2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Mustang Quick Reference Guide (Prelim)

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/04, 10:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You should also add rear air, a third row seat, reverse sensing and a cargo rack on your Stang
Old 7/11/04, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
really? so the regular manual controls are better then?
Old 7/11/04, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@July 11, 2004, 10:30 AM
You should also add rear air, a third row seat, reverse sensing and a cargo rack on your Stang
gees thanx man make fun of me... i just perfer doing things the lazy way. when i get a new stang i dont want to be fooling around with the temp if i dont have too thats how i look at it anyways. but if its annoying as stated in the post b4 urs then ill just stick witht he regular temp control.
Old 7/11/04, 11:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by icemant180+July 11, 2004, 6:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (icemant180 @ July 11, 2004, 6:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GMconvert@July 10, 2004, 5:49 PM
Whoa, I just read something else cool about the MyColor gauge display. No matter what color you have set for the background illumination on the instruments, if one of your gauges is reading in a "warning zone" -- such as the coolant temp reading too high -- the whole background color on that particular gauge turns red! Sounds simple, but little stuff like that is really cool. Sounds like "Darth Vader's bathroom," as Michael Knight once said...
Yes, but if you have red as a normal backgound color (best for night conditions because it does not cause night blindness) you would not notice the warning red.
maybe it flashes red? [/b][/quote]
Actually, I think blue is better for nighttime reading(this is why police cars have a blue and red light, the red would dissapear in the surronding city lights, I have a good pic of this if ya want me to scan it in...)

Old 7/11/04, 01:14 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Now .. if I could only locate those $3000 rebate certificates for previous Mustang owners ...
That would be sweet. Thanks for the great info!
Old 7/12/04, 12:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by os121+July 10, 2004, 5:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (os121 @ July 10, 2004, 5:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-burningman@July 10, 2004, 4:52 PM
Sweet! thanx os121!
You are most welcome This stuff is fun to read. Looks like we have to have to engage the parking lights or headlights before we can turn on the foglights. It's interesting that the fogs are activated by pulling out the headlight switch. Hope that it is easy to modify this to allow the fogs to be turned on independent of the other lights. [/b][/quote]
Why would you want to do this?
  • Fog lamps are only for use during fog, with low beams
  • Driving lamps are only to be used with the high beams
  • Parking lamps are to be used during parking.
Using any of the above lights outside those parameters is simply trying to look cool (but immediately signalling serious drivers that you have modified your lights for purposes other than lighting and driving performance....)
Old 7/12/04, 06:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by FrankBullitt05+July 11, 2004, 11:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FrankBullitt05 @ July 11, 2004, 11:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by icemant180@July 11, 2004, 6:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-GMconvert
@July 10, 2004, 5:49 PM
Whoa, I just read something else cool about the MyColor gauge display. No matter what color you have set for the background illumination on the instruments, if one of your gauges is reading in a "warning zone" -- such as the coolant temp reading too high -- the whole background color on that particular gauge turns red! Sounds simple, but little stuff like that is really cool. Sounds like "Darth Vader's bathroom," as Michael Knight once said...

Yes, but if you have red as a normal backgound color (best for night conditions because it does not cause night blindness) you would not notice the warning red.
maybe it flashes red?
Actually, I think blue is better for nighttime reading(this is why police cars have a blue and red light, the red would dissapear in the surronding city lights, I have a good pic of this if ya want me to scan it in...)

[/b][/quote]
I recently completed a boating navigation course and red is the color used on the bridge of ships. They use red so they can read their navigaton charts without imparing their visabillity. I don't know why police use blue and red, but my guess is so it can be seen from long distances. Maybe there's a ship pilot in here that can colaborate the use of red on the bridge?
Old 7/12/04, 06:12 AM
Bullitt Member

In my state, red and green signify who has the right of way when it comes to the laws of the waters( michigan)
Old 7/12/04, 06:31 AM
V6 Member

my understanding of the blue on police cars is because when you are drunk, red turns to brown. at least that is what they told us back when I had to do driving school.
Old 7/12/04, 06:50 AM
GT Member

Wow, I guess I haven't woken up yet. Responded to something that wasn't a reply to me. :bang:
Old 7/12/04, 09:38 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by theguy10@July 12, 2004, 8:34 AM
my understanding of the blue on police cars is because when you are drunk, red turns to brown. at least that is what they told us back when I had to do driving school.
Its actually more of an "burgandy"
Old 7/12/04, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks great! I wish I had the car to go with it.
Old 7/12/04, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

waveman i think the digital temp control looks sweet, ill go in and try it out on the trucks and see if it really is that annoying.
Old 7/12/04, 12:58 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Bhead32@July 12, 2004, 1:33 PM
waveman i think the digital temp control looks sweet, ill go in and try it out on the trucks and see if it really is that annoying.
Never been a fan of digital temp. control.

It seems like something that isn't really that convenient, but will be a big hassle if it breaks down on you.

I for one don't play with the temp controls that often
Old 7/12/04, 01:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Express Up" for the power windows!!! Auto-Open via remote for the windows!!

I'm enjoying the "little" options.

Thanks for this great find!
Old 7/12/04, 04:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

what's so bad about temp control? you just set a certain temperature and the a/c maintains it. way sweeter that setting the temp control to "cold" just to realize that it's getting too cold inside 10 minutes later...
Old 7/12/04, 05:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Wombert@July 12, 2004, 5:00 PM
what's so bad about temp control? you just set a certain temperature and the a/c maintains it. way sweeter that setting the temp control to "cold" just to realize that it's getting too cold inside 10 minutes later...
Thats why I like digital temp controls. My mom had a '87 Lincon Continental and it had digital everything and we never had a problem with any of the digital systems on the vehicle. All we did was set whatever temp we wanted the inside of the car to be and it just kept it at that temp all the time no hassle or anything. Like you said the A/C kept it at the correct temp all the time so we never had to do much of anything to cool ourselves down. The temp control center ran fine for the 5 years that we had the car for. Granted that yes it would be costly to get a replacement if any thing happened to that digital temp control center but hey, Ford has had digital ones in their vehicles for a long time now. For that reason I'm pretty sure that there shouldn't been to much of a problem with it, and if there is a problem chances are it will be a problem with the software for it. In which case thats a problem that Ford would have to fix and it would be covered by warrenty because it's a problem that they did programing the controller in the first place.

I for one can see there being a problem at all with using the digital version of the temp controller in the 2005, but hey some people don't like to see digital things that shows there is useful technology in vehicles. Lets face it take the gauges and how they can change colors. How many people are really going to use that function? My guess everyone will probably use that thing a couple times MAX! because its just a pointless funtion that was Ford through into the car because they think it's "cool". Granted it is a "cool" idea but just imagine how much a person will have to pay to get that thing fixed if something goes wrong. Now some people are probably asking themselves so what's the difference between the gauges changin colors and the use of the digital temp controller... both will cost to get fixed. Yes eventually the parts will cost money to get fixed sept that the guages are comppletely brand new. They have never been done before, so when something happens to those Ford will basically charge an arm and a leg to fix it. As for the temp controller they wont because it's being used in different Ford vehicles and will probably be in practically all Ford's in the next few years. My guess is that the color changing technology will only be in the Mustang model.
Old 7/12/04, 05:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well as the owner of Many Ford Cars, Most with Climate Controled AC, I Must admit I like the Temperature Controled AC. It was the Only Other MUST HAVE Item on My Current 97 Thunderbird, After The 4.6 V8 Engine. I usually only make slight temp adjustments depending on the temp outside, which it also monitors and displays. I tell you when it's reading 100 degrees outside it's nice to set that stinker on 67 degrees and let the system cycle and adjust the fan settings untill it's cool and comfy inside. The Only Problem I have had with CC Has Nothing to do with it being CC, it was due to loosing freon.

