2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Mustang GT Rice Challengers

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/05, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Faber@May 12, 2005, 9:23 AM
Any car that is all show and no go, american or otherwise if the car looks like it is going 200 miles an hour standing still, but cant perform it just dosent turn me on. I am a car guy, I do prefer fords just because i am sentimental, but i would own a 67 camaro, an 60's GTO, a Vette, an STI, or EVO any day just because these are great cars. I dig my new stang because it reminds me of the old ones and I appreciate its simplistic back to basics design. I dont like the loook of the new charger, or the new GTO, but i do respect their keeping the american muscle car alive.

I thought my stang was the fastest thing on the road for the longest time (because it is only natural to be proud of such a cool car, and everyone want to think theirs is the very best) but i have had my share of humbling experiences.....

got smacked down by an EVO the other day (i thought he was a ricer, but he turned out to be cool, ans just like me he was all proud of his ride and i could respect that)

got my boody handed to me by an 02 camaro SS (although i had a passenger, and wasnt aware we were racing till he was a car length ahead of me...)

all in all though i still dig a good adrenalin rushing race just for the heck of it....I dont have anything to prove anymore, i know my car is fast as the day is long, but i also know there are plenty of cars out there that are faster.

to take a line from full metal jacket and tweak it..."this is my mustang, there are many others like it, but this one is mine"

i find this really funny

i have smacked evos so hard i couldn believe it...like almost 2 cars lengths by 80mph. bone stock i was a dead match for one with intake and full exhaust (with 2 passengers in my car). with 4.10s i took an MR edition with the works and a body kit intake and exhuast by over a car length from 20-70. passenger leaned out window and yelled "thats a gt...they are slow" then when they ricer-fly-by and yelled "wtf dude? that thing got a hemi or some shlt?"

lost to an SS when stock. got gears and predator, now i have beat 4 SS's and lost to a supercharged one (2 autos and 2 manuals), as well as a ws6 on the street and a ws6 at the track.

lost to an sti, but he got a big jump. he ran a 13.5x at the track and i ran 13.26

some guy leaned out an srt4 and yelled "wanna race?" i yelled back "wanna lose?" and proceeded to take him by over a car length from 30-60

did i just get a good motor or something?? lol
Old 5/13/05, 12:42 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by stkdidy@May 13, 2005, 12:41 PM
i find this really funny

i have smacked evos so hard i couldn believe it...like almost 2 cars lengths by 80mph. bone stock i was a dead match for one with intake and full exhaust (with 2 passengers in my car). with 4.10s i took an MR edition with the works and a body kit intake and exhuast by over a car length from 20-70. passenger leaned out window and yelled "thats a gt...they are slow" then when they ricer-fly-by and yelled "wtf dude? that thing got a hemi or some shlt?"

lost to an SS when stock. got gears and predator, now i have beat 4 SS's and lost to a supercharged one (2 autos and 2 manuals), as well as a ws6 on the street and a ws6 at the track.

lost to an sti, but he got a big jump. he ran a 13.5x at the track and i ran 13.26

some guy leaned out an srt4 and yelled "wanna race?" i yelled back "wanna lose?" and proceeded to take him by over a car length from 30-60

did i just get a good motor or something?? lol
:nono:
Old 5/14/05, 12:20 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by blackhat97@May 13, 2005, 9:44 AM
Looks like he's driving around a belt buckle.

a saddle...or cowboy boot... its just too painful to look at...
Old 5/14/05, 04:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dswhalen@May 12, 2005, 10:18 AM
Is it true that terrorist only drive ricers on suicide missions?
The next time you take a picture of your domestic car, it will be with a "rice" camera. When you play music on your home stereo, it will be with a "rice" audio system. How 'bout checking where your computer is manufactured? Or maybe your clock radio? I could go on and on.

But, like a good little hypocrite, you buy this stuff, don't you? And why? Because we're too stupid or lazy in this part of the world to compete, and have a history of handing our technology and manufacturing offshore. So it's ironic that you bash Japanese manufacturers, every single one of whom produce higher quality products than Ford - a fact proven by Ford's declining sales and market share.

As to the terrorist remark, I'm undecided if that's ignorance, stupidity or racism at work. :notnice:
Old 5/14/05, 06:52 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Robert, relax man. His remark was a joke. I could make jokes about British Columbia (I won't since you seem to be easily offended), but that wouldn't make me ignorant, stupid (same thing), or racist. No one here should be offended by the term Rice, everyone has a different meaning for the slang term. Rice refers to cars, not computers, cameras, stereos, etc.
Heck, if I wanted to be overly sensitive I could be offended by your bashing Ford, since quality alone does not determine market share.
eace: