I can expect mine.

Post some pictures of her after you bring her home and had a chance to try here out.

Dbl E GT
Old 8/4/06, 04:10 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks, and congrats on yours too

I just got another email, the salesman is going by to pick it up this evening and it'll be ready tomorrow! That caught me off guard, I was settled in for a bit of a wait!
Old 8/4/06, 04:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats TW. I ordered mine on 6/22 and changed the order on 6/25. The dealership submitted the change order, however, Ford never pulled it... My original order will be here on 8/14, the day my changed order is scheduled to be built. The dealership is getting two of the exactly same Mustangs, within two weeks of each other, except one will have black/dove PTP/IUP(Did not want) and the other will have the charcoal PTP/IUP. An extra two week wait saved me an additional gran for my inconvenience so I'm not too upset- YES I AM! I want it yesterday. I've already got the exhaust, black bulletts wheels w/spinners, and some other mods, in my basement. I'm thinking about putting a chair between the exhaust and wheels, and pretend that I'm driving it. If anyone is interested in a 2007 black prem 5 sp. GT with dove/black PTP/IUP, shaker, 3.55, and active alarm, I'll tell you where it'll be available in 10 days.
Old 8/4/06, 04:54 PM
GT Member

Tres that sounds like a beautiful car.

I almost got the Torch Red but ordered Vista Blue instead.

Here's your first nanner.
Old 8/4/06, 05:07 PM
Bullitt Member

That is awesome news, the railyard must be pretty close to the dealership since you are in Mesquite. Too bad they could not have gone and got it today so you could enjoy it over the weekend.

Here is another nana to tide you over.
Old 8/4/06, 05:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Just got an email from the dealership, my '07 GT vert is here!!! It's in the railyard, so it still needs to make the trip from there to the dealership. They think it will by in hand on Monday. I asked them to let me know as soon as it is there even if it's not prepped yet. I ordered it 06-09, so it took just under 2 months to arrive. Not too bad Here's what I ordered:

2007 GT premium vert
Torch red
Premium Trim Package/ KR (crimson red) interior/ IUP (satin)
5 speed
Cloth top
Comfort group
GT appearance package
64W wheels
3:55 ratio

Close to nanner time
Congrats
Old 8/4/06, 05:51 PM
V6 Member

Tres,

Congratulations!! Hope the rest of us get such a nice early delivery!!!
Old 8/4/06, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Tres,

Congrats! I ordered mine on 6/7/2006 and picked it up this evening on 8/4/2006.

My only question is "can you smell which interior colors you have in the PTP"?
Old 8/5/06, 12:08 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks again guys! Finally some nanners I spent the evening removing things from my '05 that will be going into the '07, the most time consuming bit was pulling the CDC light bar and override switch. It didn't really take that long, but it sure is more fun putting stuff ON a car I finished around 12:30 am and swung by the dealership, sure enough she's sitting behind the building. I'm happy to report that there were no ordering errors, it is exactly what I ordered. Bu it's FILTHY! It was nice to finally see her though

==I'm thinking about putting a chair between the exhaust and wheels, and pretend that I'm driving it.==

LOL! Well that is quite a story! Actually I bet the black will look cool with the black/ dove interior too, so I'm sure they'll have no trouble selling the "extra"!

==That is awesome news, the railyard must be pretty close to the dealership since you are in Mesquite. ==

Thanks! Our cars didn't ride the train together apparently, but they weren't far apart! The dealership is in Terrell which is about 10 miles east of me (Forney) and I'm about 10 miles east of Mesquite. So it is pretty close. They picked it up this evening, but they weren't able to prep it because they picked it up so late.

==Congrats! I ordered mine on 6/7/2006 and picked it up this evening on 8/4/2006.==
So yours came in? Looks like I owe you a couple of these then... Have you posted pics yet?

==My only question is "can you smell which interior colors you have in the PTP"?==

LOL!!!! You know, I was still wondering what the red would look like after all that stuff we found out in the other threads. But I'm happy to report it's what I thought it would be- the color scheme is identical to the 05/ 06 ICAP. It's got PTP, so it does have the stitched dash, armrests & console. It also has the shiny aluminum shift **** and shift boot bezel. I'm not sure if the mats are black or red, they were probably in the trunk. I've got black mats to go in it anyway.

Pictures will follow tomorrow!
Old 8/5/06, 12:14 AM
Cobra Member

Just found your thread Tony, she looks great!! Love the interior!
Old 8/5/06, 05:20 PM
Cobra Member

Well after several hours at the dealership the '07 is finally in my drive! First impressions are very favorable, it is quite a different beast than the '05 V6 vert I was driving. The manual tranny makes it sound and feel a lot more like a musclecar It really handles a lot tighter than the V6 did too, corners on rails. I won't be getting on it too hard until it's broken in, but it's a lot more peppy that the sixxer.