Now, the problem I see is that it's not as simple as switching the control head from Standard AC to ClimateControl AC. CC/AC Uses different Fans, and aditional sensors to check things such as Solar Loading (A Sensor Mounted on the Dash Top) to Interior Temprature(Usually a Square Little Slotted Opening near the Center of the Dash.) I Know every car I have looked at that offered Both C.C., and Manual AC Systems they have different wiring harneses. So I doubt anyone will be able to switch their 05 over to CC, without spending Major Money to do so.

Some things you just have to do without When You Own a Mustang, but the 300 horses under the hood Go A Long Way to make up for them.

WoooHoooooo! I'm A Bullitt Member Now!
Old 7/12/04, 05:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by M1Rifle@July 12, 2004, 12:48 AM
Why would you want to do this?
  • Fog lamps are only for use during fog, with low beams
  • Driving lamps are only to be used with the high beams
  • Parking lamps are to be used during parking.
Using any of the above lights outside those parameters is simply trying to look cool (but immediately signalling serious drivers that you have modified your lights for purposes other than lighting and driving performance....)
I mentioned this mainly because it was a topic that was discussed before (see link below). I tend to agree with your rationale against making the lamps independent of the others, and most likely I won't bother trying. However, if I did it would be for the reason you stated - to look cool. I am also partial to having toggle switches in the cabin, the array of switches in the Ford-GT looks awesome.

Previous Fog Lamp Discussion
Old 7/12/04, 06:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TampaBear67@July 12, 2004, 5:36 PM
Well as the owner of Many Ford Cars, Most with Climate Controled AC, I Must admit I like the Temperature Controled AC. It was the Only Other MUST HAVE Item on My Current 97 Thunderbird, After The 4.6 V8 Engine. I usually only make slight temp adjustments depending on the temp outside, which it also monitors and displays. I tell you when it's reading 100 degrees outside it's nice to set that stinker on 67 degrees and let the system cycle and adjust the fan settings untill it's cool and comfy inside. The Only Problem I have had with CC Has Nothing to do with it being CC, it was due to loosing freon.

Now, the problem I see is that it's not as simple as switching the control head from Standard AC to ClimateControl AC. CC/AC Uses different Fans, and aditional sensors to check things such as Solar Loading (A Sensor Mounted on the Dash Top) to Interior Temprature(Usually a Square Little Slotted Opening near the Center of the Dash.) I Know every car I have looked at that offered Both C.C., and Manual AC Systems they have different wiring harneses. So I doubt anyone will be able to switch their 05 over to CC, without spending Major Money to do so.

Some things you just have to do without When You Own a Mustang, but the 300 horses under the hood Go A Long Way to make up for them.

WoooHoooooo! I'm A Bullitt Member Now!
Well see that's just it. That's the reason why I think it in fact can work because the '05 uses the manual version of the CC. So in fact it should be pretty much just a simple swap of the controller and its wireing harness, which would come with the CC itself as a package because the CC needs it to work. The only thing I can see as costing big bucks is the outdoor and indoor temp sensors. As you said all CC's read and display both inside and outside temps so the driver knows how warm it is and can make the corrections as needed. But really when it comes down to it Ford places the inside temp sensor usually in the cover of the right dash speaker and I forget where they normally locate the outside sensor. Anyways that is what will cost big bucks is to get those installed. I for like you have only had the problem of havign to get the A/C recharged everyonce in a while because its basically always on. So for that fact when i purchase a new mustang, if by that time its not an option I'll pay extra for it to get it installed either from the dealer or installed at the factory. As we all know if you are willing to pay extra for it Ford has always been willing to install it for you; and thats exactly what I will do because granted the 300hp on the GT and the 300+hp that will be in the Cobra, SE's, and Mach 1's when they come out can do it all too. I just like my CC, like you said it is a must have nowadays.

oh and congrats man on becoming a Bullitt member

Quick Reply: Mustang Quick Reference Guide (Prelim)