2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Mustang GT , 2005 parking/turn light

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/14, 12:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Mustang GT , 2005 parking/turn light

Hi .

Hmmm, a litte confused about the car lights. In the parking/turn light and side light-unit, I only have the sidelight and signals. No parking light

Isn't this car always with parking light from factory ?

Thanks

( Car is brand new for me , so.....

Last edited by Eliminator.dk; 11/17/14 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11/17/14, 07:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
They must be burned out. Time for new bulbs.

I've already had to replace one for my car for this reason. And all the tail lamps (because if you do one, might as well do all six so they're all the same brightness and such, IMO.)

The ones that irritate me are the marker ones. Especially the back ones. I don't know why they keep burnin' out. I've had to replace the back ones twice already, both sides, and the front ones just had one burn out so I did both of them.

It's not *hard* to do it.. just irritating a little.

Last edited by houtex; 11/17/14 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11/17/14, 11:15 PM

Parking lights

Hi.

Both Bulbs are just replaced. No changes ?

Don´t know if any settings are available.

Last edited by Eliminator.dk; 11/18/14 at 05:10 AM.
Old 11/30/14, 10:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
No changes? Do you mean the lights still do not work?

Which bulbs exactly are you referring to?

The front turn signal has a 3157 bulb for the turn signal/parking light, and also a 194 for the outer marker in the same light fixture.

I am interpreting to mean that the 194 bulb in your outer marker isn't working?

Houtex, you need to just get LEDs for all of your markers. I have converted all light bulbs in my Pony to LEDs. They never burn out - problem solved!
Old 12/1/14, 07:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Yeah, next round will be LEDs. It was just a 'now' thing this time.
Old 12/2/14, 09:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by houtex
Yeah, next round will be LEDs. It was just a 'now' thing this time.

eBay is the hot ticket for the 194 bulbs for the interior, license plate, third brake light, side markers, and the markers built in to the front turn signals. You can get red, amber, and white for ridiculously cheep prices. I paid $3.00 or less for 10 of them, and that included shipping.

I see them on American Muscle for $17.95 a pair, that's nuts!

For your turn signal lights, get the 3157 LEDs from eBay as well, those cost more. I got a set of white/amber switchbacks, they set me back almost $30. They are very bright as well!
Old 12/3/14, 05:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by mrkabc
eBay is the hot ticket for the 194 bulbs for the interior, license plate, third brake light, side markers, and the markers built in to the front turn signals. You can get red, amber, and white for ridiculously cheep prices. I paid $3.00 or less for 10 of them, and that included shipping. I see them on American Muscle for $17.95 a pair, that's nuts! For your turn signal lights, get the 3157 LEDs from eBay as well, those cost more. I got a set of white/amber switchbacks, they set me back almost $30. They are very bright as well!
Do the LEDs not blink extra fast? Due to drawing less power, and making the system think you have a blown bulb
Old 12/3/14, 01:32 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 130 Likes on 93 Posts
I replaced all my parking lights with LEDS.. I didnt know they were burnt out until they were pointed out by my brother. I thought they were just reflectors.

So I looked around and got LEDS off ebay. 10 for $2 or something like that. I know what you mean though. Websites selling 1 for close to $20 that IS nuts and a total rip off.
Old 12/4/14, 06:59 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmm. I haven't replaced any bulbs on mine since the first day I bought it new.
Old 12/7/14, 11:28 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
eBay is the hot ticket for the 194 bulbs for the interior, license plate, third brake light, side markers, and the markers built in to the front turn signals. You can get red, amber, and white for ridiculously cheep prices. I paid $3.00 or less for 10 of them, and that included shipping.

I see them on American Muscle for $17.95 a pair, that's nuts!

For your turn signal lights, get the 3157 LEDs from eBay as well, those cost more. I got a set of white/amber switchbacks, they set me back almost $30. They are very bright as well!
careful with the ebay ones...I bought a mercury marquis from florida, previous owner put all LEDs in it, several failed the first few weeks i had it- took them out, they were still good, but got so hot they melted the fixture sockets- you couldnt touch them if they were on a minute...the leds stay cool, but think they used too small a wattage resistor in the base- the bases were frying... theres good deals on ebay, but sometimes you just never know... if you buy any, suggset leaving the covers off, run them a few minutes to see if they get hot- decent quality should stay cool
Old 12/10/14, 12:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ford4v429
careful with the ebay ones...I bought a mercury marquis from florida, previous owner put all LEDs in it, several failed the first few weeks i had it- took them out, they were still good, but got so hot they melted the fixture sockets- you couldnt touch them if they were on a minute...the leds stay cool, but think they used too small a wattage resistor in the base- the bases were frying... theres good deals on ebay, but sometimes you just never know... if you buy any, suggset leaving the covers off, run them a few minutes to see if they get hot- decent quality should stay cool

I know what you mean about cheap LEDs. I got ones with 5630 SMDs in them (as opposed to the cheaper 5050 SMDs) with lots of aluminum for heat dispersion.

Name:  20140714_182346-1.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  39.8 KB

What is weird is that I was ready to install a load resistor for the amber turn signal, but I didn't get any hyper flashing when I plugged in the LEDs. I have been running all LEDs now since early summer, no overheats and no failures.

I bought a set of COB (Chip on Board) LED panels for the trunk to replace my (crappy) fluorescent light kit, those things will light up my trunk like a Christmas tree.

Lesson in this: Don't get the cheapest LEDs out there, but there are good bargains to be had. I've now installed the same switchbacks/194/3157 lights on my Pony and four trucks without a single failure.
Old 12/10/14, 04:43 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I know what you mean about cheap LEDs. I got ones with 5630 SMDs in them (as opposed to the cheaper 5050 SMDs) with lots of aluminum for heat dispersion. What is weird is that I was ready to install a load resistor for the amber turn signal, but I didn't get any hyper flashing when I plugged in the LEDs. I have been running all LEDs now since early summer, no overheats and no failures. I bought a set of COB (Chip on Board) LED panels for the trunk to replace my (crappy) fluorescent light kit, those things will light up my trunk like a Christmas tree. Lesson in this: Don't get the cheapest LEDs out there, but there are good bargains to be had. I've now installed the same switchbacks/194/3157 lights on my Pony and four trucks without a single failure.
Witch ones did you get for your turn signals? I've been wanting to get some, but didn't want to deal with the hyper blinking.
Old 12/12/14, 11:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by lowblustang00
Witch ones did you get for your turn signals? I've been wanting to get some, but didn't want to deal with the hyper blinking.

I got them off eBay... let me see if I can find the auction. (to give you the correct type)
Old 12/16/14, 08:11 AM

Some Update for my Question.

Found out the wires was cut in both sides. ( left side the dark green , and right the black/viol )

Think it's part of the EU mods. ?

But now it's fixed.