Here are some pics, first couple are the engine cover, the 3rd pic is of a factory paint flaw that will need to be fixed. It is raised up from the surface, it looks almost like a dried piece of paint got blown onto the car during painting. Next two are high res photos of it.
Attached Thumbnails My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010001.jpg   My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010002.jpg   My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010012.jpg   My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010016.jpg   My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010018.jpg  

Old 8/5/06, 05:27 PM
Cobra Member

Here are a few more. I think I can claim to be the first person to post pics of the PTP interior in red!! As you can see, it looks a lot like the old ICAP interior which is also what I had in my 06. The armrests are really nice, they are padded and covered in leather. The console lid and dash are covered in the same leather with the same stitching, but are not padded like the armrests. The PTP shifter and bezel look great, others have said pictures don't do them justice and I have to agree. The **** always looks huge in pictures, but it's not.

And I love the dealership and everything, but REALLY what is with the stick-on letters? Argh! They'll be coming off right away, but I wanted to take a photo for posterity's sake
Attached Thumbnails My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010021.jpg   My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010022.jpg   My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010023.jpg   My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010024.jpg   My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010025.jpg  

My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010026.jpg   My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010027.jpg  
Old 8/5/06, 05:37 PM
Cobra Member

Last couple of pics. I thought I had read the 64W wheels came with spinners, but clearly that isn't the case. No matter, I had a set of black pony spinners on my 05 that I pulled and replaced with the stock Ford spinners before I traded it in. They'll be going on in a few minutes Also here's a closeup of the rolled exhaust tips that come with the GT Appearance Package. They are welded in place. They're the same diameter as the stock GT muffler tips, but the slash angle is different which strangely makes them look smaller. The mufflers are far too quiet, so they'll be getting replaced before long too.

Now that I've taken these photos, time to start putting some mod's on First up will be the stuff I took off my 05- CDC light bar, nicer floor mats, aluminum door pins, wheel spinners, headrest wraps. I've also got a vinyl blackout for the trunk and taillight trim pieces (black) to install. I wasn't able to salvage my sequential turn signals from the 05 because the 07 has different sockets, so I'll be ordering that next. Sometime soon I'll be adding a ducktail spoiler as well (that's why I ordered the spoiler delete) and getting the windows tinted. I'm going to drive it a while before doing any performance mod's just to make sure it doesn't need any warranty work. Then it'll get Borla mufflers, Hurst shifter, intake and tune.
Attached Thumbnails My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010014.jpg   My '07 is so close I can smell it....-p1010015.jpg  
Old 8/5/06, 05:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Conrgrats! The red and red is awesome. You must be very happy.
Old 8/5/06, 05:51 PM
V6 Member

You guys are so lucky, I ordered mine on 21 Jul and I won't get mine til the end of Oct.
Old 8/5/06, 07:07 PM

Hey Tres,
I see that you got the pics up right away..awsome looking car! As I told you at the dealership everyone was in a daze looking at it either parked in front or even when I was filling it up with gas.
I want my Stang now! lol
Congrats again and thank you again for your business!
See ya Monday.
Donny
Old 8/5/06, 07:07 PM
GT Member

Tres-
Very sweet ride... good luck ! I really like that shifter and trim piece. I wonder what it would cost to change mine when I get my 07'.
Dbl E GT
Old 8/5/06, 07:40 PM
V6 Member

Tres,
Congrats on your ride. Enjoy. Great pics. My current ride is 05 Torch Red Vert. 5-speed, dk charcoal interior. Love it, but the 07 with comfort option (for the little lady to see over the day) gave us the opportunity to change the color - goin' with triple black this time. What the h..... . My first 05 was torch red deluxe 5-speed. Had it for two months - orderet the vert.

07VistaGT,
I ordered on Jul 11, supposedly bucked on Thursday, Aug 3. Should ETA Aug 21. Sure hope you aren't pushed back to October. Best of luck.

Jim
Old 8/5/06, 09:21 PM
GT Member

Lookin' mighty sweet!!! Congrats on the new car!! Nice car and nice pics! That is a good shot of the shifter. Just a few questions:

1. Is the e-brake handle stitched as well with the PTP?
2. What type and brand are the tires with the 18" wheels?
3. That looks like just the plate attached with a minimal bracket. Did you find out anything about that other bracket?
4. How different are the WebElectric sequentials for 07 over the 06s? I just read TacoBill's detailed installation thread and would be interested in the differences in 07.

OK, enough of the questions and on to the 'nanners:

Quick Reply: My '07 is so close I can smell it....